Which Global City Would You Live In?

Aren’t you at least somewhat curious about the rest of the world?

Tokyo

Yeah. Particularly Oxnard, CA. At least until August 28.

Took me a minute but I got it. I feel like I can go home now.

Barcelona is lovely. I never thought to live there, though. I do love to visit.

So cowboys are the rest of your world?

^Just until February 7.

Insert Romo/Jerry Jones joke here:____________________

I had to Bing the term mansplaining to get that you were being sarcastic.

in order to be fair, you have to realize that our points of view are very different. I come from rural Texas. Still live in rural Texas. So to me, going to Washington, D.C. or NYC is an exotic location. A vacation. A thrilling adventure

To you, NYC is your backyard. It’s a daily commute. So you have to go to Moscow or Rio to get your kicks. So what I told you was true–from a certain point of view.

That’s a good point. Coming from a tiny town myself I should know better

^Another thing–to get from NYC to Europe is easy. You take the train to JFK, get on a plane, and fly a for about nine hours.

But to get to NYC, I have to first drive to the local airport, wait an hour, fly an hour to Dallas, wait another hour, and fly five hours to JFK. That’s nine hours of travel time, and now I’m only halfway there. Nine more hours to London.

So for me, traveling to “exotic” locations is a.) expensive, b.) time-consuming, and c.) only incrementally more fun than going to NYC or DC.

I own some land in West Texas, nice people and nature, but the climate is unforgiving and the constant near-border checkpoints suck. At least you get some decent acreage for your buck and roads are fantastic for speeding.

But seriously, there’s more to the world than that, take a flight from El Paso to Cancun. It’s quite worth it…

Let me explain. I do not find the concept of rape and murder funny at all. I was laughing at the fact that, because this forum is so pro-American and anti-South East Asian, that someone was bound to bring it up.

My bad. I take it back then

I don’t think anyone has anything against Myanmar or Malaysia.

Those Burmese! Always think they’re so great.

London. My wife and I visited and loved it.

I’m in the market for jobs and have been looking for something in London. We live in the US so it has been pretty difficult to find companies willing to sponsor me. That and the fact that we have 4 month old twins means our chances of ever living there are pretty much nil.

Wow, I’m an idiot. I meant South Asian.

All I hear is excuses. You can fly southwest to Austin then straight to London. You should definitely go to the Mexican beaches too. There are cheaper options too.