What's your job?

I noticed that there weren’t any introduction threads, so I thought I should start one! It never hurts to network right? 1. So what do you do for a living? 2. How many hours do you work on average? 3. Any professional designations and/or licenses? 4. Random facts? I guess I’ll start: 1. I’m a forensic accountant specializing in divorce in California for rich people (household income 100k+). I will be indispensable if you’re getting a divorce. Haha 2. I work approx 45 hours a week at the day job, and another 10 hours in my own business that’s completely unrelated. 3. CPA, CFE. Graduated from UCLA. 4. Me likes watching Korean dramas. Play a few instruments. Can’t stop watching U-Kiss’s man man hani music video (don’t laugh!). Love to befriend people that are completely different from me. Feel free to facebook me. Search: esthermo@ucla.edu [In case you wanted to spam me with the prince of Nigeria being in danger emails, I’m one step ahead of you because UCLA recently purged my email account.] Side: Does anyone know if it’s possible to private message people up in here?

Nice to e-meet you Ocean Mist. Work in middle office for a large AUM asset manager. Not that challenging but gives me a great quality of life outside the office. Work 37 hours per week. No professional designations, studying for L2 at the moment. Love music (everything),traveling, golf, football (soccer), parties, planes & space. Not possible to PM people here.

1. M&A 2. 80 hours a week 3. CFC (I know it is crap, so sue me) 4. Sports
  1. Financial manager at Unilever (Obviously) 2. 60 hours a week or so 3. Working on level II (CFA) and CIMA. 4. I study too much >
  1. Transfer pricing consultant 2. About 40hrs a week. 3. Failing level 3 CFA this june as havent started study 4. I dont study enough.

there are a couple of these types of threads floating around, but i’ll play along 1. strategy & BD for a portfolio company 2. ~50 hours per week 3. no designations, but i’m studying for L3 4. i hate elmo. grover is where it’s at. i also don’t understand where sesame street ends and the muppet show begins since there are some characters who cross over

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there are a couple of these types of threads > floating around, but i’ll play along > > 1. strategy & BD for a portfolio company > 2. ~50 hours per week > 3. no designations, but i’m studying for L3 > 4. i hate elmo. grover is where it’s at. i also > don’t understand where sesame street ends and the > muppet show begins since there are some characters > who cross over Haha! I like grover. I have to go with cookiemonster as my favorite, but there is an impostor there trying to promote eating vegetables… utter blasphemy!

http://laughingsquid.com/cookie-monster-no-want-to-delete-cookies/ Cookie monster

^LOL! Cute. Y’all have pretty sweet jobs. How’d you get in?! Unilever - Is it true you get all the Unilever inventory at deep discounted prices?! (i.e. shampoos for $1.)

1. ALM 2. 45 hrs / week 3. I’m a c.f.a. 4. My son turns 2 on the 25th

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I noticed that there weren’t any introduction > threads, so I thought I should start one! It never > hurts to network right? > > 1. So what do you do for a living? > 2. How many hours do you work on average? > 3. Any professional designations and/or licenses? > 4. Random facts? > > I guess I’ll start: > > 1. I’m a forensic accountant specializing in > divorce in California for rich people (household > income 100k+). I will be indispensable if you’re > getting a divorce. Haha > > 2. I work approx 45 hours a week at the day job, > and another 10 hours in my own business that’s > completely unrelated. > > 3. CPA, CFE. Graduated from UCLA. > > 4. Me likes watching Korean dramas. Play a few > instruments. Can’t stop watching U-Kiss’s man man > hani music video (don’t laugh!). Love to befriend > people that are completely different from me. > > > Feel free to facebook me. Search: > esthermo@ucla.edu > > Side: Does anyone know if it’s possible to private > message people up in here? kewl…I have a CPA and CFE too.

1. Data-entry monkey 2. 50-60 3. None :frowning: 4. I Love reality TV

1, Corp finance 2, about 40/wk 3. doing level 3 CFA in June 3, love tennis, but poor player

Marcus phoenix - we should be best friends forever! What’s your job? Hit me up on FB. I could relate to my love of certain sports that I completely suck at. One of them is snowboarding. My ultimate dream of becoming a gold medalist snowboarder was dashed when my beginning snowboarding instructors gave up on me. (Is this even legal? I paid for the lesson too!) Hahahah - My company, being made up of accountants, went on a ski / snowboarding trip and we all took the beginner’s class because the firm pays for it, and our instructor got PISSED because we sucked so badly. I was just glad that I wasn’t the worst one in the group - if that were even possible. I was the 2nd worst.

1. I’m underwear model. 2. 20-25 hours. 3. MBA, DeVry University. GPA 3.9 baby! 4. My chips are on Mickelson to win the Masters.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Marcus phoenix - we should be best friends > forever! What’s your job? Hit me up on FB. > > I could relate to my love of certain sports that I > completely suck at. One of them is snowboarding. > My ultimate dream of becoming a gold medalist > snowboarder was dashed when my beginning > snowboarding instructors gave up on me. (Is this > even legal? I paid for the lesson too!) Hahahah - > My company, being made up of accountants, went on > a ski / snowboarding trip and we all took the > beginner’s class because the firm pays for it, and > our instructor got PISSED because we sucked so > badly. I was just glad that I wasn’t the worst one > in the group - if that were even possible. I was > the 2nd worst. Ocean Mist, You seem like a very nice girl. Have you been on this board before or at least lurked a little bit?

(1) Male model (2) 7 hours a week (takes one hour to roll out of bed in the morning) (3) Male model (4) I can’t turn left

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. I’m underwear model. > > 2. 20-25 hours. > > 3. MBA, DeVry University. GPA 3.9 baby! > > 4. My chips are on Mickelson to win the Masters. Mickelson? No way. It would be nice, but it’s not gonna happen. He hasn’t hit a fairway in ages. It’ll be all Tiger.

I agree that Mickelson’s chances are not good. It’s just because I like the guy.

All my money is on Craig Stadler.