When I started the CFA Program...

*CFAI did not exist - it was AIMR * AIMR did not post exam results online. You had to wait by the mailbox at a predicted Saturday in August * AIMR did not post “bands” * Level II and Level III were entirely essay. Your co-workers/friends that sat for those exams would not pick up a pencil for weeks afterwards (when I passed LII, it was the first year they went to half multi choice) * Speaking of multi choice - we had 4 answers to choose from * Pass rates for LIII were always >60%

Things will get worse for future candidates which would be better for us (if we become charterholders come August)

*I used to just trim my pubic hair but now I totally shave it off. My, how things have changed…

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > *I used to just trim my pubic hair but now I > totally shave it off. > > My, how things have changed… I’ve done the exact opposite. My, how things have changed…

Huh. when I started the CFA program I was 30 lbs lighter and had friends.

^ + 1. I had more hair on my head than now

jankynoname Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Huh. when I started the CFA program I was 30 lbs > lighter and had friends. plus didnt need half a bottle of bordeaux to sleep every nite

When I started the CFA program i didn’t have trouble digesting milk

When I started the CFA program, I was heterosexual. Oh, wait…

When i started the CFA program I had a girlfriend, but was 70 lbs heavier…

When I started the CFA program, the mets WERE gr8.

metsaregr8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I started the CFA program, the mets WERE gr8. Umm, so you haven’t started yet… GO Braves!

I started studying for CFA Level I three months after my wedding. Bad idea …

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started studying for CFA Level I three months > after my wedding. Bad idea … Are you still married then?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maratikus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I started studying for CFA Level I three months > > after my wedding. Bad idea … > > > Are you still married then? I think it was a bad idea to start studying for the CFA because it added a lot of stress to my already rough first year. We went through that though and now have two incredible kids and laugh at our first year of marriage.

when I started, had more hair on my head, too :(( working and studing for the CFA exam is really challenging especially with a demanding job, 2 weeks to go… good luck for all of us guys!! any idea about how much the charter would be worth, finanlcially speaking? :wink: thanks

When I started the CFA Program… I used to study at the local college library, which was full of beautiful coeds where those North Face fleece jackets and pants so tight that even the thong couldn’t hide the lines. Then I had kids and moved away and the rest went to hell.

When I started teh CFA, You could see some grey hair on my head during a sunny day. Now you can see it also at night. Not joking. Kind of sad actually.

* you had to buy the entire textbook, which was a separate charge. A bit off topic, but when I took the CPA exam they didn’t allow calculators and they would ask when you were seated if you wanted smoking or non smoking section (in California, no less.)

Yes on the textbooks! Believe it or not, I (ok, my employer did) bought all the books after I failed LII for the 2nd time.