Where I wrote answers

Kept on missing the templates at first. Had to cross out and rewrite just to be safe. Learnt my lesson after a couple of those and started flipping through all the pages for a question and checking if there was a template before starting on the question.

I had 1 or 2 questions that I began writing my answer in the lined pages only to copy it over to the template… Really wish they would have put all templates starting the first page after the question. Just hoping I didn’t label, start and not finish a question in the lined section, then copy and finish it in the template only to not be graded. Think they will grade the lined items if both… but what if you completed the template fully. Ahhh sh**T.

so wait a sec - on questions where there’s parts A,B,C,D,E and there’s template only for B and D, and they give - blank page, B template, blank page, D template, blank page - if i write answers to parts A, C, and E all on the first lined page, all clearly labeled A, C, and E, rather than putting A on the first lined page, C on the lined page between the B and D templates, etc, that’s fine right?? didn’t even occur to me otherwise till just now.

dpcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so wait a sec - on questions where there’s parts > A,B,C,D,E and there’s template only for B and D, > and they give - > blank page, B template, blank page, D template, > blank page - > if i write answers to parts A, C, and E all on the > first lined page, all clearly labeled A, C, and E, > rather than putting A on the first lined page, C > on the lined page between the B and D templates, > etc, that’s fine right?? > didn’t even occur to me otherwise till just now. I don’t think it matters if everything is labeled.

To many of you, I can tell you when the CFAI says, answer won’t be marked aside from where they tell you to write, they mean it. I wrote on the wrong section on one of the question last year and when I realized I wrote the answers on the wrong section, I wrote a sentence directing to them where I put the answer. I got under 50% in that section, I was shocked when I saw it cause I thought I got above 70% as I answered it correctly looking back at the answers they posted.

You know what I’m worried about, my paper being so messy. Because we have to use a pen, I have giant sections and blobs of ink every where crossing stuff out.

I called them and was basically told im SOL. So, see some of you next year. Man… Of all the reasons.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I called them and was basically told im SOL. So, > see some of you next year. Man… Of all the > reasons. that sucks dude. sorry to hear that.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dpcfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > so wait a sec - on questions where there’s > parts > > A,B,C,D,E and there’s template only for B and > D, > > and they give - > > blank page, B template, blank page, D template, > > blank page - > > if i write answers to parts A, C, and E all on > the > > first lined page, all clearly labeled A, C, and > E, > > rather than putting A on the first lined page, > C > > on the lined page between the B and D > templates, > > etc, that’s fine right?? > > didn’t even occur to me otherwise till just > now. > > I don’t think it matters if everything is labeled. Phew, i did the same thing. From what I remember for the questions that had no templates CFAI did not signify a specific page for answering them. So I think all you have to do is make sure everything was labeled properly and answer it on one of the lined pages. This is stressing me out…

dupe

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I called them and was basically told im SOL. So, > see some of you next year. Man… Of all the > reasons. Why? Is it because the lined paper gets separated from the rest of the exam, or is just because they are that petty? I can’t believe this is happening. How can they be so unsympathetic, when for them it would be nothing more than an annoyance to grade our exams?

bucky6225 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Another thing that makes me hopeful, is there must > be a number of people who make this mistake every > year. There are thousands of people taking the > exam, so there have to be a couple every year, and > I’ve never seen a story on here about someone > failing the exam because they wrote their answer > in the wrong area. > > you conclusion is based on the assumption that either 1. every test takers read or post on this forum or 2 forum members from previous years realized that was the issue that caused them to fail. My thinking is that forum members (as a group in general) here are better prepared and hence they are more calm (as a group) during the exam than the general/average test takers and read instructions or simply more aware of rules of the exam; I am not saying you are not prepared but it’s just harder to see, in a reasonable person’s view that the limited space on the question page would be sufficient space for an average test taker to provide sufficient answer. CFAI also allow test takers to mark on the test page, so from a graders point of veiew, who knows when the writings are answers and when it was just scratches by the rest of us? I am sorry that it happened to you and I hope they can accomodate your special request but trying to see from their perspective in case they don’t grand you what you asked for. good luck.

