Window or Aisle?

My just found out I’m going to be riding aisle for the entirety of a trip from NYC to Jakarta because my brother “thought aisle was better.”. I’m running on 44 hours of no sleep already (was planning on sleeping on the plane). But have never been able to sleep in an aisle. Aisle Cons: too exposed constantly getting jostled people inside stepping over you nothing to lean against no view empirical evidence suggests I’m right as in this efficient market there are no window seats left but a ton of aisle and of course middle. Agree / disagree?

Oh, and my connecting flight from Pittsburgh to NYC is sitting on a runway in freaking Allentown right now after circling a foggy NYC for about an hour.

I’m tall (nearly 25 cheeseburgers tall, according to an earlier thread), and people always seem to assume that, because I’m tall, I’d want an aisle seat, “so you can stretch your legs out.” The problem, of course, is the moment I actually do stretch my legs out, someone runs over my feet with the cart, or trips over them on the way to the bathroom, etc. So, yeah, I always like the window. I can’t always stretch my feet, but at least I can lean my head against the wall and try to sleep. Of course, there are the times when you are in the back, and the wall is actually about 12 inches away from the side of the seat, so that you need to be a giraffe to do that. If there is anything that puts an end to globalization, I’ll bet it’s the impracticalities of air travel.

I don’t know, most people I’ve talked to seem to like the aisle seat better - I’m with you though, I like the window (something to lean against argument). I don’t mind asking people to let me up and if I want room on a long flight I’ll just stand. Mis dos centavos.

Aisle all the way. The cart bumping into you thing isn’t a problem if you fly a good airline like JetBlue or Virgin America.

If I have checked baggage, I prefer the window. If I’m only with carryon luggage, prefer the aisle.

This is Ski2much reporting from seat 7d on delta flt 1803, service to Charlotte. Currently flying in a A319 at about 35000ft My seat is an aisle. i prefer them to the inside for a few reasons. A) I dont need to wait for slow/fat/old people to get their crap together and get moving. B) there is the illusion of more room being next to an aisle vs the window. C) I put my briefcase above me for takeoff and then get it down midflight to get my computer out and waste time during my flight. This is superior to under the seat storage because i like my legroom. I have never been one to need to use the aisle for legroom but i can see how that would be nice for some people. Here is what you do if you want a new seat. If your a Skymiles/Admiral club member(or whatever your club is called) go to your lounge and get them to move your seat. If not get to your gate as soon as possible and request to be moved up or over. There is always seats reserved and you just need to ask or they will give these away to others who do ask. Most commonly these are bulkhead seating and the first few rows of window & aisle seats in coach. but it depends on your carrier. I never sit farther back then 5 rows in coach and i ask every time.

Are you flying an American airline or an Asian airline? I prefer window for very long flights but I find if I sit in the aisle seat then I tend to get up and about a bit more. I had a recent overnight flight home (home is 23 hours in the air, not including transit points, from where I work) to attend a wedding on the same day I arrived. I had finally gotten into a deep sleep a few hours into ‘lights out’ and the guy sitting on the window decided to wake me up to visit the bathroom so I was pretty unhappy. Obviously if you’ve gotta go then you’ve gotta go but it would have been thoughtful to sort it out when the lights were still on… Aisle seats are fine during the day, especially on Asian airlines who provide you with a couple of hundred movies to watch.

I almost always prefer window. In cattle on an overnight I want to be able to sleep and not wake up everytime someone wants to pee. I am also usually flying with people in Asia that I do not want to be physically close to if possible. So the window allows me to get as far away as possible. I’m on BA in the posh seats tomorrow Bom-Lhr-Jfk. Booked window again down in the end of business class. It’s like having my own little private room down there. But I better not get too comfortable like this guy did: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/man-arrested-for-in-flight-masturbation-546729

Window; I still look for random cloud forms on the horizon.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- But I better not get too > comfortable like this guy did: > > http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/m > an-arrested-for-in-flight-masturbation-546729 Hasn’t he ever heard of a blanket? Something in the story doesn’t seem quite right though: “A passenger seated directly behind Pearce, 18-year-old Grayson Miller, recalled that, “My friend Zach turned to me and said, ‘That man is m@sturbating’ and in disbelief, I looked and saw his pen1s and he was.” In his written statement, Miller reported that, “I hit him with my book in the arm, which caused him to stop and leave to the bathroom” in the Airbus A319.” What 18 year-old would say “that man is m@asturbating” or “I looked as saw his pen1s”? I’m well north of 18 and I would still nudge my buddy and say something along the lines of: “Dude, check out that fukkin dude over there! He jackin off!”. Which would elicit a response something like: “No way, you’re nuts…holy sh!t you’re right, I can see his fukkin schlong!”

wow i thought this was clearly window seats all day everyday, aisle is a distant second but the worst is middle unless travelling with a loved one , then its aisle and middle followed by aisle and middle lastly middle and aisle

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > then its aisle and middle followed by aisle and > middle lastly middle and aisle That reminds me of this: Well, there goes the rest of my day… Posted by: ohai (IP Logged) Date: May 24, 2011 11:42AM http://i.imgur.com/hD1Jh.gif

Window all the way. I"m a camel who never gets up for the bathroom, so it pisses be off when somebody wakes me up on the red eye from Seattle to use the rest room. Get your colon checked moron!

Aisle. Unless I am in the exit row. I am relatively tall and have a slight case of claustrophobia so I like the space next to me open.

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Aisle. Unless I am in the exit row. I am > relatively tall and have a slight case of > claustrophobia so I like the space next to me > open. I don’t get the hoopla over exit rows. The seats are narrow as hell because the tray tables are in the arm rests, the arm rests can’t be lifted up, and the seats in the first exit row don’t recline because they would block the second exit row. The only advantage I see is that I get off first if the plane is on fire.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goes to eleven Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Aisle. Unless I am in the exit row. I am > > relatively tall and have a slight case of > > claustrophobia so I like the space next to me > > open. > > > I don’t get the hoopla over exit rows. The seats > are narrow as hell because the tray tables are in > the arm rests, the arm rests can’t be lifted up, > and the seats in the first exit row don’t recline > because they would block the second exit row. The > only advantage I see is that I get off first if > the plane is on fire. makes a huge difference for tall people. I’m willing to sacrifice a little width for another 6-8 inches of leg room.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goes to eleven Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Aisle. Unless I am in the exit row. I am > > relatively tall and have a slight case of > > claustrophobia so I like the space next to me > > open. > > > I don’t get the hoopla over exit rows. The seats > are narrow as hell because the tray tables are in > the arm rests, the arm rests can’t be lifted up, > and the seats in the first exit row don’t recline > because they would block the second exit row. The > only advantage I see is that I get off first if > the plane is on fire. I don’t know how tall you are, but if you are 6’3", then the extra leg space is golden. On United, I pay for the “economy plus” section all the time. I think they should charge even more for the extra legroom, but I am sure I am in the minority. I don’t recline my seat out of courtesy to person behind me. In fact, I wish all the seats did not recline.

Kickin’ in the Aisle seat… Sittin’ in the Window seat… Gotta make my mind up… Which seat can I taaaake!

I like the aisle. Easy access to the loo, easy to get up and walk around on long haul flights, and can stretch out a bit more.