Where are you in the Level II curriculum at this point.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > failed last year, so in a way i’ve been through > all of it, but progress is obviously a lot faster > second time around. done everything up to > alternative investments including every EOC > problem, and even gone back and revied them a > handful of times (only real problem section for me > is emerging markets valuation, and ARCH seems > retarded to me, but not that important). > > I have very detailed notes and formulas in word > format and I don’t mind sharing (they’re based on > the stalla readings in my own words, and I’ve been > working off those and then doing EOCs with good > success). If anyone wants, post email address and > I’ll send, but there are like 45 docs or some kind > of stupid high number like that. hey can u plz mail me the notes…my id is chandni.kundra@gmail.com

This is about the right time to start preparing for the exam :slight_smile: As I am a re-taker, I hope 2,5 months is enough.

@magicskyfairy I’d like a copy of your notes, if you’re still willing to give them out. Address is moonblooded@gmail.com. As for where I am: behind, terribly so. I’ve completed ethics, economics, equities in Schweser, halfway through forwards and FRA. Registered late though, some time in Feb. Didn’t think I would be taking it this year, and really have to buck up starting right about now (which is why I’m here). Have forgotten almost all of level I since I passed that way back in 2008.

I’d like magicskyfairy’s notes too… chaanbhagat@yahoo.in Thanks

I have covered all study sessions, EOCs and examples from CFAI curiculum once. I have started my review with FSA doing all EOCs and focusing on SS6 from CFAI text again. Planning to review Equity & Ethics from CFAI and the rest (Economics, PM, AI, Derivatives, Corporate Finance, Quants, FI) from Schweser. My plan is to start practicing questions from Schweser (Qbank and Practice Tests) and CFAI (Mock and Sample Tests) by early May so as to have a full month to spot my weaknesses and work on them.

magicskyfairy please mail me your hand written notes at jai_2626@rediffmail.com…thanks a lot man for the painstaking effort

magicskyfairy could you please mail me your hand written notes at bhavesh_3h@rediffmail.com…thanks

magicsky fairy i would appreciate it if i had a copy of your notes at mak49@aub.edu.lb thanks alot man

magicskyfairy - I don’t want your notes. I am now a unique snowflake.

I’m using Schweser exclusively. I have read all the sections and done all of the Schweser practice exams. At this point I am going back through topics that I struggled with on the exams by going back through the chapters and working on the blue example box problems from those chapters. Then I re-do the end of chapter questions for that section. Once I get done with these, I’m going to start doing the CFA mocks, I’ll do last year’s first, then this year’s. I am also drilling formula sheets that I created, I’m writing more flashcards, and I’m going over old flashcards that I’ve created. I think I’m really good at equity, but I need some work on accounting. I’m doing one fo those John Harris accounting workshops in about 3 weeks, so hopefully that’ll help get me where I need to be for that section.

KSTHANE you are about 1 month ahead of me and most of the people already.

Well, I should be, I am a retaker. I only studied for about 3 months before failing in band 7 last summer though, so I wasn’t too distraught about it. This time I will feel really bad if I fail it since I started so early. I was only able to get in the mid-60’s on the Schweser practice exams, so I’m hoping the reviews that I’m doing now will help me with some of the easy points I missed to get me over that 70% hump. Whether the Schweser mocks translate to how tough the actual mocks are is a different story.

Going through my second pass now. Just finishing up Econ (going in order). Band 6 re-taker here. Retention is the key word for Level II. Also, finally mastered triangular arbitrage (even with bid-ask prices). Suck it Level II. Suck it long and suck it hard.

I just started economics and I’m going to do the curriculum. FML

Hi magicsky fairy, Can you please send you notes to me as well? desenzano2000@gmail.com Thanks.

Hey magicskyfairy, I too would be very grateful for the notes. My email is ehmoo87@gmail.com Thank you. As for status: Read the schewser notes once, almost done reading all of CFA and EOC problems once. I’m very disappointed in my lack of retention. But it should retain faster once i’m reviewing it for the 3rd or 4th time.

O M G Chad, please delete this thread. PLEASE!

yo yo, i want em notes webecomingoutofdawoodwork@gmail.com

Completed reading through all the material and creating detailed LOS answers on all the CFA material. Currently working on phase II, drilling EOC questions to 95% proficiency. Almost completed a third of that. Then off to the practice exam for the final month of prep.

i studied using CFAI exclusively and was done 2 weeks ago. ZERO retention. I have not solved any EOC yet, started with Quant but couldnt finish more than one reading worth of questions. Took a one week guilty break and now on my non-guilty one week break. so overhwhelmed, have no idea what the game plan should be. revise and solve eoc or solve first and read while solving. so overhwlemed i might quit. first timer here, any advice?