2018 Actual L3 Exam

CFA Institute might frown on that.

I have looked at it (2018 AM), and I can say that the equity question is definitely wrong. I remember that equity question because I made so many silly mistakes and did not recover from it. Is it possible that they mixed up things?

For any one looking at 2018 AM, I can tell you that the question for equity is in line with this year’s curriculum. I have compared the LOS. And as well all know the equity section was completely changed. Hence, this was not the equity question given to us last year.

I would be lucky to get 10% if I took that paper again today.

For those asking that questions look different / wrong - it is most likely the case that the Institute have amended or stripped out questions that on reflection were poorly received by the community.

Could someone send me a copy?

Thanks.

Ok…I failed in 2018 by the smallest margin. My worst section by far was equities, looks like 10-20 percent. I just reveiwed the exam, reattempted the equity section, and easyily answered three of four responses. There’s no way I scored less than 50% in equities. Is there anything I can do? I’m sure the answer is no, but dang (being polite) I’m frustrated.

I just called and confirmed, those were the equity questions from last year.

I would love to see the 2018 essay questions and answers just for my own knowledge (since I took the test) but I don’t want to ask candidates to do anything that would get them in trouble. Has anyone had any success previously in asking CFAI for a copy even though they aren’t a L3 candidate?

I think I remember some of the last year questions and surely they have changed atleast 1/2 sub questions from Equity section. Not sure of policy on this forum to mention specific word which might help recollect memories of others.

Remember the first question being horrendous and it getting easier from there. Shame we can’t review it.

100% sure the equity question is not the real one asked in the exam 2018. I could answer easily to the question without studying since last june and I remember exactly what they asked: ETF vs mutual fund and tax efficiency (for example).

And looking even more into the details, I am missing alot of other questions: where is the question about empirical duration? where is the question about hedging or not hedging currency???

nope, sure 100% they are not

So either CFAI is lying or your memory is faulty?

the first one, and it seems somebody else is confirming what I am saying. This question is easy and as I have written in another post, they asked something else. I am sure, because during the exam I was just saying “what the hell is this question”? Not the case in this one…

Furthermore, I have looked at this essay and I couldn’t find a lot of other questions; all topics that I have never seen on old exams. In fact it was a surprise to find them in the actual exam…

Stop deceiving yourself. If you really took the 2018 exam, there is no way you would say that the equity question posted is the same as last year’s.

I completely agree and this is not only the case for the equity question.

I wish I could see the exam. I passed, so in some sense it doesn’t matter, but I do remember reading part A in the Equities question, saying “Nope”, giving a polite attempt that probably didn’t go well, and moving on.

I don’t remember the rest of the question being all that tough though.

Man…that 2018 am exam is so not the real deal…wtf is this…

Conspiracy!