who has tried this year for 3x3

This year exam was a joke. It was such a big joke that on a brake i laughed and cried in the bathroom for 5 minutes that i was able to finish morning section 30 mins earlier

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > DirtyZ Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Personally, two of my direct bosses went 3/3, > > so > > > if I don’t pass 3/3 they’ll definitely think > > less > > > of me. Spin it any way you want, but 3/3 > > > definitely “appears” more impressive than 3/4 > > or > > > 3/5. > > > > Yeah, but depending on when they did it, it > might > > not be the same. This year’s exam was a killer. > > > Last’s year’s exam was a killer. > > > That’s what I find ludicrous. It is strictly > forbidden according to the Code and Standards to > say that the CFA examination has become more > challenging with the years. Since when did that happen? Anyway, I get to say it because I took my exams awhile ago. I think they should start a PCP investigation on me for saying that an exam with a 50% pass rate is harder than one with a 75% pass rate despite much better study materials, more organized classes, a better defined curriculum, etc…

The code does not prohibit you from making statements of fact, such that the percentage of test takers that pass L3 is declining. It also does not prohibit you from making statements of opinion, like “I think this means the test is harder.”. You aren’t supposed to conflate fact and opinion. The only opinion that you are not allowed to communicate is that being a charterholder makes you a better investor, although it would be permissable to publish factual performance data on charterholder vs non-charterholder managers, as long as you don’t come to a particular conclusion.

and with that, bchadwick scores a pass on the ethics section this year :slight_smile:

Good to know that hasn’t changed. I don’t spend a lot of time keeping up on CFAI Standards book.

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and with that, bchadwick scores a pass on the > ethics section this year > > :slight_smile: Wouldn’t that be nice! Unfortunately, my wife - if I had one - would be in line for limited offer IPOs. I think that is not an ethics violation, but I also think it is permissible to exclude her from them, which means -1 for me on ethics. :frowning:

aldo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “How do you measure yourself against other test > takers?” > > “By height” too funny Mr. Webb :slight_smile:

In the grand scheme of things and on your death bed, will your relatives say to you…it’s OK…you’ve led a full life, and more important to being happy and being surrounded by your friends and family during that life, you went 3 for 3 on the CFA examinations? Best wishes to all on the Tues result but if it isn’t a pass, take a deep breath and be proud to be a L3 candidate and have another shot at it next year. I was thinking about the exam result as the guy who has to be 45 took my golf clubs from me to clean them at my home course…its all relative my friends

What’s probability of going 3/3 on the CFA? I’m trying to impress upon some monkeys I work with that this is not that easy to do.

well to end this thread , done with the CFA program 3x3 ( 21 months) all the best to others who are trying for the same

3/3 - June 06, 07, 08. I’m goal oriented, and I set the goal of going 3/3. So yes, I take a little pride in it. And to answer someone’s question, I have many other ways to take pride in myself. 3/3 was just one small thing in the jar.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > And to answer someone’s question, I have many > other ways to take pride in myself. 3/3 was just > one small thing in the jar. yeah. the superbowl was pretty sweet too. nice work on that. i mean, 3/3 and a superbowl. how can you not have a giant freaking ego, right?

Usain bolt won three gold olympic medals as well…

Phelps…

Yeah, I have done it!! The real 3x3: Dec 06, Jun 07 and Jun 08 This encourages everyone to do Level 1 in Dec, not Jun if they want to achieve real 3x3.

This thread is similar to the argument of whether somebody is a better driver who passes his/her test the first time. Good driving comes with experience. IMHO, a bit waste of time. I will hesitate to interview anybody who put 3x3 on the CV.

why is it important?

Don’t u need to pay more for taking Dec 06? I figured when you got the grade from level 1 the first deadline for level 2 registration already passed? diuleelomei Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, I have done it!! The real 3x3: Dec 06, Jun > 07 and Jun 08 > This encourages everyone to do Level 1 in Dec, not > Jun if they want to achieve real 3x3.