Your Top 5 Countries for International Assignments

fxl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m planning to move from Chicago, IL to Sydney, > Australia. Good move or bad move? What field do you work in? Personally Sydney has some fantastic parts and some parts that aren’t that crash hot - probably just like any big city. I have a couple of friends that have moved to work in Sydney for 2-3 years from the US. One guy from Houston, one guy I think came from Tampa Bay, and they love Sydney.

Budapest DOES have the most naturally pretty looking women and VERY cool too. And the FX difference makes it all the more worthwhile (assume you are on an expat assignment). Previously held roles in: - EU (London, Belgium, Hungary, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland) - Phillipines - Japan - Australia - India - Singapore Would love the following to be my future assignments: - Denmark - Spain - Italy (Central or Southern) (The beauty of rotational assignments in a Leadership Program)

Salz how was India? My company has some opportunities coming up in New Delhi and Bangalore and I was looking into them. Heard that the pay for expats is great as the get paid in $$$ and live like Kings.

You are right about the $$$. India, in my humble opinion, still has a long way to go as far as infrastructure is concerned. Make sure your package includes a driver :slight_smile: AND a car. Having a good expat package is the way to go and it can be a very enjoyable experience. Id prefer Bangalore as you have some great getaways towards the south in Kerala and even excellent spots a few hours away (Andaman And Nicobar isl, Maldives etc).

aussie_jaco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fxl Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m planning to move from Chicago, IL to > Sydney, > > Australia. Good move or bad move? > > What field do you work in? Personally Sydney has > some fantastic parts and some parts that aren’t > that crash hot - probably just like any big city. > I have a couple of friends that have moved to work > in Sydney for 2-3 years from the US. One guy from > Houston, one guy I think came from Tampa Bay, and > they love Sydney. i grew up in sydney and love it. there is a great lifestyle here with the beaches, nightlife, food etc etc ive also lived in london and if you can handle the size difference (which i struggled with coming back and you might moving from chicago) you will no doubt love it. the pay is probably on par with the larger US cities. problem is the property prices are insane here. cheapest houses within the 10km range of the CBD are 600k+ for very basic place. an aptmt in the CBD would be 500k. Sydney is very expensive

thanks for the feedback guys … I’ll be mostly working in jobs related to quant … what’s the most promising field there, i know that mining industry is big in Australia aussie_jaco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fxl Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m planning to move from Chicago, IL to > Sydney, > > Australia. Good move or bad move? > > What field do you work in? Personally Sydney has > some fantastic parts and some parts that aren’t > that crash hot - probably just like any big city. > I have a couple of friends that have moved to work > in Sydney for 2-3 years from the US. One guy from > Houston, one guy I think came from Tampa Bay, and > they love Sydney.

a fair bit of quant stuff in the big ibanks. www.efinancialcareers.com.au is your best bet for finance jobs. things are picking up, but salaries are down like anywhere (simple demand/supply of course). macquarie are always looking for quants with a good background.

fxl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks for the feedback guys … > > I’ll be mostly working in jobs related to quant > … what’s the most promising field there, i know > that mining industry is big in Australia > > aussie_jaco Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > fxl Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’m planning to move from Chicago, IL to > > Sydney, > > > Australia. Good move or bad move? > > > > What field do you work in? Personally Sydney > has > > some fantastic parts and some parts that aren’t > > that crash hot - probably just like any big > city. > > I have a couple of friends that have moved to > work > > in Sydney for 2-3 years from the US. One guy > from > > Houston, one guy I think came from Tampa Bay, > and > > they love Sydney. Forget Sydney - the hottest girls in Australia are in the world’s most isolated city called Perth. The fourth largest city in Oz. And yes, if you are into mining/oil and gas, that is the place to be. I have been on secondment here for two years and I love it.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Forget Sydney - the hottest girls in Australia are > in the world’s most isolated city called Perth. > The fourth largest city in Oz. > > And yes, if you are into mining/oil and gas, that > is the place to be. I have been on secondment here > for two years and I love it. I have to agree with the most of what JOE2010 says, also in the Great City of the West Perth is a pretty good place to be. Not as big a city as Sydney but some great jobs in what could only be considered a pretty laid back place to live.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Forget Sydney - the hottest girls in Australia are > in the world’s most isolated city called Perth. > The fourth largest city in Oz. > > And yes, if you are into mining/oil and gas, that > is the place to be. I have been on secondment here > for two years and I love it. Forget hot, we want easy. Now where is that place?

Perth is too far away from the financial heartbeat. I even turned down an opportunity in Sydney because of that reason. It would be great to be there from a fun perspective, but I reckon that job-wise Oz is not that much of a booster…

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Forget Sydney - the hottest girls in Australia > are > > in the world’s most isolated city called Perth. > > The fourth largest city in Oz. > > > > And yes, if you are into mining/oil and gas, > that > > is the place to be. I have been on secondment > here > > for two years and I love it. > > > Forget hot, we want easy. Now where is that place? +1

>>Forget hot, we want easy. Now where is that place? Brazil.

Come on , it is not Brazil, Easy is DEFINITELY the US!

1. US - either San Francisco or New York 2. Vancouver, Canada 3. Singapore 4. Tokyo 5. Taipei

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Come on , it is not Brazil, > Easy is DEFINITELY the US! I assume from your nametag you are from Brazil? Women everywhere always prefer exotic foreigners. I’m American, and had a great time in Rio!

1.London 2.Paris 3.New York 4.Vienna 5.Toronto …the only person who picked dublin was JTLD :frowning:

^How many stalkers does a gal need?

dublin is for the polish now

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …the only person who picked dublin was JTLD > :frowning: That’s all u need babee