Who was sitting next to you

You were probably behind me. NYC Hilton, section FF. wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont know the dude to the left of me but the > dude in front of me kep moving his butt to the > side of the chair to squeeze out farts

The guy beside me hadn’t read the equity book

My neighbor in New York (Hilton) was the same person who sat next to me for L1 in Javitts last June. Not sure if this is a coincidence, or if they arrange us by ID#?

I was surprised how many girls there were taking the exam. I had one next to me that smiled at me and said hello, after which a proctor said “when your seating your in exam mode so no talking.” She finished the PM in about 1.5 hrs and then left.

I sat with the same girl from L1 though there is nothing common in our names. The guy who sat in front of me submitted the answer sheet when the proctor was announcing about the last 30 min. They didn’t allow him to leave the room and he sat there for another 45 minutes.

The one who sat beside of me started reading CFAI books three weeks before the exam. He only practiced questions in CFAI book after finishing reading chapters. He said accounting was more difficult for him. However, derivatives were easier given he was doing them as part of his job.

I sat next to the same kid who sat next to me last year in LV I

Bradleyz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was surprised how many girls there were taking > the exam. I had one next to me that smiled at me > and said hello, after which a proctor said “when > your seating your in exam mode so no talking.” > She finished the PM in about 1.5 hrs and then > left. I was the ONLY white girl at my testing center. I peeked in the Level 3 room next to mine and saw zero females. I felt a little self-conscious as we waiting to check in for the PM session and everyone was just standing around looking at one another.

My observations (took in NYC Javitts Center) : 1) out of the subway, on my way to the Center, i saw candidates reading the schweser concepts&formula while walking. horrifying. dude, where have you been for the last 6 months ? 2) arriving at the Center, i saw all these candidates reading notes and schweser formulas 30 mins before the exam start time. horrifying. dude, where have you been for the last 6 months ? 3) inside (on the III section upstairs), 95% guys, a few girls. I saw candidates whith 12 pencils, plus 5 extra ones with a pencil sharpener. Add to that 3 calculators.

When I took level 1 there was probably only about 5% girls and only a few of those were white. Most were indian or asian. This year I’d say there were about 15% girls at the testing center and about 90% were white. I don’t blame you for feeling a little self conscious as the only female. If I were taking a test where I was the only guy I’d feel a little funny too. steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bradleyz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I was surprised how many girls there were > taking > > the exam. I had one next to me that smiled at > me > > and said hello, after which a proctor said > “when > > your seating your in exam mode so no talking.” > > She finished the PM in about 1.5 hrs and then > > left. > > I was the ONLY white girl at my testing center. I > peeked in the Level 3 room next to mine and saw > zero females. I felt a little self-conscious as > we waiting to check in for the PM session and > everyone was just standing around looking at one > another.

matmutte Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My observations (took in NYC Javitts Center) : > 1) out of the subway, on my way to the Center, i > saw candidates reading the schweser > concepts&formula while walking. horrifying. dude, > where have you been for the last 6 months ? > 2) arriving at the Center, i saw all these > candidates reading notes and schweser formulas 30 > mins before the exam start time. horrifying. dude, > where have you been for the last 6 months ? > 3) inside (on the III section upstairs), 95% guys, > a few girls. I saw candidates whith 12 pencils, > plus 5 extra ones with a pencil sharpener. Add to > that 3 calculators. Also the invigilators were an extended indian family… young, old, grandpas, grandmas, uncles… all there

matmutte Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My observations (took in NYC Javitts Center) : > 1) out of the subway, on my way to the Center, i > saw candidates reading the schweser > concepts&formula while walking. horrifying. dude, > where have you been for the last 6 months ? > 2) arriving at the Center, i saw all these > candidates reading notes and schweser formulas 30 > mins before the exam start time. horrifying. dude, > where have you been for the last 6 months ? > 3) inside (on the III section upstairs), 95% guys, > a few girls. I saw candidates whith 12 pencils, > plus 5 extra ones with a pencil sharpener. Add to > that 3 calculators. Absolutely agreed with #1 and #2. The only thing studying right before the exam (and during lunch) does is raise your stress level. Given how tricky the questions are, you absolutely need to go in with a relaxed, clear mind. Trying to cram formulas into your head on exam day can only hurt you. Plus it almost disrespects the 6 months of hard work you’ve done.

it really was a sausagefest. i contemplated wearing something incredibly tight and possibly leather to try to throw off the guys around me, but i refrained and keep it comfy in jeans. i’m sure if skillionaire were behind me at the test, he really would’ve gotten the 100%. oh well. close enough.

floater Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > matmutte Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My observations (took in NYC Javitts Center) : > > 1) out of the subway, on my way to the Center, > i > > saw candidates reading the schweser > > concepts&formula while walking. horrifying. > dude, > > where have you been for the last 6 months ? > > 2) arriving at the Center, i saw all these > > candidates reading notes and schweser formulas > 30 > > mins before the exam start time. horrifying. > dude, > > where have you been for the last 6 months ? > > 3) inside (on the III section upstairs), 95% > guys, > > a few girls. I saw candidates whith 12 pencils, > > plus 5 extra ones with a pencil sharpener. Add > to > > that 3 calculators. > > > Also the invigilators were an extended indian > family… young, old, grandpas, grandmas, > uncles… all there Family get-together and at the same time you make 10$/hr

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it really was a sausagefest. i contemplated > wearing something incredibly tight and possibly > leather to try to throw off the guys around me, > but i refrained and keep it comfy in jeans. i’m > sure if skillionaire were behind me at the test, > he really would’ve gotten the 100%. oh well. > close enough. bannis - what do you expect? Isn’t finance industry itself a sausagefest?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bannisja Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > it really was a sausagefest. i contemplated > > wearing something incredibly tight and possibly > > leather to try to throw off the guys around me, > > but i refrained and keep it comfy in jeans. > i’m > > sure if skillionaire were behind me at the > test, > > he really would’ve gotten the 100%. oh well. > > close enough. I had three lovely ladies in my section. However, I wass taking the exam in South Beach. Also, for the record I am married and was not paying attention. I heard this from my friend… > > > bannis - what do you expect? Isn’t finance > industry itself a sausagefest?

back to AF for the first time since d-day and not too happy about the 6+ pages of posts i may sift through. we had some pretty-young-things at chicago, thankful for that :wink: the person sitting next to me seemed slightly older and serious. she prolly will pass.

Anybody in Dallas - Market hall was freaking cold towards last 1 hour of the test - had to pee 2 times - wasted 10 minutes. I had to go to and tell the proctor to increase the temp… he told me go f…ck yourself. The restrooms were crammed - spent 10 minutes before each session waiting in line. Apart from that, the guy sitting on my left was there with me for L1 and guy on right was a cool dude. One cutie with pink glasses was sitting diagonally across in the front- nice rounded.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > An IT Indian person from Infosys. I can’t get enough of this…:slight_smile:

MrGrey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had three lovely ladies in my section. However, > I wass taking the exam in South Beach. This is great. I can’t imagine trying to pass L2 surrounded by “lovely ladies of South Beach”.