Why is the market down today?

I don’t know. Maybe one of our resident clowns can enlighten us.

lol

hahahaha.

i wonder how many ppl on here are really just nerds…

Ugh, this has already been discussed in the CAIA General Discussion. Use the search function.

…because i sold some stock

isn’t unemployement at 10%?

matt…you add any new positions lately? haven’t spoken to you in awhile, don’t see you on google messenger. come on sometime to talk.

I am buying today. Thanks for the dip.

what you buying marcus?

hookers

I think a good website would be some sort of consensus site where people gave feedback as to why a certain sector / major stocks / industry / currency was either up or down. The website would attempt to aggregate this information and then give a breakout of closest estimates as to why the market was up or down. Obviously, I am making this much simpler than it would really be, but I think something like that would be cool if done correctly.

From various fiancials sites: Forbs - “President’s reform proposal weighs on financials;” CNN Money - “Stocks slipped for a third session Friday, on worries that the White House’s bank plan” Blomberg - “Stocks, Commodities Fall on Obama, China; Emerging Markets Drop” WSJ - “Bank stocks extended Thursday’s losses, as market watchers continued to worry over President Barack Obama’s proposal to limit the size of financial institutions and the risks they will be allowed to take” What’s the common theme in these news?

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From various fiancials sites: > > Forbs - “President’s reform proposal weighs on > financials;” > > CNN Money - “Stocks slipped for a third session > Friday, on worries that the White House’s bank > plan” > > Blomberg - “Stocks, Commodities Fall on Obama, > China; Emerging Markets Drop” > > WSJ - “Bank stocks extended Thursday’s losses, as > market watchers continued to worry over President > Barack Obama’s proposal to limit the size of > financial institutions and the risks they will be > allowed to take” > > What’s the common theme in these news? Yeah FT is saying the same thing : “Obama hammers the banks” “Trading ban Strict curbs aim to limit risk taking Big banks tumble Sharp falls for top financial groups Volcker’s reform Former Fed chief drives overhaul” The global banking industry was thrown into turmoil yesterday after president Barack Obama, responding to public rage over the financial crisis, proposed the most far-reaching overhaul of Wall Street since the 1930s.

To be honest I’m glad he’s going after the useless fat cats. It’s time that the American people face the truth. Printing paper money and selling houses to each other can only take this country so far.

mo34, it seems like you have interesting alternate opinions on many things. People on AF are clearly inclined to support measures that benefit the financial sector, since we work in it. Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > matt…you add any new positions lately? > > haven’t spoken to you in awhile, don’t see you on > google messenger. > > come on sometime to talk. yeah. sold some dogs. risked up today. small cap resource stuff.

Buying some financial stocks. Added son BAC.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34, it seems like you have interesting alternate > opinions on many things. People on AF are clearly > inclined to support measures that benefit the > financial sector, since we work in it. Out of > curiosity, what do you do for a living? I work for a HF in LA and I hate myself for doing it. I feel totally useless and wish I could find something more meaningful to do with my life other than developing strategies to make rich people richer.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mo34, it seems like you have interesting > alternate > > opinions on many things. People on AF are > clearly > > inclined to support measures that benefit the > > financial sector, since we work in it. Out of > > curiosity, what do you do for a living? > > > I work for a HF in LA and I hate myself for doing > it. I feel totally useless and wish I could find > something more meaningful to do with my life other > than developing strategies to make rich people > richer. Be careful posting this…your company might read your post and fire you. Move to DC and work for some Non-profit, NGO.