9 Days and counting

Cielito: I don’t dream very often but I had a similar dream last nightwhere I checked the website and upon first glance saw the word “pass” and then saw that it was preceeded by the words “did not”. I think it felt worse in the dream than it possibly could in real life. I, of course am 50 - 50 as well, but can hardly remember the test at all at this point.

i had a dream in mid december that i passed, which is weird and sort of scary because i tend to expect the worst… i hope that’s not a colossal jinx.

For all of those stressing out, remember that the main purpose of the process is to learn, not pass tests. The reason that the credential is worth anything is not because of the letters after your name but because it represents the knowledge that you have acquired. You wouldn’t want the letters if you didn’t think you had really obtained the knowledge to back it up. If you don’t pass, it just means you’re not there yet. It’s can be a long road, what matters is that you stay on it and don’t take the exit.

Man… I learnt 98% of the LI material in my Bcomm, I agree that studying massive amounts for a one day exam did reinforce those concepts, but I truly did not write the exam with any thought other than advancing my career/it was required for my job/passing = raise. I am hoping that I learn more new material on the next two (which I’m told I will). Plus, because of the cramming nature of the LI exam, most of the details tested on the exam are a distant memory. I remember the concepts yes, but the details? No. I would definately want the letters no matter what. I don’t even want to post about results, my knuckles are getting bruised from knocking on wood. GL everybody, one week and we can stop playing the guessing game.

well stated by longoncfa… >>> its like I’m holding pocket 10’s goin up against AK suited. One time baby, one time!!! — good luck with the results everyone.

Take it easy guys. It is just an exam. It won’t make or break your career. There are tougher things in life. I don’t even think about CFA these days until I come over here.

but you come over here because you think about the CFA…

Of course I do think about it but I think about other things more.

kochunni69 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hope you guys won’t flip the coins after a > decision. or the people who depends on you who > should be flipping the coin. > > Sorry to say so. There’s a basic flaw in your logic here kochunni69 (I love your original, witty username… so inventive!! ); passing the exam is not a “decision,” its more like a complicated mix of preparation, scoring methodology, natural aptitude with an added touch of luck (240 questions from a sea of material???). I think its perfectly natural for people who have dedicated a sizable portion of multiple months to this undertaking on top of the $$ spent to be very anxious. I would argue that those who have the most invested, and were therefore likely to be the most prepared, who are the MOST anxious right about now. I have many friend who had all of their prep/ fees paid for by their firms, had no incentive to study… didn’t… and now aren’t the least bit nervous as to the results. I would liken it to a well researched investment… no matter how much of a “sure” investment it may be, your heart will beat a little harder if the Buy is for 1m vs 1mm. I cannot say the same for myself. I studied diligently and made many familial/ social sacrifices to participate in this program- and I couldn’t be more anxious to get the results. And as many of the others noted before me, intense preparation notwithstanding… I have no idea if I passed.

If I pass, I’ll call it a miracle, since I totally bombed morning paper and FSA. But you know what most of us don’t have a choice if you want to be in this field, not like we are useful for anything else except office work, so I’ll just write in again, until I pass, I don’t give a shit how long that will take, I’ll finish it, sooner better than later.

I put forth alot of effort studying for this exam. I will be disappointed if I don’t pass, but won’t be surprised if I fail. If I don’t pass, I’ll just pick back up and get on it again. Hopefully I didn’t forget as much of the content as it feels like I have.

I’ll be a disappointed if I don’t pass too, I studied pretty diligently… I would be pretty discouraged if I failed, especially since I have a biz/math background and graduated recently. Waiting for the results is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

lillilland Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Waiting for the results is like a kid waiting for > Christmas morning. More like an inmate getting ready for hanging

I think of it more like a defendant waiting to get a verdict in the courtroom.

>Waiting for the results is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I don’t know about you but if during my childhood christmas morning was based upon a 50/50 flip of the coin, I don’t think I’d really enjoy Christmas too much.

Haha, I was thinking more of the excitement/anxiety of finding out what Santa brought you: like a lump of coal or a new toy. jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >Waiting for the results is like a kid waiting for > Christmas morning. > > I don’t know about you but if during my childhood > christmas morning was based upon a 50/50 flip of > the coin, I don’t think I’d really enjoy Christmas > too much.

Oh God, I wish I hadn’t read this thread. I don’t have words to describe the feeling in my gut when I log on to check.

>Haha, I was thinking more of the excitement/anxiety of finding out what Santa brought >you: like a lump of coal or a new toy. haha, true.

I’m going to make myself a nice, big cup of tea before I go check.

I’m going to make myself a nice, big jager bomb before I do.