Who will take August 19 off?

I plan to take it as a vacation day. Either way, I will drink…but I sure hope it’s a PASS!!

I will work as normal.

It might start as a vacation day and end up being a sick day.

Johhny Walker - Keep walking ! …no plans to take the day off. Pass or Fail - Johhny Walker will help me that day :wink:

i better not be around any bridges/subway platforms, or sharp objects

2010_CFA, I’m a Johnny Walker fan too, especially gold. But rather drink at home, it cost me $20 a shot last time I did. But if I pass, I won’t mind paying for that price (just for the day). Hope all of us has a pleasant day on August 19!

I take both 18 and 19 off. I failed last year and it was a painful experience to continue working during the day.

I"m off to Vegas for a week on the 20th. I don’t think I’ll be checking my score right before my trip. There’s no point because if I check, I’ll either have a good vacation or a bad vacation depending on pass/fail. But if I don’t check, I’ll just have a good vacation…

I am not going to lie. i do not look at the result the day it comes out. i will 2 or 3 days after because I servey ppl here first, look the pass rate. I can tell how close I can be depend how you react and what %tage of ppl pass.

Taking morning off. If I pass I’ll prob go straight to work in a joyous mood and start drinking quickly. Otherwise I’ll slouch in later…

>I am not going to lie. i do not look at the result the day it comes out. i will 2 or 3 days >after because I servey ppl here first, look the pass rate. I can tell how close I can be >depend how you react and what %tage of ppl pass. This is one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard. It’s like those people who play blackjack and squeeze and bend and prod their cards before leaning under the table to sneak a peek at them when it doesn’t have one ounce of influence on whether you end up with a good hand or not. The hand does not change no matter how long it takes you to look at it.

I’ll be above pacific ocean on August 19. On the way back home from business trip. Can only check the results on August 20…

ymmt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I"m off to Vegas for a week on the 20th. I don’t > think I’ll be checking my score right before my > trip. There’s no point because if I check, I’ll > either have a good vacation or a bad vacation > depending on pass/fail. But if I don’t check, I’ll > just have a good vacation… lol… I am going to Vegas this week too!!! I am contemplating checking before I go as well…

farley013 You exactly why! This is what I want ( In french, we call that Jofe). BTW! I am black and I know you do not like black ppl to much. Do you?

That reminds me of a Russell Peters joke where he calls it “African-American jack” so he doesn’t offend the blackjack dealer. !Xobile!

farley, you are talking about poker, in BJ you get cards face up

True, but I was thinking about Resorts in Atlantic City where they still deal your cards face down and allow you to touch them. Tibwa’s lack of common sense reminds me of those players at the $5 tables who take forever to look at their cards because they think their hand will improve the longer they wait. Good thing the CFA doesn’t test for common sense.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > True, but I was thinking about Resorts in Atlantic > City where they still deal your cards face down > and allow you to touch them. Tibwa’s lack of > common sense reminds me of those players at the $5 > tables who take forever to look at their cards > because they think their hand will improve the > longer they wait. Good thing the CFA doesn’t test > for common sens Whats the point? So you wouldnt count? That is stupid

No, it’s to make the customer feel like they have control of the cards. Purely a hand-holding gimmick. Sort of like Tibwa’s silly decision to wait 2-3 days to check his score, gives you a false sense of security even though your fate’s already been decided when the cards were shuffled.

I wait for other people to get their results sometimes not because I think it will change my score, but because I like having a frame for comparison prior to checking my own score. If all my friends failed a test, then it makes me feel better before I check my score because I already know that: 1. There are already people on the bottom of the curve, increasing my own chances of being on top, and; 2. If I fail too, at least I’m not the only one. And if all my friends aced a test, then I just tell them to suck it, which also makes me feel good. But I’m waaayy too anxious to get my CFA results to wait. I’m probably going to wake up 3 hours early on the morning of the 19th and clicking “refresh” every 5 seconds to try to squeeze into their site long enough to see my score. BTW, I never got my score the day it came out last year because I could not log onto their stupid site. I just saw the “register for level 3” link and convinced myself that I had passed. It wasn’t until the next day that I was completely sure that I did pass.