Why is this site so slow?

Didn’t used to be like this, but I’m sure everyone’s noticed it the last few weeks. It feels like the day exam results are released.

I’ve been noticing that also. It wasn’t like this last year around this time if I remember correctly. Chad needs to up the server juice for AF.

What are you guys talking about? It must be on your end.

Just kidding. The site has been running like a dog for about 2 months now at least…

Must be a Greek web server.

Chad, if you read this, I’d happily donate if you made a “donate” button. I think most people here see the value and at least a few are similarly altruistic.

I’d happily donate some $$$ for additional server capacity. As much as I use this site I cannot afford to be waiting 10-15 minutes for pages to load. If it’s bad now just wait until June 4th.

Chad has 8 sponsors now, I’m sure he’s making money off this site so don’t say we can donate more $

I’d gladly pay a few dollars to freshen the site and have picture-posting ability.

packattack4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chad has 8 sponsors now, I’m sure he’s making > money off this site so don’t say we can donate > more $ Pack attack - I’m not lashing out at you here, but trying to understand: 1) How do you know anything at all about the profitability of this site? Bandwidth costs money, and we have no idea what the click-through and payout rate of the page-top ads are. I’ve worked in e-commerce, and I know margins can be high, but having eyeballs on a webpage with an ad is not the same as a profitable webpage. 2) What do you mean “Don’t say we can donate more money”? First off, we haven’t donated anything to begin with, so we certainly can’t donate more. Secondly, the whole idea of a donation is that it isn’t required. I didn’t volunteer YOU for anything. I am saying that I’d certainly put money towards the site, and that I’d bet a few other people would too. From replies to my post, it seems a few other people do feel the same way. Anyhow, I don’t care whether AF is profitable or breaks even or bleeds red ink. I’d still like to support the site. As Asset_management mentioned, if the site is rolling in dough, Chad could always spend the additional money on improvements. And if the site isn’t profitable, well then I’m happy to try and move the needle in that direction. I’ve certainly gotten a lot of help from here.

I’m working with the data center to speed things up. Sorry for the inconvenience and wait times. Regards, Chad

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m working with the data center to speed things > up. Sorry for the inconvenience and wait times. > > Regards, > Chad Can we donate? I feel like I owe AF something. BTW I <3 you.

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m working with the data center to speed things > up. Sorry for the inconvenience and wait times. > > Regards, > Chad Alright I don’t see deadline in here, how long will it take?

seems like the speed has improved in last 10 minutes. Thanks