Women, part 3

^I didn’t know that reaching into the sink and pulling out the drain plug was being “cold and emotionless”. I thought it was “common f----g sense”.

It is. But she’s a woman and therefore responding with irrational emotion.

Where did I say it wasn’t a common sense?

battle of the sexes is on.

…because if we didn’t we would never get laid and the human race would die off. so once again, despite the best efforts of women, men are saving the human race.

The two things are not exclusive. For example, if you shout “Yippeee, problem solved!” when you do it then it is far from cold and emotionless, but it is still common sense. I choose to live life with emotion.

agreed. many or I should say nearly all men tolerate it because the woman holds access to the poon.

Do you guys realize that many MANY women believe that being needy and helpless is what makes a woman attractive? That that’s what makes a woman “a real woman”? Even to the point of faking it if necessary.

There has got to be a better communication between genders!

Whoever finishes first wins…

I love the emotional irrationability of women, turns me on, but it also gives me the biggest headache. I dig the neediness aspect too, but it also drives me insane…

Is this the hate on women forum? May I add unneeded smiley faces or laughs at the end of texts or statements. And the unneccessary captions to pictures.

It’s not a direct effect. Men inflate their ego when they feel like they helped distressed women. The women recognize this positive association for men and use this to their advantage. I disagree with the general sentiment of this thread that women behave irrationally all the time. Women are very sneaky and are adept at manipulating men. I imagine they gather together in a harem to discuss the latest strategies; many movies have been made about this. It is often the motives of women, not their actions, that are based on emotions. For instance, a woman might carry a grudge against you and wait patiently for years while methodologically constructing her plan of revenge.

Well, you can’t complain then if you like it

I think there’s a subconscous need for women to feel “taken care of”, and there’s a subconscious need for men to “take care of”. And it manifests itself with this “needy and helpless, even faking if necessary” crap.

WRT my story in particular–I don’t mind fixing my wife’s problem. I find it kind of an ego boost, in a strange way (but only now that it’s been brought to light). And I think she feels more secure or “womanly” since she has a man that can fix her problems.

But if this is the case, then why call a plumber? Why not wait just two f—g hours like I told you so I could look at it? And if you are going to call a plumber regardless of what I say, then why not just call the plumber? Either let me fix it, or fix it yourself.

It frustrated the hell out of me that she asked me what to do, then she did the exact opposite. You should either let me be the man, or you should leave me out of it.

Women have a biological dependency on men because of childbirth and subsequent rearing. While they may be capable of a certain amount of work while pregnant, they are significantly hampered (physically and emotionally) during this time. And after the child is born, someone has to raise him/her, and women are both physically and emotionally built to do so.

But the modern world has whittled away this dependency on men. Birth control and abortion reduce a woman’s physical dependence on men (but they still need men to open jars), and birth control has even reduced women’s sex drive such that they’re less dependent upon men for physical satisfaction. Should a woman get pregnant, she has government to ensure that she has paid leave for childbirth and subsidized rearing through daycare (i.e. other women raising children en masse).

The result is a childish mess. Women simultaneously feel empowered and are constantly told that they are liberated, but they can’t escape the underlying biological emotional dependency. So they want to be both free of men and taken care of at the same time.

It reminds me of my toddler. He wants to do whatever he wants, but at the same time turns to me whenever he has a boo boo or wants some apple juice.

I thought you were upset she didn’t try to fix it herself and jumped straight to calling you to come fix things for her.

Agree that what has actually frustrated you is indeed frustrating.

^Well, some fact: (A.) The reason the sink was stopped up was because there was a drain plug in it, and (B.) She should have seen the drain plug when she started pouring water in the sink and (C.) Any dumbass should know that if the sink won’t drain and the disposal won’t work, you should reach down and see if there’s something stopping it up (like a piece of silverware or peach pit).

Between these three things, I was frustrated that she didn’t try to fix it herself. It would have been different if there was something actually broken. But the “I’m a helpless and needy woman” gets a lot less attractive after a certain age–especially when it’s a “woman-type-thing”, like the dishes.

If she had called me and said, “I can’t get the lawnmower to start”, and there weren’t any gas in it, then I’d be a lot less aggravated, because mowing the yard is a “man-type-thing”.

But not only did she do a stupid thing, she compounded by asking me what to do. I said, “Do A”, and she promptly did B, which if successful, would have been a waste of $75 on a stupid service call.

I know she didn’t mean to do this, but in doing the exact opposite of what I told her to do (when she asked for my help), she basically told me, “Go f— yourself.”

Lesson to all you wives out there. When your husband says “Wait until I get home to look at it”, that does not mean “call a plumber as soon as you hang up with me”. What we really mean is “wait until I get home to look at it”.

Did you marry my wife or something?

Do you know what Ed Gein said about women?

^When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part of me wants to take her out and be real nice and sweet and treat her right.