What's your job?

welcome to trolledville, population you!

1. Just started a “pre-MBA internship” in corporate strategy at Fortune 50 company 2. 45-50 hours a week 3. No professional licenses, but ~3 years in equity research and ~2 years in private equity 4. I have a guilty pleasure of reading AF threads entitled “Weirdest thing you’ve seen at work”
  1. Business Development at a European investment bank 2. 40 hours 3. No professional licenses 4. Too many random facts, I can’t say what is more important, at this moment probably charity, fitness and trying to start to study for level 2 for this June. Is it too late by the way?
  1. buy side fixed income - hnw group with ~$2 bln under mgmt 2. 50 or so 3. no licenses 4. didnt gradudate from college until i was 26

Numi, what happened to the pre-MBA male modeling gig? Did you get sick of the attention?

1. Family Office 2. 35-45 3. CFA 4. I want to sleep

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Numi, what happened to the pre-MBA male modeling > gig? Did you get sick of the attention? No, I liked it…however, I couldn’t turn left and people kept saying that all my poses were the same look.

^Fair enough. I think the Fortune 50 internship is probably a better fit right now based on your current goals. However, don’t let the “I cannot turn left” thing keep you from pursuing your dream of male modeling if that is what you want LT. I have seen plenty of male models that gave up the game too soon without fulfilling their potential.

1. Investment Consulting & PWM 2. 45-50 3. Level II right now. Probably applying to bschool in a year’s time. 4. I once made ~500% on an OTM call in 10 minutes. I date an identical twin and it rocks.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^Fair enough. I think the Fortune 50 internship > is probably a better fit right now based on your > current goals. However, don’t let the “I cannot > turn left” thing keep you from pursuing your dream > of male modeling if that is what you want LT. I > have seen plenty of male models that gave up the > game too soon without fulfilling their potential. Thanks man, I appreciate it. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. With that said, I’m pretty sure there’s more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking, and I plan on finding out what that is. OK, time to step away from the desk, need to go breakdance-fighting.

1. Tax 2. 50-60 hours a week 3. MST, CPA, Level II Candidate 4. Quarter life Crisis

CaffeineAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. Tax > 2. 50-60 hours a week > 3. MST, CPA, Level II Candidate > 4. Quarter life Crisis http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1129608 What do you think man? Is a job like this worth it? I’m not inclined to turn anything down, but I really wonder if this would even be a right fit for me. I interview next week. Let me know any insight you may have.

1. VP Structured Capital Markets - 360 degree management of a multi-seller ABCP conduit 2. 50-60 3. CFA Charter 4. There are no facts about me, just half-truths.

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. No job, no school > 2. 0 hr/week > 3. Nothing meaningful > 4. Spend most my time wondering what the hell I’m > going to do with my life Same… I can’t ignore my girlfriend for the life of me (excuse; poor work ethic), ruining my life (no job in 4 months). At least I’ll be leaving for a MFin soonish on scholarship. Biggest mistake of my life (so far) was to leave UCSB (freakout) and then transfered to CSU San Marcos when I could have gone to UCSD/SDSU.

1. Equity Research, coverage analyst, buy side firm AUM ~ $1bil 2. 40~50 hrs (down from 50~60 from early years) 3. Passed level 3 4. Accomplished the goal from these “ever-so-trolling” thread posts of “how can I switch from engineering/IT to finance when I only had $hitty grades from a state school?”
  1. Corporate Trust Structured Finance - MBS, ABS mostly 2. 40-45 hours 3. Sitting for L1 in June 4. Drive a Volvo. Boxy, but good.
  1. Associate Private Banker to UNHW Individuals 2. 60 hours 3. Sitting for L3 in June, MBA in fall 4. I brew my own beer. Its terrible but I’m learning still.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 4. I once made ~500% on an OTM call in 10 minutes. > I date an identical twin and it rocks. I missed that one. That’s a proper +1 right there.

rustyrudder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 4. I brew my own beer. Its terrible but I’m > learning still. +1. I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while. Maybe I’ll try it this summer.