Which UpperMark suite to buy

Hey guys, wanted some advice on which products or packages from UpperMark to purchase for the CAIA Level 1 exam for Sept 2019. I’m debating between the regular Suite vs. Premium Suite, with the difference being the latter has the “Final Review Package.” Has anyone found this to be especially helpful to have?

Of course, if anyone thinks the Platinum or Diamond suites are really worth it, please let me know, too. I just wasn’t sure if this was overkill.

Appreciate the help.

Hello ad1988,

I bought the regular suite and found it very useful for level 1 and level 2 (im waiting for my exam result). I can tell you that for CAIA Exam Uppermark is fantastic, I also used Schwaser but found uppermark notes and questions more similar to the real exam. Schweser on the other hand is fantastic for CFA though.

1 Like

Hi there,

what was your thoughts on the CAIA material? Is it better to use a prep provider?

1 Like

The CAIA Material es key, being these exams so massive, there is always some part that prep providers cant include and that is where CAIA material comes handy. I centered my study in Uppermark and used the CAIA material in particular parts.

1 Like

Anyone know how long the Uppermark course books are for level 2? A lot shorter than simply reading the caia material?

1 Like

Hey Ibazer

I am gonna attempt Level 2 in September…again. This time i think i’ll use Uppermark. I’m looking at the options available. What does the part on the webinar series entail? Is it any good? What do they show in those? Or should I go a step further and get the diamond suite for the courses and lecture notes?

Any info would be great man. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Suffiano!

I really didn’t use the webinar series. What I did was studying from CAIA Book and using the Test Bank from Uppermark. I had tried the test bank from schweser the first time I took (and failed) level 2 and found the type of questions, essays and full exams from Uppermark to be much more similar to the real one. I a big fan of schweser but in my opionion it needs improvements regarding CAIA (for CFA its fantastic though).

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I would like to know which UpperMark Suites to buy to get the caia level 1 the first time?

Platinum Suite, Suite Suite, Diamond Suite, Suite?

With the preparation of the Kaplan mocks exams will that sufficient ?

Thank you

1 Like

Hey

I got myself the Diamond Suite and it’s working well for me.

1 Like

I did level 1 in March and got the Uppermark QBank and Flash Cards only. I had the Wiley books, but the vast majority of my studying was on that QBank after skimming the Wiley books. The Flash Cards were excellent for carrying around on my commute, in the gym at lunchtime during the week, laying on the couch watching sports. I have Kaplan as my work is paying for it now, and it seems good as well, although my level 1 materials were cheap.

Cheers

1 Like

this is my game plan as well for L1 in Sept. I am reading through the CAIA material then just hitting the Uppermark QBANK. What was your ave score before exam day if I may ask? as I am currently sitting around the 50% mark which is not good.

1 Like

You are doing just fine at this point. Honestly don’t worry too much about it - use scores more to recognise your weak areas rather than give you an indication if you will pass or not. I don’t think people who post on a forum that they are getting 80+ all pass… Based on the weak areas I identified, I created about 10 pages of notes on stuff I was getting wrong - if I knew the content I didn’t include it. I was doing 100 question exams (weighted appropriately) on Uppermark and didn’t get over 70 ever. Also, my first cut at the official mock was 65. I was stressing about it that’s for sure, but in the end I passed, so I guess I did something right.

Cheers

1 Like

how was it??

1 Like

All good!

1 Like

How many questions are there in the qbank (scheweser) for level 2?

i asked the seller, even he does not know.

1 Like

No there is not.

It only takes 5 seconds to open the pdf file to look the number of questions and close the file. there are 36 topics + 10 CIT + ethics.

eg I just counted there are 1066 questions in the uppermank package I bought from another seller.

It would take you less than 5 minutes to count for each level for each provider you’re selling.

You are trying to make a living by selling counteifeit and violating copyright laws, you did not write those questions and still trying to make $$$ of the products. At least spend 5 minutes count how many questions you are selling. It’s your responsibility as a seller.

It’s like you going to the store trying to buy a bag of cocaine, and the dealer wouldn’t tell you because they are too lazy to weigh them. Wouldn’t you be frustrated?

Got damn it it took me more time to write this post than it is to count the no. of questions.

1 Like

brother i am from india , i going take this exam on loan , i cant afford uppermarks , i will be more than thank full to you if you can help me to have can access this upper marks ,my email id punitmadaan@gmail.com i only need question bank brother

1 Like

thank you so much brother , i received it , i wll be thank full to you for this forever , may god bless you with lots of sucess

1 Like

I don’t know this guy selling copyrighted things is still not banned, go free advertising on analystforum for a whole week now.

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m about to start this process and regarding the studying material, I was thinking on purchasing the CAIA Core book - as I also think is important to have this as a base/backup material - plus the Suite UM (basic). To this regard, would you suggest (as Ibazer) to start and base my study using the UM study handbook and only the core book as support or the other way around? (In order to optimize study time and considering I will have 200-250 hours in total, obviously if I had all the time in the world I would go for the core book). That is, would you say is sufficient to base my study on the UM handbook or is recommended to make an effort and perhaps put some extra hours and use the core book? As eddyble stated on his ‘no nonsense guide’ apparently you don’t need such a deep knowledge, so just wanted your advice on whether the summaries would allow me to reach this level. Last thing, regarding the CAIA core book, is the 3rd edition the latest one? is there a 4rth coming? should I wait? Thanks in advance, any tip or advice is much appreciated!

1 Like