What's your study regimen?

Just curious, how many hours do most of you put in per day or per week? I’m finishing up my last year in college. I’m retaking the Level I this December (I took it earlier this year in June, but I wasn’t prepared). Now with 6 weeks left, I need to step up my game. I need to pass. A lot of the material is still fresh on my head, so my plan is to memorize all the formulas, review Schweser Secret Sauce, and skim all of my old notes tomorrow and then go all out with exam questions everyday. Starting this Wednesday, I’m going to wake up and study 6-10am everyday. On Friday-Sunday, I’m going to either put in another 4 hour session in the afternoon or spend the whole day doing one full 6-hour exam. I’m going to commit myself to taking at least two 6-hour practice exams every week from now on. Basically, I’m going to be putting in about 35 hours per week. I could pull this off, since I’m not working and I’m still in school. With 6 weeks left, that makes 210 hours, and the CFA Institute recommends 250hrs. I should be good. Any input/advice is appreciated.

Started to study in mid of august 10-15 hours per week on average. From the mid of October I stepped up a gear and I study 20 and above hours a week. That will give me about 240 hours of study so with my academical background should be sufficient (hopefully) to pass level 1.

rado, siam: What is then your academical background? I’m just curious…

master degree in economics and degree in finance

Currently a senior at the University of Michigan double-majoring in Economics and History. I’ve also taken Intermediate Financial Accounting and a math class on derivatives. This past summer, I interned in structured products. So today I’m going to memorize all the formulas, some of which are still fresh in my head from taking Level I in June, and then I’m going to go ballistic with exam questions everyday starting tomorrow. Wish me luck guys… it’s on now.

Remembering where your weaknesses were after taking the June test would be a good start as well.

And I hope your not a diehard Red Sox fan like myself…Lets just say that it is certainly not helping my studying.

Haha. Yeah. That has been cutting into my studying as well.

I would have rather failed in 2004 then see the Sox lose the ALCS. Hmm, is that a bad omen for this December? I currently live in Manahattan and watching the Sox win makes it THAT much better…

The Sox will win. No mountain men are going to take it away from us. Game 6 would be Halloween. Imagine if the Sox won the WS on Halloween night? Boston would go up in flames from rioting.

Between the Sox, Pats, and the Celtics getting going (not to mention work), I don’t know when I’m going to study. Econ just clicked for me last night. I yelled “I’ve got it!”. I’m pretty sure my roommate thinks I’m losing my mind. It felt really good to conquer something that has been giving me nightmares

starting to get a bit nervous now… i do about and hour or so of reading a day… only got a couple more FSA chapters to go… also doing 120q’s each night from the qbank… study more on wkends, maybe start doing the CFA sample exams on wkends too…

Right now, I do a morning or afternoon Schweser exam one day, then grade and review answers that night. Then the next day, I go over everything I missed, reread spots, take notes, do Q Bank, etc. Then rinse and repeat. Every Sat or Sunday, I do one of the CFAI exams.

your teams may be doing well this year, but when it’s all said and done, you’re still from Boston, the 5th greatest city in the US hows that doin

I dont get it

5th greatest city? I’ll give you New York (although, it’s not for me). What else is better?

LA, Chicago, Miami…possibly even Austin but im giving you the benefit of the doubt…didn’t mean to appear so fiesty in the last post, but as a NYer and having to be excited about the Knicks beating the Celtics in a preseason game doesn’t leave you in the best of moods

lol

I notice a lot of people mentioning about the Q-bank. Is this something that the CFAI provided? or Is it something else?

siam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just curious, how many hours do most of you put in > per day or per week? > > I’m finishing up my last year in college. I’m > retaking the Level I this December (I took it > earlier this year in June, but I wasn’t prepared). > Now with 6 weeks left, I need to step up my game. > I need to pass. A lot of the material is still > fresh on my head, so my plan is to memorize all > the formulas, review Schweser Secret Sauce, and > skim all of my old notes tomorrow and then go all > out with exam questions everyday. > > Starting this Wednesday, I’m going to wake up and > study 6-10am everyday. On Friday-Sunday, I’m going > to either put in another 4 hour session in the > afternoon or spend the whole day doing one full > 6-hour exam. I’m going to commit myself to taking > at least two 6-hour practice exams every week from > now on. > > Basically, I’m going to be putting in about 35 > hours per week. I could pull this off, since I’m > not working and I’m still in school. With 6 weeks > left, that makes 210 hours, and the CFA Institute > recommends 250hrs. I should be good. > > Any input/advice is appreciated. its not quantity. its the depth and understanding of the knowledge.