Who has not started studying yet?

not even close to starting

Just got my Schweser and CFAI materials. I’m almost done with QM, and have started on Ethics. I’m leaving FSA until later, cuz I truly hate that material. By end of January I hope to have QM, ECON, and FSA done.

Crikey everyone on AF is keen on studying. i’m gonna read schweser for 15 minutes on the train most days for 4-5 months, then take a week off before the exam to cram.

and of course,No one from India as well:( we are yet to register for L-2

I finished Session 1. 17 more to go.

i am sacraficing my first friday. just finished 3rd session. I should not count the first two since i will prob need to re-read ethx and it’s really the same shit different cow. Quant is horrid.

Hey N.Van…relax and enjoy the season. You too Turk. Last year was my second attempt at L2 and I didn’t open a book till Jan 2. You both did ALOT better than I did on my first attempt. You’ll be fine this year if you just stick with it after the New Year until June. Merry Christmas and cya around in the New Year.

I haven’t started, and I don’t plan to for a few weeks. Starting this early is just insane. 6 months ought to be more than enough (depending on how many hours a week you study of course)

Failed level II last June. Started studying again last Monday. Still trying to get the cobwebs out. Started with quant and will do ethics last. By the way Time Series sucks. Hope to have CFAI material done by early to mid April and then read Schweser secret sauce before review questions. Anyone else feel the same about time series??? Anyone have luck using secret sauce or is it not worth it?

i will start studying on Jan 23rd…lol

Hi BB, hope your having good holidays. Good to see you drop by L2!! I opened the book, and then closed it after 5 mins. Will start around Jan.

Has not started yet too … I will start begining of next year!!

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …Besides me off course? > > Anybody else finding it extremely difficult to get > into the swing of studying? Or is it just me? ME

I am through ethics and the first part of quant. I hope to have time series and econ done by Jan 2. Anyone know anything about the weightings- if they have changed this year? Last year’s Level II this would be 20% of the material. But quant seems beefier this year…

rowaytonite, here’s the link to the weightings…quant L2 indicates 5-10% http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html

I have gone through fixed income and half of asset valuation / equity. I must say I am a bit worried about my motivation. I know last year I was already through a couple of books by this point. I have just about zero desire to head to the library after work, and last year I got up every day at 5:00 a.m. to study for an hour before work. The thought of doing that now makes my head hurt. I hope I get it together real quick. Maybe it is the holidays, maybe it is because I feel I have a head start (failed in 2007 - close but no cigar), or maybe I need a vacation. Either way, my energy level for the CFA program is low, low, low.

I have started doing some readings, but the CFAI textbooks are very boring. Can’t wait to do some serious studying in Feb and March with schweser books.

I can’t bring myself to open the texts, ordered schweser with the logic that further investment might lead me to get started. I was wrong.

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have gone through fixed income and half of asset > valuation / equity. > > I must say I am a bit worried about my motivation. Geez, you’ve already gone through all that and you’re worried about your motivation!? I’d say you’re in great shape - don’t beat yourself up! I just started reviewing ethics but I question if I should just skip it and move on to quant and econ. I took level I in June but I remember most of this stuff. I read pretty much all of the curriculum for I and used Schweser, and their review course to fill in and stay on schedule. THE CURRICULUM IS NOT THAT BAD PEOPLE! If you set a schedule and get through it, it’s very manageable. If you just sit there looking at how big the books are, you’re gonna freak out. Plus, you do pick up enough odds and ends from the curriculum that you don’t get from Schweser that may make the difference come exam day. Finally, if you don’t love this material, you’re gonna have a hard time no matter what. I love this stuff so I’m excited about it. If you’re not excited about it, what are your real motivations for doing this? Even for us finance professionals, as much as you want to delude yourselves, money won’t buy you happiness… Good luck to all and I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you!

Skip ethics and save it for last. You want that part fresh and it requires you to be accustomed to the way of asking questions rather than knowing it cold because you will already know most of it from L1. Go for the other stuff, there’s a lot out there!