Why do you want CFA?

I’m debating whether I should register CFA program, Can anyone tell me Why do you want to have CFA? how much value can “CFA” add to your career and personal growth? Thanks and Good Luck to everyone!

Are you Korean by any chance?

why do you think Im Korean? :slight_smile:

Your grammar gives it away.

the CFAI website explains all the benefits of the charter – you are better off looking there, dude. but since you asked, I am going to get my charter in order to become a better, more astute investor. I pick stocks everyday, that is how I eat. With the charter, I gain more credibility and build my network.

wshi68 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how much value can > “CFA” add to your career and personal growth? About 2". She’ll love it.

I’m just doing it for the chicks, not gonna lie.

Career change for me

A blog about studying for the CFA lol? That’s got to be the nerdiest thing I’ve ever seen.

floor_filler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m just doing it for the chicks, not gonna lie. You are very honest, but I wonder whether guys will like it ? :slight_smile:

jlive1975 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Career change for me I actually read your blog almost everyday. thanks! keep posting!

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Your grammar gives it away. Yes you are right, I’m not native speaker :slight_smile:

wshi68, u must be working very hard then , good luck … u too farley in teaching wshi korlish

floor_filler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A blog about studying for the CFA lol? That’s got > to be the nerdiest thing I’ve ever seen. LOL at this clown… the only ignorant response i’ve received yet… not surprising since per your own admission you’re doing it only for the chicks… that has to be the lamest thing ive ever seen…

I’ve worked with three Korean analysts and all of them have the same specific grammar problems for some odd reason. They often omit the words “a” and “the” in sentences (see original post above), and tend to unnecessarily pluralize specific words like math (“maths”) and stuff (“stuffs”). I gave up correcting them a long time ago, it seems to be ingrained in the Korean-to-English translation.

lol farley, I’m Korean and I know what grammar-related issues you’re talking about. Hey if you have any opportunities for a U.S.-born individual with immaculate grammar then give me a ring.

Is there any linguistical basis for those issues or just a coincidence that all three (all 4 of you count wshi68) make the same mistakes?

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol farley, I’m Korean and I know what > grammar-related issues you’re talking about. Hey > if you have any opportunities for a U.S.-born > individual with immaculate grammar then give me a > ring. Farley, thank you for correcting my English, I hope you would keep correcting me, I will work harder to improve my English. I’m sure I will have more questions about CFA in the future. hopefully you can help me too . thanks :slight_smile:

“I’m sure I will have more questions about (THE) CFA (EXAM) in the future.” Try not to commit an ethics violation on top of a grammatical error.

wshi68 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > topher Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > lol farley, I’m Korean and I know what > > grammar-related issues you’re talking about. > Hey > > if you have any opportunities for a U.S.-born > > individual with immaculate grammar then give me > a > > ring. > > > Farley, thank you for correcting my English, I > hope you would keep correcting me, I will work > harder to improve my English. I’m sure I will have > more questions about CFA in the future. hopefully > you can help me too . thanks :slight_smile: Merci, Merci! you are my grammar teacher now!! :slight_smile: