AF Fantasy Football 2012 - League full

That is correct. At the beginning of the draft, each player is given $200. Then each of us nominate a player and we all bid, highest bidder takes the player.

Also to buy a player you need to bet a minimum of $1 (so if the roster requires 15people, the MAX you can bid on one player is $186 - the remaining $14 going towards buying 14 ($1) players).

Few advantages of auction drafts:

1. No player is at the mercy of their draft position when picking their team. If you really want Rodgers on your team all you have to do is make the highest bid.

2. You can nominate any player you want (except for the once already bought). There are no ‘rounds’. Each player is valued as a standalone commodity. (None of the 'oooh I can pass on Rodgers in round 1 because I love Matt Ryan in round 8). You want to nominate Matt Ryan early, you go right ahead.

3. No one can stop you from getting both Arian Foster and Ray Rice on your team (but they will be expensive and eat up major of your cash pile)

4. AF reason - it’d be fun to see how AF members value players. Do we remain rational and conservative or swing for the fences with big names

^ Agreed with the above. If you haven’t done an auction draft before I would recommend you do a mock auction draft prior to our draft. I think Yahoo has free mock drafts around the clock.

Yeah, and I think the important thing to realize is that as is the case with a normal draft no matter what spot you pick, you can also do well in an auction league irrespective of your budget allocation. For example, I’ve done two auction leagues in fantasy baseball. One year I spent nearly 30% of my budget on a single player (it was Albert Pujols). Another year, I decided to spend no more than 10% of my budget on any given player. My performance during the season had much more to do with all the other players on my team and putting together a balanced roster (either through drafts or off of free agency), rather than being about how much I allocated to any single player on draft day.

To put it in investing terms, it’s a no-brainer that the top players are going to go for big bucks…most of their value is already “priced in.” It’s often more about finding those underpriced players that could have very strong risk-adjusted returns…at least if you ask me.

What will the budget be for each team? $200?

Are we still doing this format?

QB, WRx3, RBx3, Flex, TE, K, D, Benchx6

Yes everybody will get $200 as auction money.

Guys we are a little over 2 weeks away from draft day. Lets fill up that last spot or we might have to reduce the league to 10 teams.

King Kong would you like to do the honors and renew the fantasy vault account from last year?

Payout as suggested earlier should be:

10 teams: 3 payouts (Top 2 finishes + top scorer) ($400-$100-$100)

12 teams: 4 payouts (Top 3 finishes + top scorer) ($420-$150-$75-$75)

Thoughts?

I am fine with either payouts

so next Tuesday, correct?

Yes, correct. Date and settings are set. League is full. King_Kong or I will send details about payment and next steps soon. Thanks and good luck to all.

Everyone - we have set up an entry fee collection service on leaguesafe. We need everyone’s email address ASAP so that the invitiations can be sent. Please check the message board on the league page on Yahoo for more information.

We are still missing payment from the following teams:

mar350

Stocks & Blonds

Tebow

Chefs

Roberto’s Red Rocket (still need your email too)

Please note that you will not be allowed to draft and will be dropped from the league if you have no paid the buy-in prior to the draft. Check your email for information on how to pay for the league on leaguesafe.com.

Seems like Yahoo is having problems with its fantasy draft program. No one was able to draft yesterday and I am not sure if the problem still persists.

We might have to reschedule the draft if it doesn’t get fixed before tonight.

Hopefully it will work for everyone tonight. Rescheduling will be tough from my side.

Please test it by going into mock draft around 6pm tonight and let us know how it goes. It worked for me Sunday though.

I did a draft yesterday for another league and I had no qualms. The draft I did was Snake though so unless it’s the auction draft having issues, we should be fine.

Well, we’ll plan to move forward with the draft but of course if there are issues that prevent us from logging on during draft time, we’ll just re-schedule. This happened once with a prior league and nobody knew why it was, but these things happen and we’ll find a way to resolve things if any issues come up.

I am currently 5-0 and projected to win my week 6 match.

However, Yahoo projects me to finish 7-6.

Yahoo is projecting me to finish 1-6 in the last 7 weeks.

Interesting to note though, that I would still make the playoffs in the projected situation.

Are you a lucky 5-0? Do you have the most points in your league?

Pulled off a 105-96 win despite leaving Shonne Green on the bench. It helped that my opponent started Garcon who did not play.

Back to being 3-3, with Marshall/Graham/Colston coming back from byes. Hope I catch a couple of bye week teams in the coming weeks to boost that record.

Yes, it is definitely a lucky 5-0 - but I’ll take it! I think I have the 5th most points in the league.

I have just peaked and bottomed at the correct times, all within a relatively narrow band (only one week below 100pts, which only 2-3 other teams in the league have beaten).

Never would have imagined this team would be 5-0 at the beginning of the season, but Bradshaw, RG3 and Demaryius have really outperformed this year and like I said - I’ll take it.

Bradshaw is having a career year.