Who else is starting to study today??

So I know it’s super early and that this is crazy but I’m starting to study today… This will be my second time taking L3 and hopefully the last! Who else is with me? What’s your plan? Here is my plan: I’m going to read the CFAI volumes and do all practice questions - should be done by Xmas right? Then I’ll take 2 weeks off (family visiting) and will hit Schweser with Lectures, practice questions and study notes! How does that sound?

…crickets…

yup totally,

hell no! you’re crazy. if you have the mental stamina for that, congrats, but I won’t be starting until late fall.

crack coccaine

I’m actually thinking of reading CFAI books in September while work is slow. I work long hours in spring so gotta use extra time now.

Thats OK Iwona as long as you have the stamina to do that (as what browndt said) and consistency all throughout until June of next year. Mine, I’m planning to start this sept but I can’t find the motivation to do that. So I guess, october is a best month for me to start.

Iwona - I want to encourage your pro-active inclinations to start early - from my own study campaign, I took this time last year once I got the books to create index cards while reading the CFAI volumes - a card for each key equation / process; doing all CFAI back of chapter questions and an old practice exam before Christmas; used a dry erase board to rehearse equations/manuevers every morning for 30 min or an hour before work … by year’s end I was in good shape for review season w Stalla and Schweser (took both). I definitely recommend early study - even if the pace is modest; too many people wait until review season to get to know the material - even the straightforward material can be tested in devious and/or subtle ways, I hope all you who can start the prep now will do so - the earlier the start with diligent, purposeful study and practice, the more one can learn the minutiae that often gets tested. My reward for my preparations is a big fat L3 PASS and today’s email awarding me the charter - I share this so that you can drive your studies now and not let days go unused without some CFA effort. All the best to everyone’s success in passing next year! wzupdok, CFA

I actually started yesterday, read though a bit of Heuristic Bias reading This is a lean time for me work wise, and I know that come March i’ll be working till late hours. So starting early… For now i intend to read through the CFAI texts, slow and steady and take notes, along with EOC’s. I’ll plan further, once I am done with this part.

wzupdok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Iwona - I want to encourage your pro-active > inclinations to start early - from my own study > campaign, I took this time last year once I got > the books to create index cards while reading the > CFAI volumes - a card for each key equation / > process; doing all CFAI back of chapter questions > and an old practice exam before Christmas; used a > dry erase board to rehearse equations/manuevers > every morning for 30 min or an hour before work > … by year’s end I was in good shape for review > season w Stalla and Schweser (took both). I > definitely recommend early study - even if the > pace is modest; too many people wait until review > season to get to know the material - even the > straightforward material can be tested in devious > and/or subtle ways, I hope all you who can start > the prep now will do so - the earlier the start > with diligent, purposeful study and practice, the > more one can learn the minutiae that often gets > tested. My reward for my preparations is a > big fat L3 PASS and today’s email awarding me the > charter - I share this so that you can drive your > studies now and not let days go unused without > some CFA effort. > > All the best to everyone’s success in passing next > year! > wzupdok, CFA that really a hardwork. congrats wzupdok! =)

Yes… That’s a good piece of advise. Start asap.

Yup - I started yesterday as well, but light reading of Behavioural concepts. Will read lightly till the remainder of the year.

I started very softly yesterday and plan on continuing that pace for a few months. Many of the readings look very interesting, and the L III stuff appears to be much more relevant to what I do at work than L I and II material. In any case, I did the December to June turnaround, and while it did end up working out, it was an incredibly intense 4 months (9 months when you count L I prep) and something I don’t want to go through again. Probably won’t really step it up until after the holidays though.

I will start mid-to-late Janurary…

started reading CFA material yesterday…with a mix of dread and determination. my plan is similar to many above. basically want to read through CFA without making myself too miserable until mid December. then in January, start going hardcore with Schweser books and possibly taking a weekly review class. failed L3 this year - 9th band - and I can’t imagine having that feeling again next year that I had on 8/18.

Do you think the review class will be helpful…especially when doing 2nd time?

Light review to january on my weak areas ( fixed income and port mgmt) schweser starting in Jan, all of may for practice questions

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I will start mid-to-late Janurary… Probably, me too around that time or Feb.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > artvandalay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I will start mid-to-late Janurary… > > Probably, me too around that time or Feb. Early January for me. The thought of starting now makes me nauseous.

Bills: Not sure…if I am effective at preparing early on (as opposed to just talking the talk,) then it might be overkill, but I think it can only help. I think I have plenty of time before I need to register at a discounted rate…actually, classes in my area (NYC) haven’t even been announced or scheduled yet, so I’m going to play it by ear.