Women

Even if it was covered by insurance, it was still a noob move. Probably took 2-3 hours to accomplish something that should have taken 2-3 minutes with jumper cables or a battery pack.

Agree. How do you not have jumper cables in the car?

I tried a battery pack a few years ago and wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re very diligent about charging it every month.

Maybe you got a bad unit or brand. I live by my battery pack jumper. Rarely drive my car, so frequently I got to my car and my remote won’t even unlock it (that’s how dead the battery gets). I’ve successfully been able to jump car awake like 5x in a row without recharging. jumper has never failed me.

one I got

http://www.amazon.com/Clore-JNC660-Jump-N-Carry-12-Volt-Starter/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1392053419&sr=8-8&keywords=battery+jumper

highly. recommended.

Don’t really want to know what you sick f’ks do to your jumper cables…

Do you guys all drive 1995 Chevys or something?

I carry a charger because (a) I often park out in the cold in the middle of nowhere snowshoeing/skiing so the consequences of battery failure are huge and possibly fatal, and (b) I refuse to boost people off my own battery, and since I live in a similar climate to Siberia, I get asked a lot. Especially old piece of junk Chevys.

But I’ve never in my life had my own battery die. I started cold at -30 for 5 hours on Saturday night after some hockey. No block heater plug in there either. No problem. Replace the battery at 6 or 7 years and you’re golden.

^Most cars come with cheapo batteries that die after three years or so.

My husband has similar views about me in several situations. I’m not talking specifically about car battery but in general. We women consider other things worth attention that you guys do. We know that you would take care of car, appliances etc while we take care of house and kids.

That seems like a great bargain, however in reality it’s more like the guys are taking care of it all (or we hear about how hard it is to take care of it).

Imagine dropping a to-do list on your wife for the weekend!

I must have gone too cheap. Think mine was Duralast from AutoZone for $50 or so. Was only good for one jump and if I didn’t charge it every 5 or 6 weeks it was worthless.

So one woman kills a car battery. Another gets her car towed.

Yes. Penis>No Penis when it comes to automobiles.

^ Well, they know very well how to wash a car wink

^ Respect.

Not even, we just pay to watch them splash around, we hand wash it again when we get home.

That battery shouldn’t have died from Radio playing unless one you have some badass stereo system or two the battery was on death row anyways then you should be glad it died in a parking lot and not on the highway.

thank you!

Don’t let me start with stupid things “people with penis” do and get themselves in SERIOUS danger.

unless you’re driving one of these below, the battery dying on the highway shouldn’t cause you a problem cause your alternator powers things up.

http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/05/14055603.jpg

Okay you basically linked a picture of my jeep…and I guess my alternator died and battery froze when driving home during christmas. It was a long week.

I’m sure one of the car guys on here will correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that the alternator sends juice to the battery and the battery then sends the juice to your computer, radio, lights, etc. So, if your battery has completely died your car will stop running even if you are cruising along the highway.

^The alternator is what recharges the battery when you’re driving. When your alternator fails, the battery quickly will die after that. My family used to have a bunch of Pontiacs and apparently they put the alternator in a difficult position. Always cost a lot to fix.