who has tried this year for 3x3

edit

i think knowing the material comprehensively (getting perfect 70%+ sections on all levels) is much more impressive, even if done over longer period.

Absolutely. I know a guy at my company who is a 3X3 guy, but it was well known that he crammed most of the material in the last month and needed divine intervention to pass. I asked him last year for some of his insights on what was especially tough or easy in Level 3 and he responded, “Um, Level 3. That’s the one with the portfolio management stuff, isn’t it?”

Mr. Tambourine Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Absolutely. I know a guy at my company who is a > 3X3 guy, but it was well known that he crammed > most of the material in the last month and needed > divine intervention to pass. I asked him last > year for some of his insights on what was > especially tough or easy in Level 3 and he > responded, “Um, Level 3. That’s the one with the > portfolio management stuff, isn’t it?” ============================================== i think he is either bluffing L3 in one month , he is a competition to bleron

He studied for months but admittedly did a slipshod job. I said “crammed most of the material in the last month,” meaning he went into overdrive just to have a prayer.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know about that - I’ve either taken or > taught for a ton of them. Actuarial exams might > be harder but you get a lot more help in studying > for those. CPA exams similar. Bar exams, medical > boards easier. Ph.D. qualifiers are the hardest > exams I know about, but your whole life is > arranged around passing those. 3-3 is an > achievemnet to be privately proud of, not boast > about. How about putting dates that you passed on your resume to show educational progression. I currently have my Oct 06 degree, Dec 06 pass L1 and Jun 07 pass L2. No mention of first time etc. But is that tacky?

> > > How about putting dates that you passed on your > resume to show educational progression. I > currently have my Oct 06 degree, Dec 06 pass L1 > and Jun 07 pass L2. No mention of first time etc. > But is that tacky? Yeah dude, that is a bit much. Maybe it’s something to discuss in the interview it you want

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > How about putting dates that you passed on > your > > resume to show educational progression. I > > currently have my Oct 06 degree, Dec 06 pass L1 > > and Jun 07 pass L2. No mention of first time > etc. > > But is that tacky? > > Yeah dude, that is a bit much. Maybe it’s > something to discuss in the interview it you want OK. That’s cool. I will touch that up for my big game hunt in September.

if anyone has a problem with you saying that you passed in ‘2006, 2007, 2008’ or something akin, screw them - you don’t want to work for insecure managers anyway. i think there’s a classy way to get the info across without sounding like a show off/vain person. strike the balance, and you’ll attract the hiring managers who value you.

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if anyone has a problem with you saying that you > passed in ‘2006, 2007, 2008’ or something akin, > screw them - you don’t want to work for insecure > managers anyway. I agree with this in principle, but really, you want to get the job are applying for, so it’s probably better to leave it off. I can see how it could help to say 3/3 in 18, but more likely it would hurt you. For example, if I passed L3 this year, I will set a company record for the fastest progress through the CFA program. My co-workers are definitely jealous / insecure about it because I don’t even have a finance degree and most of them failed several times with BBAs and MBAs. Office politics will work against me if I pass :confused:

bromion, its one of the better realitycheck msgs i have read. hope u pass

Whoever started this post is a jacka$$

Whoever started this post has no kids, no life, and is sufficiently underemployed to have enough time to go 3/3 18. Disclaimer: This candidate fulfills 2.5 / 3 characterstics above and is also sufficiently insecure to try to work his potential 3/3 18 into a job interview.

I am insecure so i always pee in the stall

Personally, two of my direct bosses went 3/3, so if I don’t pass 3/3 they’ll definitely think less of me. Spin it any way you want, but 3/3 definitely “appears” more impressive than 3/4 or 3/5.

i am 3 for 3 for L3!

The only reason I care about 3/3 is that I don’t want to have to do this again. I am not planning to use this to suggest superior performance or guarantee the ability to deliver above-market returns.

DirtyZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Personally, two of my direct bosses went 3/3, so > if I don’t pass 3/3 they’ll definitely think less > of me. Spin it any way you want, but 3/3 > definitely “appears” more impressive than 3/4 or > 3/5. Yeah, but depending on when they did it, it might not be the same. This year’s exam was a killer. Last’s year’s exam was a killer.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DirtyZ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Personally, two of my direct bosses went 3/3, > so > > if I don’t pass 3/3 they’ll definitely think > less > > of me. Spin it any way you want, but 3/3 > > definitely “appears” more impressive than 3/4 > or > > 3/5. > > Yeah, but depending on when they did it, it might > not be the same. This year’s exam was a killer. > Last’s year’s exam was a killer. That’s what I find ludicrous. It is strictly forbidden according to the Code and Standards to say that the CFA examination has become more challenging with the years.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is strictly forbidden according to the Code and Standards to > say that the CFA examination has become more > challenging with the years. Doesn’t mean it isn’t true.