Where do you study?

Everywhere… Home, work, park, library, cafe, bus, bed, etc. etc. etc.

KrukVT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I get up 2-3 hours early and study in the morning > in my home office. When I tried studying after > work I found I couldn’t focus for more than an > hour or so. Agreed, after a long day at work you just want to relax. I’m trying to force myself to get up a bit earlier as well to study, not an easy task for me. I hate waking up.

not a morning or coffee person…study after work…library then my room usually until 12ish then wake up for work at 8…if I’m lucky an hour or 2 at work doing the Q-bank.

I spent September to December 2007 studying before and after work, all the time and on weekends. But after the first of the year I realized I needed to change it up. I do the majority of my studying between 4:00am-6:00am. I get so much more accomplished before I leave for work and I’ve found I remember more doing it this way. I still study after work but not as long. I would say I’ve been studying for about 3 hours per day lately. I want to make sure I KNOW the material. Background noise does not work for me. I need silence when I’m studying. That’s why I know I can’t study at work. :frowning:

Just made a discovery that really helped - many universities have a friends of the library group, which in return for a fee, allows non-students to access their libraries. I got tired of sitting in Barnes and Noble - loud cell phone conversations, small cafe tables, no outlet for my laptop and crowded conditions at peak periods. Now I’m in a totally quiet, better lit environment, surrounded by intense students, who are really concentrating and laptop friendly. It’s a lot less busy, very spacious and well worth the cost. It’s also a much safer environment, people leave their stuff when they get coffee or take a break. Check out your local colleges and universities. The only downside is you’re tied to the academic calendar with many schools shutting down for Spring Break and commencement right at the end of May. GL - 3 more months.