Whats your Kryptonite?

Everyone has a topic that takes them to school everytime. A topic that makes you feel sick even before you open the book. Mine is Fixed Income. Whats yours?

Fixed income by far. Need to also brush up a bit on random econ stuff and FSA.

But I mean I kind of like FI, but I get raped in the practice exams (averaging around 67% over all practice tests)

eco is killing me. i thought i understand it and am getting nailed in every practice test i do. been scoring crap in equities but i think i can solve that with some more qbank tets.

Definitely Econs for me. I’m sick of it about 20 pages into the book (CFAI).

women.

Asset valuation section is definitely my weak area. Plus by the time I get there on practice exams, I feel drained, so don’t perform well.

Taxes

women…damnit joey took mine.

CFA Level 1

I still hate FI. screwd me ova in Mock 1

Too lazy to learn hypothesis testing, even though I remember doing it in University (econ major), every time a question comes up I’m a sitting duck. Maybe I should look over that chapter this week…

F’in Bayes Theorem. I just cannot understand this concept. If I see it on the exam Ill simply guess and move on. Everything else Im good with. Econ(certain topics) would be a 2nd choice

Ugh, where to begin. I have loose ends in every subject that I just can’t wrap my head around.

jlive1975 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > F’in Bayes Theorem. I just cannot understand this > concept. If I see it on the exam Ill simply guess > and move on. > > Everything else Im good with. Econ(certain topics) > would be a 2nd choice Don’t look at the formula for Bayes - just look at a tree and cross out the circumstances that no longer apply. Take the remaining pieces and then just do the (desired outcome / desired + other outcome remaining) ie. a tree that looks like: I if oil goes down , stocks go up 38% II if oil goes down , stocks go down 12% III if oil goes up, stocks go up 10% IV if oil goes up, stocks go down 40% what is probability of stocks going up, given the fact that oil has gone down? cross out III and IV, and then it is just (I / I+II) or 38%/(12%+38%) or, what is the probability that oil has gone down given the fact that stocks have gone up? cross out II and IV because stocks have gone up, and then it is 38% / (10%+38%)

It’s definitely FSA, alternative investments, and markets for me. I’ve got my handle on fixed income

God damn projectplytnc, how bout helping me out with hypothesis testing? haha

I think Quant is one of those sections that has the potential of killing you because it is so large and there is such a variety of questions they can put on.

tree = time consuming

quant and SS9-FRA…