Who here is doing the MBA & CFA combo?

I work full-time, I am in a part-time MBA program, passed level I in June, and signed up for Level II. My wife is probably about ready to kill me.

I’m doing an MBA full-time. Its actually a specific CFA/MBA program combination, where the first two years you do classes for each CFA topic, with some MBA classes, and the third year, mostly MBA classes. It’s a niche thing, and more focused on Finance, so its an MBA in Investment Management…its also a CFA Partner, so I guess its not bad. I find it actually excellent, as you really get drilled on the CFA curriculum, and have 9 months preparation with midterms and finals, etc

i will do an mba and CFA because i am too dumb to become a surgeon

tito26 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m doing an MBA full-time. Its actually a > specific CFA/MBA program combination, where the > first two years you do classes for each CFA topic, > with some MBA classes, and the third year, mostly > MBA classes. It’s a niche thing, and more focused > on Finance, so its an MBA in Investment > Management…its also a CFA Partner, so I guess its > not bad. I find it actually excellent, as you > really get drilled on the CFA curriculum, and have > 9 months preparation with midterms and finals, etc BU?

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You know what is a great town, Lincoln, > Nebraska…beauty. Been to detroit, baltimore, philly, south bronx, etc. and the worst ghetto I’ve been to was in DC.

the worst ghetto on earth is no match for a stadium full of rabid cornhusker fans. speaking of rabies. i’m thinking of starting an annual 5k race to support the cause. what do you say?

Back on the forum after 2 months! I too am applying to MBA this year. 2006: GMAT is the hardest test I ever studied! 2007 (Jan): CFA is 10x harder than the GMAT! 2007 (Sept): I’d rather take the CFA than writing essays Life just ain’t easy, is it.

well what did u get on the GMAT, i studied for L1 and i thought it was hard, now i am aiming for 750 on GMAT and CR is hard for me.

I aimed for 800 and barely broke 700. They’re 2 really different tests though- the GMAT tests aptitude and the CFA tests discipline.

The GMAT stuff can be learned if you have discipline. I only have discipline for the CFA though.

gz2nyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Back on the forum after 2 months! > > I too am applying to MBA this year. > > 2006: GMAT is the hardest test I ever studied! > 2007 (Jan): CFA is 10x harder than the GMAT! > 2007 (Sept): I’d rather take the CFA than writing > essays > > Life just ain’t easy, is it. Think about me and you will feel better. In 2003, I had to write GRE which is much tougher than GMAT as it has a complicated word list in vocab section. I also had to take TOEFL coz i was from a ‘foreign’ land, even though English is the medium of instruction from where I am and is also the 1st language… during my MS i had to write 6 sections of ELPE (English language proficiency examination) which is required by any candidate who wishes to become a Teaching Instructor/ Assistant. in 2006 i wrote GMAT, in 2007 i wrote CFA level I and now i am writing these essays…next yr il write level II also…i fine though…i just bite people who stand too close to me :wink: all this with a full time gf…! but luckily i cleared all exams with percentiles of 97 or higher…GMAT was 98…so thats a consolation atleast…

Are you from India?

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you from India? yes sire, (u planning to report me 2 interpol or smthing?) :wink: where you from?

me_here Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Are you from India? > > > yes sire, (u planning to report me 2 interpol or > smthing?) :wink: > > where you from? America! fu*k yeah!!

Danteshek Wrote: > > America! fu*k yeah!! ::clapping:: cheers

full time gf? is that what its called these days?

gz2nyc, how long had you been studying for GMAT? I am taking GMAT in 2 month or so. I took GRE several years ago. I am from asia and as i remember I worked my butts off at that time. GRE is the toughest exam I’ve had in my life so far.

Hey AFJunkie, You doing your MBA at University of Calgary?

Rong19: I started in January, took a Princeton Review course that ended in April, then self-studied for 1.5 month. I used OG7 for practice and gmatclub forum for support.

“full time gf? is that what its called these days?” full-time gf’s are becoming a rarity, clarification is necessary.