Where are you guys from?

Now that we no longer have to argue about OAS vs Z-spreads and how to relever beta, I’m running out of things to talk about. I’ll go first, born and raised in Minneapolis, MN and still here. Yes, we all talk funny and its 0 degrees year-round.

what is your age ? what do you like to eat and drink ? are you marrried ? how many kids ? how many mistresses ? do you know how to cook ? how much money do you make per year ? I’m coming back later with additional questions, just start with these ones. I really want to know you better…

@Brian LOL…point Miss to your matrimonial profile…I am not sure if you would like to reveal this much of information on this forum. Born and raised in central part of India, currently working as IT consultant in Dallas, TX.

nyc suburbs in the travel industry looking to get into finance

athens - greece, in economic research looking to get into investment analysis - asset man

Once you unlever the beta using the pure play model… ohhh wait… :wink: Live in Toronto - Canada. In Finance (Banking)- looking into M&A or Private Equity.

Matori Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Once you unlever the beta using the pure play > model… ohhh wait… :wink: > > Live in Toronto - Canada. In Finance (Banking)- > looking into M&A or Private Equity. hahaha… Toronto, yeahh, nice day that we have today right ? I’m in banking too. In which one are u ? the red one, the blue, the “queen” or the green ? hahaha

Originally from Winnipeg (that dot in the middle of Canada) and am looking to move to Toronto to get a real job in equity research or investment banking. If any of you Toronto folks have any suggestions I think I’ll need them!

Miss*Yiota Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Matori Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Once you unlever the beta using the pure play > > model… ohhh wait… :wink: > > > > Live in Toronto - Canada. In Finance (Banking)- > > looking into M&A or Private Equity. > > > hahaha… > Toronto, yeahh, nice day that we have today right > ? I’m in banking too. In which one are u ? the red > one, the blue, the “queen” or the green ? hahaha Hey Miss Yiota Beautiful day - although the sleep was pretty rough with the thunder. Shoot me an e-mail bg_andergraund@hotmail.com

There were so many people appearing in the exam in Dallas center for level 1 and I felt they were really prepared. I wonder how come they don’t use AF. I haven’t seen many people from Dallas here. How many people have plans to switch or look for part time investment related job after passing level 1? When are you guys planning to ditch level 1 forum and starting to post on level 2 forum?

@sgupta0827 the day the results get e-mailed out?

Penny-wenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @sgupta0827 the day the results get e-mailed out? lol…Aren’t we eligible before that? It would be very good to see all of you there. I hope I am not the only one left here :frowning:

Sgupta, I was writing Level 1 in Dallas. From Michigan (went to MSU) and have been working as an investment analyst here in Dallas for two and a half years. -TMC

Haha a lot of canadians…I’m not from canada but am also a banker. The bank I work for is likely to be acquired by a canadian bank by the end of summer.

The City of Angels.

clarkth4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sgupta, I was writing Level 1 in Dallas. > > From Michigan (went to MSU) and have been working > as an investment analyst here in Dallas for two > and a half years. > > -TMC LOL I hope you were not the guy sitting next to me and saw me carrying 10 pencils :slight_smile: If you did, don’t tell anyone. I am happy that I am better than people who carried 20 pencils. Any how, great to see someone from Dallas. How did you find the place? Do you have the same opinion as other people about the place being nasty? Did you get distracted by the person who was coughing very hard somewhere in the back? Did you go to happy hour after exam? Hmm…Investment analyst…sounds interesting…I can smell some opportunity for networking here. Probably, you can help me out with getting some part time job after level 1 to realize the theoretical knowledge.

Hey I am in India . Work for the middle office of a Swiss I Bank Equity Middle office

Caramel28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey I am in India . Work for the middle office of > a Swiss I Bank Equity Middle office Hey I heard it’s kind of easy to get into an investment jobs in India once you clear level 1. is that true? If yes, how do you find these jobs? Do job portals have jobs which have requirement for CFA level 1?

Matori Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Miss*Yiota Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Matori Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Once you unlever the beta using the pure play > > > model… ohhh wait… :wink: > > > > > > Live in Toronto - Canada. In Finance > (Banking)- > > > looking into M&A or Private Equity. > > > > > > hahaha… > > Toronto, yeahh, nice day that we have today > right > > ? I’m in banking too. In which one are u ? the > red > > one, the blue, the “queen” or the green ? > hahaha > > Hey Miss Yiota > > Beautiful day - although the sleep was pretty > rough with the thunder. Shoot me an e-mail > bg_andergraund@hotmail.com ok

Hey Sgupta , My first job was in JP morgan , I was recruited on campus , then i did a jump to CS. Things good with these places are opportunities for global mobility . But depending on your background , you could land in a particular role. Eg lot of engineers land up in algorithimic trading . Funny part most I banks have Men has traders , very few women Guess its in line with a BBC documentary i once saw , Men are more prone to risk taking. I did a stint in Japan for a year