Which MBA program

I’ve been accepted to Hult, Boston U, and IE for the international MBA programs. BU and Hult offered small scholarships. Thoughts from anybody familiar with the international MBA world, preferably any grads from these programs?

BU if you don’t/can’t wait 1 more year (take GMAT again and apply to better schools). Hult is cr@p and don’t know how IE is reputed in US. It is decent in Spain/Europe I think.

FWIW, according to FT, IE is tied for 6th, BU is 57, Hult is 97: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-rankings

I stopped reading after I saw Ceibs ranks higher than MIT and Booth and Yale ranks higher than K. This ranking is garbage, dude.

Some of those rankings are kind of sketchy… Anyway, to the OP, I think which MBA program you choose to attend depends on where you want to work after you graduate. I would strongly suggest that you only consider IE if you plan to work in Spain/Europe. Otherwise, BU is the clear winner here.

I’m gonna say no to Hult. I’ve been in the Boston area for 20+ years and this is the first time I’ve ever heard about them.

MCalamari Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m gonna say no to Hult. I’ve been in the Boston > area for 20+ years and this is the first time I’ve > ever heard about them. ^ that’s always something to consider. I’d agree with others that BU is the most reputable of the bunch, and name brand is very important when it comes to this stuff.

Out of the Boston schools which arn’t Harvard or MIT, which would you pick? Boston U, Boston College, Babson, Bentley, Northeastern, or Brandeis?

CFA

CFA > BC > Babson > BU > Bentley > NEU > Brandeis imo for buy-side

Agreed, although I may swap BU and Babson. BU also has a Masters in Investment Management program, and I think they are linked up with CFAI for it.

I think the MSIM is pretty much useless. If you finished the MSIM and don’t have the CFA people will think your one dumb retard and if you do have the MSIM and CFA people would think you need hand holding to learn the CFA material. I reasoned the best thing to do would be to finish CFA on its own and skip any 2nd tier MBA programs.

Never thought about it like that, good point. Too bad we don’t have any schools in the area between top 5 and #20. 45+ is a little too low to spend the cash on IMO.

is CEIBS any good?

^agreed BC is the only school to consider aside from Harvard & MIT, if your looking to stay in the area then it might be OK in the long run and if employers plays for PT. . What do you do theta?

I work for an independent research provider right now, but since the Global Research Analyst Settlement ended things have been painfully slow and shaky, which has led my group to do some stuff that isn’t all that interesting to make ends meet. I’m 26 and taking L3 in June, so I am trying to decide what to do once the CFA is done (hopefully) this year. An MBA would be nice, but I am rather tethered to the area, so I guess I will just need to demolish the GMAT.

I did fine on GMAT, just tried to apply to schools that reached out to me to try to get into a school ASAP. I like the int’l MBA because I’m back in the work force in 1 year. IE seems to have a pretty good reputation in the US as well, from what I read.

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I stopped reading after I saw Ceibs ranks higher > than MIT and Booth and Yale ranks higher than K. > > This ranking is garbage, dude. For general MBA rep, I agree with you. I don’t have much color on Global/International MBAs. Do Sloan grads really do anything besides consulting, finance, and software?

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BC is the only school to consider aside from > Harvard & MIT, if your looking to stay in the area > then it might be OK in the long run and if > employers plays for PT. . Agreed. In all fairness, I think Brandeis is a pretty good school overall, just not for MBA. I’ve known quite a few people that have sold themselves short by restricting themselves to the Boston area, but not get into Harvard/MIT. On a side note, I think BU is one of the most overrated schools out there. Many of its programs seem to be money drains for international students who don’t know better aside from rankings on paper, which are inflated in my opinion.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do Sloan grads really do anything besides > consulting, finance, and software? http://mitsloan.mit.edu/pdf/fullreport07_08.pdf Page 3 separates graduating Sloan students by industry. Banking/finance and consulting are by far the most popular fields. However, many of them also pursue careers in retail, manufacturing, government, non-profit and other sectors.