who has tried this year for 3x3

i am exicted to never read another post on this forum after august 19th. i wish i could go back in time and talk myself out of this experience. i will be a 3 for 3 faker in 9 days.

i failed Level 1 :slight_smile: so if i will be lucky i will be 3 for 4 :slight_smile:

Loser thread! FYI, I have to break it to ya that CFA exams on a scale of 1-10 are prolly a 5. There are far tougher exams in other professions. So going 3 for 3 to get the CFA charter is prolly a big achievement for some people here but in the bigger scheme of things is not all that special.

I don’t know about that - I’ve either taken or taught for a ton of them. Actuarial exams might be harder but you get a lot more help in studying for those. CPA exams similar. Bar exams, medical boards easier. Ph.D. qualifiers are the hardest exams I know about, but your whole life is arranged around passing those. 3-3 is an achievemnet to be privately proud of, not boast about.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know about that - I’ve either taken or > taught for a ton of them. Actuarial exams might > be harder but you get a lot more help in studying > for those. CPA exams similar. Bar exams, medical > boards easier. Ph.D. qualifiers are the hardest > exams I know about, but your whole life is > arranged around passing those. 3-3 is an > achievemnet to be privately proud of, not boast > about. My friend told me about Ph.D interview qualifier in Stanfard (for Ph.D in math). He shattered my dreams of becoming a mathematician

You dreamed of being a mathematician? Sheesh.

Changed the sheets, went back to sleep…

why would 3x3 have to be confined to an 18 months all-in completion. as JDV said, if you take each level once and pass, then that’s pretty damn good… well done. but just trying to start up another elitist thread is pretty sad. Taking Level 2, six months after Level 1, with Level 1 still fresh in your mind seems easier to me. why is anyone getting a bigger boner becoz of this???

wilier Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why would 3x3 have to be confined to an 18 months > all-in completion. as JDV said, if you take each > level once and pass, then that’s pretty damn > good… well done. but just trying to start up > another elitist thread is pretty sad. > > Taking Level 2, six months after Level 1, with > Level 1 still fresh in your mind seems easier to > me. why is anyone getting a bigger boner becoz of > this??? I dont know, i dont get boner at all… i must be reading this thread wrong…

Like still hanging 6:00? Not even 6:30?

“How do you measure yourself against other test takers?” “By height”

Level 1 in Dec. 06 Level 2 in June 07 Level 3 in June 08 (I hope I pass!)

if you’re so bent on quote real 3x3 unquote, then go ahead and put it on your CV.

does going 3x3 makes you a better analyst… i dont think soo

however it surely would raise your self esteem… it is in any case a great achievement specially for young people who have a jumpstart with something like this. for people like me it doesnt really matter(i just want to pass and get on with my life, although this may be a wish ful thinking) P.S. iam not a 3X3 candidate(already tasted the flunk fruit)

JarJarBinks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > however it surely would raise your self esteem… > it is in any case a great achievement specially > for young people who have a jumpstart with > something like this. > > for people like me it doesnt really matter(i just > want to pass and get on with my life, although > this may be a wish ful thinking) > > P.S. iam not a 3X3 candidate(already tasted the > flunk fruit) JarJar … are you frm mumbai by any chance? i am too awaiting my L3 results…though joined the AF party very very late :frowning:

delhi. based outside the country. oh and btw its never too late…enjoy the party and keep rocking!

Dec 06, June 07, June 08 for me. I’ve passed the bar exam. This is tougher.

>>does going 3x3 makes you a better analyst… i dont think soo Could actually be a contra-indicator, like all the guys who get 90%+ on their Series 7 and flame out of the industry within 5 yrs while the 70%ers make MD. I’m likely a 3x3 guy (June 06/07/08), but I’m not sure I’d admit to it in an interview, even if asked…they might think you misallocated too much time too studying and shirked on work.

I didn’t find that the self esteem issue was that important… not having to spend anymore months of my life studying was the most important thing!!! JarJarBinks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > however it surely would raise your self esteem… > it is in any case a great achievement specially > for young people who have a jumpstart with > something like this. > > for people like me it doesnt really matter(i just > want to pass and get on with my life, although > this may be a wish ful thinking) > > P.S. iam not a 3X3 candidate(already tasted the > flunk fruit)