Yo Birdman! Let's Debate Open Mindedness

Hahaha

So the left is dangerous pushing false ideas - but when the right pushes false ideas that are packaged into buckets along with things you approve of as a means of controlling society you suddenly approve and are all on board.

This combined with your love of the level of control autocratic regimes, governments smashing dissent, nativism, make me think you would make quite a fantastic fascist. I dont say that lightly, i dont think Turd is a fascist. You however, actually might be one.

“Religion is gud cuz it supports the traditional family model i believe in and that helps me sell tickets/books/stay relevant and is the ‘natural order of things’… But really we can use it as a means to create a natural enemy of anyone we deem so” is basically the bannon model. Look at the campaign Roy Moore ran. Its literally telling people satan is trying to defeat the good guys (even when the good guy was barred from malls for chasing 14 year olds).

“The right’s” points were logically correct, and neither you nor any leftist have been able to show them false. That’s because 1) the postmodernist left have abandoned logic, and 2) the right’s points are probably true! The left’s ideas are false, because they are provable false, and the left will not enter discussion to show otherwise (because they know their ideas are false, hence resorting to postmodernist subjectivism).

Logical fail case in point. It doesn’t make sense that it was “something I approved of”, when I already said it was something I did not approve of, but then changed my mind.

The leftists are the ones obsessed with controlling society, see their corporate media/tech 1984 empire, brainwashing in the universities, and “if you disagree with us you are a nazi”. Why the left hates religion, is because it is a loss of control for them, those people will prioritize Jezus over the postmodernist’s cult (NYT worship, feminism, Western hate, etc).

there is no real substance in this statement anywhere aside from poo slinging. Literally nothing to respond to. Are certain things the mainstream left believes incorrect? Certainly, does that mean the right is correct because you fail to have the vision to see it being incorrect? Not at all.

I never said religion was something you approved of, upgrade your reading comprehension skills. I said you are willing to accept knowingly false information (religion from both of our perspectives), because it is packaged with things you agree with (authoritarianism, traditional gender roles, nativism)

There are about as many on the left obsessed with control as there are on the right and i do not believe that is mainstream thought for either party. The left certainly believes there should be more government regulation to protect & assist people. Slandering people for being obsessed with control is also laughable coming from your mouth as you are on your knees to praise China & Russia for what a great job they do crushing dissent as you see fit. Pot meet kettle.

PA just takes extremist ideology and blankets the entire left leaning population with it. It’s so lazy and dishonest. Zzzz.

“Extremist” from the perspective of CNN radical-leftists, who have no perspective. :grin:

In reality we are talking about ideology that has existed for thousands of years, all over the globe, super duper normal.

Back to the actual topic. This is a good book on the different predominant ideologies in the western world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Conflict_of_Visions

I’m pretty sure most of the weird conspiracy theory stuff wouldn’t fit in as a real fundamental part of the right wing ideology.

There’s nothing here to even respond to.

The thread is about open-mindedness, which is dead in America. I gave an example where I changed my mind, because smart people brought up points I had not thought of.

You, as a radical-leftist, took this as an opportunity to spout more propaganda about “religion being about authoritarian control” (which you learned from authoritarian CNN). Completely off topic from what I said.

Good looks, ill check this out

i did not learn this from CNN - i learned this through living in the world and seeing how religion is used to control peoples actions on possibly the largest historical scale ever. Im gonna steal a jack nicholson quote from the departed-

"When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I’m saying to you is this: when youre facing a loaded gun, what’s the difference? "

corporatists controlling how you live, religious leaders controlling how you live… whats the difference? You’re being controlled either way. I realize its an oversimplification but you just picked which of those 2 agrees with your existing beliefs its not like you had some real magical enlightening.

This is liberal propaganda, repeated over and over again. “Religion is responsible for more death than any other bla bla bla.”

I thought that, until I questioned it, and realized it was wrong. Again, open-mindedness. Liberals fail to take [positive - negative = net] they just mention all the bad parts of religion.

And finally we get to the point! The difference is that Christianity (or Confucianism here in Asia) has survived 2000 years, and thus proven itself to have utility (nature weeds out what doesn’t work). Some of it is factually untrue, but it makes their lives better , thru passing down time-tested wisdom…things that work. Corporatism is collapsing after just 50 years. Your prized postmodernist is collapsing after just 25 years.

The masses need some “controlling” guide-book for life. There is no other way. It’s better Christianity, than CNN (this is why the left hates religion). A lack of belief is not an option, “bla bla science or whatever” is not a guide for how to live your life (Dawkins is wrong). That was my big realization; time-tested religions are the best of the available options.

PA is def the most woke.

All your points still just all come back to confirmation bias of your initial beliefs anyway. You changed your opinion on religion because it was presented in a way that aligns with your existing political beliefs (nativism/traditional family etc etc). This is then taken and used by the bannons/trumps of the world for their own personal gain.

Then religion is politicized and sold extremly to evangelicals and these false beliefs (our opinion) become law which is absolutely ridiculous. I dont care if you want to believe in a god, i do care if that belief in god imposes on my life. Oh youre using some book from hundreds of years after jesus was alive written by the elite of their time to justify hating homosexuals and banning vacuuming a cluster of cells & using those cells to progress science and improve lives?

Religion had a use when most people were illiterate and too stupid to do anything but crap and die. Now information is available en masse and you can construct a society and inform people about how to reside in it without needing religion. Its an antiquated means of control that worked when people took dumps in holes on the street. Again, I have no problem with people having religion personally, thats your choice and im more than happy to wish you a happy Christmas/Hanukah etc etc. Would I say religion had a net benefit for people? Yes. Does that mean going forward it is the best way to go? No. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

you’re part of an anti-logic cult also and you’re blind to it. Here are some nice pictures of aborted “clusters of cells”. Enjoy!

https://www.pinterest.com/gordon3550/abortion-pictures/

More Here: the ones at 22 - 24 weeks should help you sleep at night as a good liberal

https://www.abortionno.org/abortion-photos/nggallery/page/3

In nearly half U.S. states, this cluster of cells can legally be aborted:

Baby Born at 23 Weeks Doing Well After Parents Post Photo to Stop Late-Term Abortions http://www.lifenews.com/2015/04/02/baby-born-at-23-weeks-doing-well-after-parents-post-photo-to-stop-late-term-abortions/

When you get right down to it, the driving force behind this evil is a literal anti-human, death worshipping satanic cult. Sorry but it’s the truth. Those aborted baby parts are worth a lot on the black market. Any idea what they’re used for? :bulb:

as lovely as that picture is, and i cant go to pinetrest at work. Im certainly not opposed to limits on abortion and am open to discussion about what those limits would be - i tend to agree with the medical community use of viability but if people want to slide it forward a bit im fine with that. Not ok with an outright ban.

medical research to advance our ability to cure/treat diseases we currently can not? or will large aliens snort it as an aphrodisiac like human horn.

Yayywork, it may be more productive to not try to argue with him on things which his minds already made up, and to focus on methods for validating ideas.

i just like to screw with him - its friday& its snowing in nyc. Fun day all around

I wish it was snowing in boston…