54% pass rate for LIII

Imagine the pass rate went down…

Glass half full baby.

The pass rate by itself means nothing to you or me. What really matters is to be in the group that passed the exam, regardless of how big it is.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/cfa-institute-reveal-much-anticipated-000000971.html

15,598 candidates made it!! (hope we all are in this group lol)

Why cant they just release the results today!

Framing bias. Don’t want it moderated either, thank you very much. cool

been there last year… band 10 and everyone is asking (or telling) “obviously you passed, right?”

feels like sh…

Is it 53.5% or 54.4%? 0.9% is like 200 people…about the same number of active participants on this forum…

The frustrating thing is it appears they already know who passed, they’re just sitting on the original date for whatever reason.

Absolutely. Pretty BS move by the institute if you ask me. I guess this is a new step in their highly respected quality control procedures.

Nice spoiler CFAI…

Ultimate trolling move by the institute

If 54% is the pass rate , then guess the MPS could to be less than 65% which adds a bit of hope.

i doubt MPS is below 65 even for L-3

My first thoughts after seeing the post was that the results have been declared. Later i realised it was a news item. Alas on 9 th Aug the world will be divided into 54% vs 46%.

For those complainig they should publish the results, imagine getting an email from the institute today saying : “OK YOU WANTED TO KNOW? YOU FAILED! NOW BEAT IT ASSHOLE!”.

I think I’d have a heart attack.

I wouldnt be surprised if the MPS is in the high 50’s or low 60’s. Look at the so called "Band 11"passes last year (especially the one’s who scored below 50 in 8 out of the 11 subjects in the morning) and im sure they had a tough time getting 65% or higher

~1,329 candidates will score a band 10 this year.

Crossing fingers that I’m not one of them, or worse.

They decide the date months in advance. Don’t expect them to finish on the deadline every year. They need a margin of safety to correct the papers, and revise the MPS.

Wouldn’t it be worse if the results were AT LEAST one month after the exam released, when done? You’d open your mail everyday shitting your pants.

15,597 Candidates will pass the Level 3 this year… All time high the highest in record… and 13,287 is going to fail this year, also all time high based on 54% pass rate. Pass rate is above 10 year average, so most candidates were well prepared this year.

Those who will fail. 13,287: almost 1,329 candidates will be in Band 10.

All the best

alright everyone relax… the paranoia is super high this year. just let it wait out a few days

Paranoia is what the CFAI thrives on