who has tried this year for 3x3

I know there are many ppl who claim to have tried to go for 3x3 on CFA but they are all BS… I am talking of real 3x3 tht is Dec 2006 , June 2007, June 2008 wht most ppl talk and boast about is June 2006 June 2007 June 2008 I knw at the end of the day its the charter which matters but still wanted to know how many of ppl out here have tried it?

That’s BS. If you take each test and pass it the first time, that’s 3 for 3. And 3 for 3 doesn’t make any difference anyway.

Apparently I started too early to qualify, since I took L1 in June 2006. I’m one of those 3-for-3 “fakers.” Not at all sure I’ll pass this year anyway, but still have my fingers crossed.

This is stupid. Don’t you anything more significant to measure your (and others) worth?

i managed 3 x 2.5 by finishing the exam with time to spare…

Level 1 I was 1 for 3 Level 2 I was 1 for 2 Level 3 I’m hoping the trend continues.

equity_research_nds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know there are many ppl who claim to have tried > to go for 3x3 on CFA but they are all BS… > > I am talking of real 3x3 > > tht is Dec 2006 , June 2007, June 2008 > > wht most ppl talk and boast about is June 2006 > June 2007 June 2008 > > I knw at the end of the day its the charter which > matters but still wanted to know how many of ppl > out here have tried it? I’m in the same boat. level 1 in Dec 06, Level 2 in June 07 and did level 3 in June 08. Not very confident of passing though.

I am 9.5x6.

how to show it on the resume without violation?

It’s a sizable group, I think. I’ll let you know how it went in about 10 days. The toughest part of trying for 3/3 in 18 months is that you only have six weeks off between the Level I test and starting the study process for Level II. You get your passing score and you have to go right to work.

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s a sizable group, I think. I’ll let you know > how it went in about 10 days. > > The toughest part of trying for 3/3 in 18 months > is that you only have six weeks off between the > Level I test and starting the study process for > Level II. You get your passing score and you have > to go right to work. I was so coonfident that I passed level 1 that I ordered the Level 2 books from Schweser a few weeks before the results came out. My confidence was justified. I got over 70% in all areas. IMO, level 1 is a walk in the park. Level 2 and 3 are entirely different stories.

Hi, I’m equity research nads, and i’m a total prig. 3 for 3, all in June, b****.

equity_research_nds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know there are many ppl who claim to have tried > to go for 3x3 on CFA but they are all BS… > > I am talking of real 3x3 > > tht is Dec 2006 , June 2007, June 2008 > > wht most ppl talk and boast about is June 2006 > June 2007 June 2008 > > I knw at the end of the day its the charter which > matters but still wanted to know how many of ppl > out here have tried it? You’re pathetic. You want recognition because you HAVE NOT FAILED any test ? What it this? Bizzaro world ? Usually people ask for recognition for doing something amazing, not “NOT FAILING” a simple test. Grow up man. Get a job …

The real value of finishing all the 3 levels is the benefits you are able to get out of it. If you are stuck in the BO after passing all the three levels then it doesnt matter whether you pass 3X3 or pass all 3 levels on the same day. I am not surprised that equity nds started this thread, he is from India where passing exams is seen as be all and end all of everything.

real 3X3 was discussed before, which is BS, but apparently he likes attention…sounds more like a clown

Dude … you’re a clown …

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude … you’re a clown … =================== cool…if u think so…then have a nice laugh!!! k

Aww, poor little equity research nads got his feelings hurt

If someone wrote on their resume that they completed CFA 3 x 3 they would lose pretty big points with me for a) being a jerk. who needs someone around who tries to imply something about themselves because they earned something faster than someone else. I spent 6 years in Chapel Hill on my graduate degree and my buddy Don spent 3. He probably is smarter, but he spent 3 and I spent 6 because I had waaaay more fun along the way. b) Celebrating too much. If an interviewer asks “did you go 3 - 3?” (and you did) you shrug and say “yeah” as if no big deal. Much more impressive than listing it on a resume.

Next year ethic question!!! If an interviewer asks “did you go 3 - 3?” (and you did) you shrug and say “yeah” as if no big deal. Any violation for interviewer/interviewee? a) yes/yes b) yes/no c) no/yes d) no/no wait, we are going to have 3 choices next year …