Yet to complete a lot

So is there anybody with a lot of material to complete yet. Not started reviewing or taking exams. I’ve quite a few readings left. So wanted to know if there are people in the same boat.

haha

i am the captain of that boat amigo, started 3 days ago, trying to get 10 hours a day, currently doing a quick first read of schweser just to see what i am up against

Things are not looking good, but I am not going to give up, assumeing I am an avg Joe and I get 300 hours done, I am sure tons of people walk into the exam with much less than that, don’t take AF as your sample, so I think with 300 hours of hard work I will stand a chance.

I did levels I and II with CFAI, I dont feel confident doing Level III with Schweser, but I dont think I have the choice.

Definitely in the same boat. I’m half way done through Book 5 (yeah, I read the CFAI books lol) and haven’t even looked at mocks or anything or even done any of the EOC questions for any of the books (I like to cram as much question-taking as possible). The problem is, I have work so I only get like 3 hours of study time per day and then about 7-8 hours for each day on the weekend (except this Mother’s Day ofc since I need to go shopping and out to eat). Not looking good at all for me : P

I’ve finished the readings, but havn’t touched any exams or mocks yet.

People say L2 is the hardest, but L3 is no picnic…

i skipped ethics and gips - now im afraid to open the CFAI books for those topics lol

I had skipped Ethics and GIPS also to finish up allt he readings. This weekend I did GIPS from Schweser (one glance). I am pretty sure I don’t remember 90% of the stuff by now. Too much of memorization.

I think Ethis will come down to last week!

To the OP, don’t worry… there are many people in your boat. just remember we have to peak at the right time. I am trying to get 4 days off from work before the exam.

Besides the Asset Manager Code (the last section of Ethics), you probably don’t have much to worry about for Ethics. I’ve just been reading it on the bus on the way to work and back, but it’s basically the exact same content as Year 1 & Year 2 (i.e. Code and Standards, none of that extra stuff from Level 2).

GIPS on the other hand, oh man am I dreading that.

Sounds good with the Ethics part, nash. If it’s only going to be AMC, then I am not much worried about it (for now). I think the way to nail down GIPS would be to go a lot of Qbank questions.

Good call with GIPS, and I have a feeling you’re right. It seems when there’s too much memorization required for something, I’m better off just doing practice questions to get a direct feel for the material and questions that might come up. It’s less conceptual so it warrants less time scrutinizing the readings.

im going to try to do all the ethics and gips questions from q bank, i started this weekend. i am also planning to read the GIPS stuff on their website (someone posted the link on here).

Wow, so many people on the boat. Even I haven’t done ethics and GIPS yet and I was planning on leaving GIPS by taking a chance because I hate it since level 1. But since every body is doing it, i’ll give it a shot in the last few days.

is the AMC very different from ethics??

I ditched the reading today and decided to do the CFA mocks, I am nowhere near ready to do them, I have not read everything, and I dont remember much of what I read

But I feel that studying without seeing a mock is like someone being told you will compete in the Olimpics, but they dono what sport, so they go lift weights for a year and it turns out they gota run 100 meters…

I am hoping after doing a mock, even though I will be checking answeres or simply reading answers as I go, I would have a better idea how I should be studying, or maybe I would call it quits and focus on job search…

Just thought I would share my plan with my fellow sailors, this boat is going down, swim amigos swim

Same here, too. Just read through everything except ethics and GIPS. I think I’ll brave that later this week. I’m feeling anxious. I’ve only just started doing the Schweser EOC… then will do CFAI EOC and try a sample exam beginning of next week. After that, I guess, just rereading and exam practise… I feel like I know virtually nothing, though.

Same here, too. Just read through everything except ethics and GIPS. I think I’ll brave that later this week. I’m feeling anxious. I’ve only just started doing the Schweser EOC… then will do CFAI EOC and try a sample exam beginning of next week. After that, I guess, just rereading and exam practise… I feel like I know virtually nothing, though.

Except GIPS all reading and most EOCs are done. No exam is done yet! Think of refresing very first material before starting exams.

Nice, I’m 100 pages away from GIPS and then I’m in the same boat as you. Oh wait, I haven’t done any EOCs yet : /

same here… no clue about PE/RE GIPS and nothing in Ethics yet…

Finished rest of EOC and mocks though.

I am just now starting ethics and GIps…

Whahahahah !!! You guys have that thing in the pocket !!!

I am by hand down this thread’s winner > I’m halfway through book 2 !!! (yes, I’m completely in the shit).

On the bright side, I do EOCs and make myself some kick ass notes that I re-read everyday, so sofar my retention is decent I guess. Wait, maybe that’s because I haven’t even done 30% of the material yet…