Women

^ I know the alternator recharges the battery, but I didn’t think it directly powered the electronics when the car was running. If I’m wrong though, I’m wrong.

My understanding is that the alternator generates enough electrical power to run everything as long as the engine is running, so if the battery dies while the engine is working, you won’t notice until the engine stops and you can’t start it anymore.

This is one of the reasons you need to keep the car running after you’ve started up on a dead battery, and it’s ok to drive. The car will keep itself going as long as the alternator is turning, but if the engine is turned off or stalls, you may not be able to start up unless the alternator has recharged it enough. Usually that’s around 1/2 hour to be safe.

nah i had it happen to me when i was like 17 boning this shorty in the back of the whip listening to dru hill or some wack shit like that. I had to get pa dukes to drive me out in the morning so I could jump the car outside the girls apartment he was not impressed