Your result day story

Anyone cares to share how you felt and what you did when results arrived? Here is mine: The relief was very quiet at first, wondering weather I was dreaming, I asked a colleague to read the printed email. Only when he read the word “passed” did I start to scream so furiously that people rushed into my office wondering wheather I was having a fight or something :))) People in the office asked me what had happened, but I called it a day, Van Halen’s Jump (remember the victory song posts…) at full volume in the car and off I went for good drinks down at the lake in Zurich. Needles to say, my wife is very relieved as well…

I was unable to sleep last night because I was so nervous. I was considering waiting a few days just so that I would not need to face reality. My buddy at work advised me to look at my results. As soon as I saw the words “Congratulations” and “passed” did a wave of relief sweep over me, much like Luke Skywalker when he realized that the bomb he dropped went right into the air vent to the reactor of the Death Star. I was at work, but spending the whole day calling friends and family with the news. I printed out the results and showed them to everyone to read at work after which they congratulated me. Tonight, KMFDM is in Toronto. Go home, smoke a cigar, drink beer, go out partying.

Mine results came in late…after 10:40. got a bit nervous. but smiled after opened the email. it’s more of a relief than anything else. text my wife and told couple of close colleagues afterwards as they have been rooting for me. went back to work and carry on as usual. busy day on the trading desk…but start to look for some old 911s as I have had eyes on them for awhile…

Results were supposed to come early for me (~7am Mountain time) so I had planned on staying at home until the results came and then head into work. Since the results were rather late, I reluctantly suited up and drove to work – checking my BlackBerry at every red light. Thankfully, once I got my laptop powered up and lifted up my energy drink, the results magically appeared. Hit the print button, saved an “XPS” copy, forwarded a copy to my wife, and told my boss. Got a babysitter for the kids and looking forward to a celebratory dinner tonight and a few cold brewskis.

Seems like quite a few are married. After all my wife went through with these exams, I was amazed my wife actually married me four weeks after the exam :slight_smile:

does being married give you more motivation or pressure to pass?..i would imagine its quite motivating but thats just me.:slight_smile:

havent checked mine yet… will in an hour

Alladin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does being married give you more motivation or > pressure to pass?..i would imagine its quite > motivating but thats just me.:slight_smile: Definitely. A spouse has a full co-investment in your career and sacrifices as much, or more, than you while you study. My wife called herself a CFA widow for a few years.

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wife called herself a CFA > widow for a few years. Golden! :)))

slap her ass n tell her u’re lazarus …lots of wives giving it up tonight!!!

hey ATH, you should show your wife this thread just to see what she thinks :slight_smile:

I don’t know how you guys handle studying for this monster of an exam with such massive commitments (spouses, children, work, etc.). I’m glad I got done and I’m just 23. But I’m sure their support played a huge role in motivating you. I’m gonna try and finish whatever further education/qualifications I want to do before I get married. Imagine saying, “No honey, not tonight; I’ve got to study f*cking derivatives!!”

Er, so I took L3 in June 2010, and got married in July of the same year. So in other words, nothing special happened that year.

Been lurking on the site for a while now, but felt like sharing this: I got a root canal very early this morning, car problems leaving the dentist office, stepped in sh*t walking home. My results were waiting for me when I got there: failed band 8. Immediately after reading the email (two or three times in disbelief) I get a text from my wife asking if I wouldn’t mind cleaning the house a bit since I’m not rushing back to work. Good to read others’ inspiring stories, and take some time to regroup before even thinking about June 2nd.

This was the worst day of my life as I never received the email…clicked refreshed all day every 2 minutes…Apparently I’ll have to wait for tomorrow morning…

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Imagine saying, “No honey, not tonight; > I’ve got to study f*cking derivatives!!” I imagine if it came down to it you could always play along with the spouse while the Stalla/Schweser DVD is playing in the background…

Haha, that’s brilliant.

cfaretake Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Been lurking on the site for a while now, but felt > like sharing this: > > I got a root canal very early this morning, car > problems leaving the dentist office, stepped in > sh*t walking home. My results were waiting for me > when I got there: failed band 8. Immediately > after reading the email (two or three times in > disbelief) I get a text from my wife asking if I > wouldn’t mind cleaning the house a bit since I’m > not rushing back to work. > > Good to read others’ inspiring stories, and take > some time to regroup before even thinking about > June 2nd. cfaretake - Sorry to hear the news. I have to say though, this is the most hilarious post I’ve ever seen. At least you are able to step back and realize the humor in everything crashing down at once.

well, my wife and kids were very excited. quit working at 2pm and have been drinking non stop. just jumped back on to read a couple threads. congrats everyone who passed. what a burden we don’t have to endure any longer.

Grabbed lunch and a beer with a guy on my team and decided to take tomorrow off. Heading out to dinner soon with the wife for a nice celebratory dinner at the Capital Grille.