Why Are There So Many Jerks In Fianance

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > justin88 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > spierce Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > […] > > > > We have a winner. > > > Ding, Ding. spierce is classic. Anger HOF > material. spoke too soon please see kevinf12’s response

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The best thing you can do to someone not treating > you with respect, is go to their car when you have > a little bit of a turtle head poking out. Take a > good thick cloth/napkin and get a gob of it and > put it on the under-side of their car door handle. Haha holy cow you guys are sick.

I love the class warfare going on here. Bunch of geeks pissed at being the b!tches of FO. You know why you’re BO? Because you are b!tches. Grow a spine, do your f’ing work, and maybe, someday, you’ll get somewhere.

…unless the ‘get somewhere’ where you want to get is BO, then you are already there.

Its ok. Comp Sci Engineers can be rich too. Start another google. And also, BO ppl can laugh at FO ppl who over work and then die early. It’s all about being happy ppl.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …unless the ‘get somewhere’ where you want to > get is BO, then you are already there. But then they couldn’t bitch.

I think IT blocked your post cause it posted a bunch of --> @#$%& where I think a word should be.

I work in an FO role. I just don’t s**t on people who do not.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I work in an FO role. I just don’t s**t on people > who do not. Did I say that anybody should sh!t on BMO? Nowhere did I say that. I merely said that everybody should do their fvcking job and not bitch when they are asked to do it. There are just as many jerks in IT as in finance. However, IT in finance is a support role, thus, they have to deal with being asked to do their job.

There are admittedly a lot of jerks in finance. However…[tangent time]…I have to say that most of the “back office” people are idiots (at my current bank and my prior financial services company). I seriously waste a large portion of my day correcting their mistakes when I should spend 0% of my time doing this. So if you work in the back office and are sick of being treated like an idiot by “jerks”, stop being an idiot, and people’s attitudes towards you will likely improve. Find out how to stand out. Learn how to go over and above your menial responsibilities and quickly you will earn the respect of those in the front office. Life is a “relative” game; you only need to be better than those around you to excel. So if you’re surrounded by idiots use this as an opportunity to stand out…it shouldn’t be hard. I mentally note the few people from the support staff that aren’t complete morons and many other people at higher levels do as well. These people have the chance to move up! So for the younger folk out there who got “stuck” in the B.O., work hard to stand out and you’ll quickly leave that world behind.

Yes but if you get noticed that is counterproductive if your goal is to not get noticed. Example: I’m surrounded by idiots and it makes it easy to stand out, but I need to monitor that so I don’t stand out too much. Standing out too much means you get boosted up, getting boosted up means you can fall down. Knowing you can fall create tension and stress. Tension and stress creates problems. The problems are prevented by never taking action and going unnoticed.

Also - to add, the even better approach to what I suggested is to put a little olive oil (or other kind) in the mix so it stays wet. That really gets it all over their hand/s. And this isnt to say this is on FO or BO, only to anyone where the level of respect isnt where it should be.

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also - to add, the even better approach to what I > suggested is to put a little olive oil (or other > kind) in the mix so it stays wet. That really > gets it all over their hand/s. > > And this isnt to say this is on FO or BO, only to > anyone where the level of respect isnt where it > should be. lol you sound like you’ve actually done it…

Most of the IT and BO folks with whom I work do a really good job, with a couple of exceptions. I guess I’m fortunate. I also think that maintaining good relationships with folks who support you can help a lot.

95% of BO/MO people are great. They help me, I’m respectful, thankful, give kudos etc. For those who think they work in “Business Prevention and Delay”, my goal in life is to get you fired.

Caaaaaaaaaa–stanza

1morelevel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 95% of BO/MO people are great. They help me, I’m > respectful, thankful, give kudos etc. > > For those who think they work in “Business > Prevention and Delay”, my goal in life is to get > you fired. Yes. In general, if you are helpful to people, they will be nice to you. Thus, as I said earlier, if everyone is being a jerk to you, it’s probably because you are useless.

Working for a firm without IT support is a nightmire. The real waste is HR. Everyone who can read can do their job.