Who was sitting next to you

leveltwo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know about anyone else, but the person > sitting next to me made me feel much better about > my chances. He openly admitted he hadn’t read the > books and had simply attended a review class. > (seriously?) The guy sitting next to a friend of > mine asked what the H-Model was. (once again, > seriously?) > > Any one else have similar experiences? yes the guy next to me said he’s a portfolio manager and had no idea how to calculate the fixed income futures price (yes, the one we were debating so much about)… unfortunately i have no clue either.

In L1, in Chicago, I had the whole table to myself - exam was a breeze. In L2, I sat next to some dewd in Toronto from Pakistan who started discussing how he hasnt found a job in 9 months and is going to be a Mortgage Broker and how his wife who was high maintainence in Pakistan had to do all the work etc etc etc and is bitching etc. He took the Schweser class and said he was sick for the last 15 days bla bla bla and hadnt studied… Seemed like a nice guy but I didnt need ALL that information before the exam started…if you are here on the forum Mister…I apologize for putting this out but it is what it is… Cheers.

Nobody. I had the end seat of the table with nobody next to me.

I took the test in Amsterdam. As usual I was surrounded by boys. In my whole section there were only 3 girls including me. Level 1 had more female candidates. But level 3 had even less. I think it was 50/50 asian and white girls. I am asian myself. Male was 90% white en 10% asian.

i took it in Dallas, both times (Lvl 1 and lvl 2) the guy who sat next to me came to the test late because they were studying till 5 am in the morning… lol!

For those who had the same person next to you as L1 (like me), I discussed it with the guy next to me. It has nothing to do with last name. Its that you signed up for L1 right after each other, and have a candidate number either next to each other, or close

The guy next to me walked out after 1hr 1/2 in the morning session. He was making some “frustration” sounds throughout so I thought he just gave up. But he came back for the afternoon session and did the same exact thing. Maybe he aced it. Good for him if he did. But 1hr 1/2? That’s crazy to me.

Took the exam at Meadowlands, NJ. Crowded like Hell. Restrooms were always and fully occupied. And there was no one sitting beside me! Whoever it was assigned to, didnt show up.

Was sitting in Amsterdam. A different examination hall from last December but this one was worse. A few toilets for a lot more people. I saw in front of the same guy as I did last December. Sat next to a girl that was actually an accountant. Forgot to ask why she was doing CFA. She might actually have advantage due to all the boring FSA material!

Some dude with no calculator… he turned up to both sessions though :slight_smile:

nice guy next to me, he was out of town (we sat in Paris) and told me he had just become a father like 4 days before… lol

I sat next to a guy changing careers from Software Engineering to Finance. He was really funny (or maybe he just seemed really funny due to my caffine/adrenalin buzz). He though he must be a fundamentaly unethical person because he just could not get any Ethics questions correct in his studies Also, he had been laid off a few months ago, and last week got a call back from his only interview…they asked him to start Tuesday, and he said he was so excited to get a job offer that he accepted without knowing how much (of if) the position pays. I noticed that not a lot of people in my section chatted much before or after the timed periods of the test.

allépourpêcher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some dude with no calculator… he turned up to > both sessions though :slight_smile: Wow.

I feel sorry for the guy sitting next to me in london Excel. for the PM session, i dunno why but i was constantly sneezing and my nose was constantly running. Had to go to toilet 2 times to stock up on tissues

Seat next to me was empty, as was the seat in front of me. One attractive blonde who was in my section for Dec08 Lev I was again a few rows up (Charlotte, NC). Guy diagonally in front of me got a sweet severance package in December and has been off since then. Overall, 80/20 male/female and 60/40 white/non-white (Indian, mostly). The section that I assume was L3 was 90/10 white male/other. Very few people left the L2 section early. When I took L1, the guy next to me finished the AM in 45 minutes and the PM in 60 minutes. That was a bit intimidating. I was late to the AM session this time around (got there at 845 after having to go home to get my admission ticket/calculator that I had forgotten.) Lesson learned, bring everything with you and get there at least 20 minutes early (but definitely not 60 min). And don’t stay up to 2am cramming in the last sections of PM that I hadn’t yet gotten to. My pencil broke ten minutes into the PM session. Lesson learned, bring at least 2 in the future. Third lesson learned (but already known), don’t wait until 7 days before exam to pick up book. Thankfully, I’m a CPA, so FSA/CF is pretty much a breeze. Quant, PM, and some parts of FI/Der are not so much. The Quant section in the AM killed me. Heck, the entire AM section killed me. But, wish I could understand quant better. Have always struggled with stats, just feel that CFAI/Schweser/Allen/everything else I have read don’t explain it well or use good examples.

It’s odd to hear there were so few women in the upper levels. Maybe the lower levels are an opportunity for some of them to go for their MRS? I hear that involves a lot less studying.

i sat next to jlive in MIA at FIU, the other guy to my right was a d!#k, not too many woman at my center…cute proctor though

I sat next to this butch who kept flipping her stupid paper back and forth, almost went ballistic

i had the two guys i took L1 with in June 09 next to me…weird that the 3 of us all passed.

i was sitting next to my mother,… i convinced them to have her seated right next to me for extra emotional support