My bet is that they *do* separate the lined sections from the rest of the exam - they’d have to, just because each question is graded by a specialized team. It’s *possible* for them to fix this, but if they did that for you they’d have to do it for everyone.

DDL24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bucky6225 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Another thing that makes me hopeful, is there > must > > be a number of people who make this mistake > every > > year. There are thousands of people taking the > > exam, so there have to be a couple every year, > and > > I’ve never seen a story on here about someone > > failing the exam because they wrote their > answer > > in the wrong area. > > > > > you conclusion is based on the assumption that > either 1. every test takers read or post on this > forum or 2 forum members from previous years > realized that was the issue that caused them to > fail. > > My thinking is that forum members (as a group in > general) here are better prepared and hence they > are more calm (as a group) during the exam than > the general/average test takers and read > instructions or simply more aware of rules of the > exam; I am not saying you are not prepared but > it’s just harder to see, in a reasonable person’s > view that the limited space on the question page > would be sufficient space for an average test > taker to provide sufficient answer. CFAI also > allow test takers to mark on the test page, so > from a graders point of veiew, who knows when the > writings are answers and when it was just > scratches by the rest of us? I am sorry that it > happened to you and I hope they can accomodate > your special request but trying to see from their > perspective in case they don’t grand you what you > asked for. good luck. This all may be true, but I don’t understand why they can’t even attempt to look at the answers and see if it is in a “gradable” form to them. Seems completely unreasonable, and like I said would be nothing more than annoyance for them.

oh man markCFAIL, that is very FAIL. but think it this way instead, maybe you would have failed anyways

bucky6225 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DDL24 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bucky6225 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > Another thing that makes me hopeful, is there > > must > > > be a number of people who make this mistake > > every > > > year. There are thousands of people taking > the > > > exam, so there have to be a couple every > year, > > and > > > I’ve never seen a story on here about someone > > > failing the exam because they wrote their > > answer > > > in the wrong area. > > > > > > > > you conclusion is based on the assumption that > > either 1. every test takers read or post on > this > > forum or 2 forum members from previous years > > realized that was the issue that caused them to > > fail. > > > > My thinking is that forum members (as a group > in > > general) here are better prepared and hence > they > > are more calm (as a group) during the exam than > > the general/average test takers and read > > instructions or simply more aware of rules of > the > > exam; I am not saying you are not prepared but > > it’s just harder to see, in a reasonable > person’s > > view that the limited space on the question > page > > would be sufficient space for an average test > > taker to provide sufficient answer. CFAI also > > allow test takers to mark on the test page, so > > from a graders point of veiew, who knows when > the > > writings are answers and when it was just > > scratches by the rest of us? I am sorry that > it > > happened to you and I hope they can accomodate > > your special request but trying to see from > their > > perspective in case they don’t grand you what > you > > asked for. good luck. > > > This all may be true, but I don’t understand why > they can’t even attempt to look at the answers and > see if it is in a “gradable” form to them. Seems > completely unreasonable, and like I said would be > nothing more than annoyance for them. it’s actually a bit more than that. think of it this way. a lot of people, if not 50% of the people will mark/make notes as they read the question, how can a grader possibly know what’s related to the real answer and whats’ related to notes that the candidate written down. such as circling key words or writing something quick to remind themselves not to forgot something. everyone writes the exam differently, some people like to draft and mark up the question sheet before transfer the real answer to the answer section. so when the CFAI marks the exam they have to assume that answers on the answer sheet is where the TRUE answers will be for each candidate will be and where they meant to put it as the answer. it’s just fair cause if they do mark the questions sheet, then are they suppose to take marks off if there’s answer that conflicts with the answer section. sorry to hear, but I made this mistake before too.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I called them and was basically told im SOL. So, > see some of you next year. Man… Of all the > reasons. Change your name to markCFAPass…

I did not use the templates a few years ago and passed. If you labeled your answers clearly, I think you are ok.

Level 8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did not use the templates a few years ago and > passed. If you labeled your answers clearly, I > think you are ok. This is different. I used the templates, but all the other questions answered on the question page, not the lined paper.

I remember reading something on “answer/writing/sketching on question papers will not be graded” or “you may sketch on the question papers”, something of similar tone at the bottom of somewhere.