Who has not started studying yet?

…Besides me off course? Anybody else finding it extremely difficult to get into the swing of studying? Or is it just me?

Haven’t started yet, but not because I’m finding it difficult to, I just don’t think it benefits me to do so. My plan since the time I found out I passed Level I was to enjoy life as much as possible until the holidays and then study 10-12 hours a week from January 1st until the test. So far, so good.

me too… registered long back… got CFAI books since sept… keep on thinking that I will start tomorrow… that tomorrow has n’t arrived yet… let’s hope… also vascillating between ordering schwesser or not…

Not started yet … and not planning to start until after Christmas. probably the end of Jan. I dragged Lvl 1 revision out for too long. By the time of the exam I was truly sick of it. I felt that the work I did in Dec / Jan for the Jun '07 exam was usless. I plan on spending more time on questions this time around and less time pouring over schweser text. The theme of my study will be, read Schweser - get the jist and then cement the concepts using questions for the start. Rather than read and re read the text until a month beofre the exam and then answer questions I am planning on using Schweser - with CFA texts for reference.

Got both Schweser and CFAI material long back … but not started yet. I am not worried that I didn’t start yet but I know that I have to really put in a lot of hours in Feb and March to have a shot at it.

Hmmm… I wrote the level I exam on Dec 1st, ordered Schweser Level II on Dec 3rd, and am now 50 pages away from finishing book 1. Granted, half of that first book is review of ethics and linear regression. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but I feel like I don’t have much time to study for Level II at all… especially with the skiing season upon us.

For LI last year I started at the begining of Feb, and when late April rolled around I started to review everything, it seemed like I didn’t remember anything that I had studied early on. If I started studying or had started earlier for LII, there is no way I would remember any of it. My plan is to still start at the begining of February but finish up going through the material earlier so I will have more time to review/take exams/work on weak areas starting in mid April. Life will stink from Feb to the exam date, but isn’t that the life of a CFA candidate? Also, I plan on relying primarily on Schweser and using to CFAI texts for answering questions and strengthening weak areas. I think Feb-May is enough. Good luck.

haven’t even thought about it yet.

Turkish, Are you doing L3 or L2? For some reason I thought you were doing L3!!! Another question to pose on you guys…what to use STALLA or SCHEWSER? I doubt I will have enough time to go through all the CFAI material and still use 3rd party study notes…I wanted to start with CFAI back in OCT and then move to a 3rd party notes in january but looks like that idea was being too optimistic and unrealistic.

Haven’t registered; haven’t gotten my Schweser yet. I’d imagine that 90%+ of others taking LII are in the same boat; this forum is full of the over-achievers who (through no fault of their own) make the rest of us look bad. I’m planning on starting early January, same plan I’ve had since LI results came out on July 30th.

I would be doing level III, but it wasn’t in the cards last June.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haven’t registered; haven’t gotten my Schweser > yet. > > I’d imagine that 90%+ of others taking LII are in > the same boat; this forum is full of the > over-achievers who (through no fault of their own) > make the rest of us look bad. > > I’m planning on starting early January, same plan > I’ve had since LI results came out on July 30th. Yeah, there’s alot of guys and gals here who are gonna raise the bar. ie.started Aug/Sep and can already recite Treynor-Black and a whole lotta other stuff word for word by now. Haven’t started myself—but its great to use this forum as a measure of how my preparation is going compared to everyone else.

> Yeah, there’s alot of guys and gals here who are > gonna raise the bar. ie.started Aug/Sep and can > already recite Treynor-Black and a whole lotta > other stuff word for word by now. Many people talk about Treynor Black. Personally, I really doubt it’s useful to spend to much time remembering everything about it… According to the LOS, we are not supposed to know that much…

Reread the ethics a couple of nights ago. Just reviewing some LI concepts right now but only will do so sporadically for a couple weeks. I am using the Schweser notes like I did for LI (didn’t crack the texts) and hopefully I can get away with that again. I also am taking a Stalla course one night a week beginning on Jan 23rd so that is when LII starts for me. I’ll post some notes on the forum if I find any signficant differences in the Stalla vs. Schweser material. I’m fortunate that my employer pays for all of this.

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Yeah, there’s alot of guys and gals here who > are > > gonna raise the bar. ie.started Aug/Sep and can > > already recite Treynor-Black and a whole lotta > > other stuff word for word by now. > > Many people talk about Treynor Black. Personally, > I really doubt it’s useful to spend to much time > remembering everything about it… According to > the LOS, we are not supposed to know that much… I am guessing you did not write the exam last year…Treynor Black was single-handedly the cause of many failures, including myself. It was the very first time I had ever failed anything so I hate that model passionately. But doubt they will have it on the exam two years in a row (at least not heavily concentrated on it like last year).

i havent even registered yet, financial difficulties have precluded me from doing it since im not at work because Im taking care of my dad. that will change in january when me and my dad will be back at work and ill take up studying in earnest. i dont know about you guys but im at my happiest when i have to wrok and do CFA, i guess im just a glutton for punishment, of course i also only work 40 hours a week.

SeanC, you could start with Ethics and those chapters that have been moved off the Level I curriculum and into Level II (quite a few I believe).

i will start studying probably February 1st. depends on my GMAT studying now.

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bacaladitos Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Yeah, there’s alot of guys and gals here who > > are > > > gonna raise the bar. ie.started Aug/Sep and > can > > > already recite Treynor-Black and a whole > lotta > > > other stuff word for word by now. > > > > Many people talk about Treynor Black. > Personally, > > I really doubt it’s useful to spend to much > time > > remembering everything about it… According to > > the LOS, we are not supposed to know that > much… > > > I am guessing you did not write the exam last > year…Treynor Black was single-handedly the > cause of many failures, including myself. It was > the very first time I had ever failed anything so > I hate that model passionately. But doubt they > will have it on the exam two years in a row (at > least not heavily concentrated on it like last > year). the exactly the reason why it could be on this years paper. i think i failed due to this and i want to know it just in case. tbh, i have had the materials for ages but have not had the time to start. i think this is more the case, the dead-line is in june and was not pressing. everyone dont give yourself such a hard time. start in january and the should be enough time ?

Just cracked open the book (barely) more like created a study program outline. Starting this weekend (most likely after X-mas). Started for LI in Feb. last year so I figure start a month earlier. No point in having the CFA consume your life.