Why do you want CFA?

Anyone who is putting 250-300 hours of their lives aside for a test by definition is nerdy… I’m going it at 33 with 2 kids… Most of you are doing it in your 20’s…

1.) I’m hoping to break into security analyst role. 2.) Regardless if it’s security analysis, I’m hoping being a charterholder helps me break into finance roles where I get paid to think and make decisions as opposed to just cranking out reports for people who think and make decisions. This could be banking, client relations, consulting etc. — anything is better than corporate finance (unless it’s corporate development for a powerhouse firm). 3.) It’s become a personal challenge. Me versus my own resolve to get it done, no matter how long it takes.

Gouman I like the way u think same reasons here

i just finished mba and did not do corp finance b/c i rather do security analysis. same here, i am holding out till i get what i want and using the charter as leverage. nowadays, everybody has the charter. In 5 years, it will be a MUST. corp fin could get boring after 2 years – it is not like Wall sT, where every day is different

To keep my brain active … to remember HOW to study in case I decide to waste money on an MBA … Even though thousands of people do the CFA it still has a significant amount of reputation attached to it … being in the sell-side, its a key to the buy-side. And of course, I thoroughly enjoy finance :slight_smile:

Hi friends, How good do you think would be for an internal auditor who is a CIA, working for an investment company to go for CFA. I would appreciate your thoughts whatsoever.

My only suggestion is not to bring your gun into the exam site.

hey no encouraging the farley didnt u guys receive the memo??? Sheesh…no we will have to retrain him not to bite Picks up chair Back Farley down bad farley DOWN!!!

minibiju Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi friends, > > How good do you think would be for an internal > auditor who is a CIA, working for an investment > company to go for CFA. I would appreciate your > thoughts whatsoever. Base on your background, you might want to get both the CPA and the CFA. if you have time and energy :slight_smile:

I just think MBA is too expensive, and I’m interested in the concept of Investment - money makes money!

mba classes are about investments, assuming you major in fin and acctg…bottom line – get CFA for knowledge, get MBA for network.