Analyst

Wow, How many of you guys have Masters Degrees and work in areas such as customer service? Willy

Just out of curiosity has this position been filled ??

No but I believe we have our final three candidates. Don’t worry, we will be hiring other positions shortly. willy

just wondering what kind of background the final candidates have in terms of experience - qualifications … I’m just trying to determine if there is actually something I;m lacking or if its just the way my resume / cover letter is worded …

Hi Willy, I am almost done with my MS in Accounting (with Bachelors in Finance) and currently Level 2 candidate. I have couple of internships (one as fixed-income analyst, one in consumer banking related to improving customer service, customer satisfaction) etc. Pls. take down my email: sparty419@gmail.com.

jeez. this getting worse than Monster.com

Willy, I graduated from a top 200 school in 2005 and had a 3.1 GPA. I took a statistics class while in college and got a B, so you can see that my analytical skills are good. I haven’t been able to find a job in finance yet, so I’ve been studying for level 1 for the last 2 years in preparation. I will take the exam in June. I think I have a lot to offer. Please e-mail me at joeblow35534 @ gmail dot com.

LOL

We [literally] had Economists applying. I mean, hello, for $50K…lol. Willy

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We had Economists applying. I mean, hello, for > $50K…lol. > > Willy Perhaps they’re not very good economists if they’re making such economically irrational decisions

I just sit in my office going “Why would such a bright person want to analyze NAV data and scrub data”? Willy

just goes to show that the competition is real intense here …and I guess HR didnt do such a good job of filtering candidates

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just sit in my office going “Why would such a > bright person want to analyze NAV data and scrub > data”? > > Willy Nevermind, then. I’m not interested in the job if it entails such “grunt” work.

I’m still interested.

I mean every job has some grunt work associated with it. I think the value of this position was the contacts you get to establish and the learning you get. And I mean $50K is not bad for a strictly 9 to 5 job. The odd time there may be over time work but I really don’t see it being regular. Willy

Are the bathrooms clean where you work? Do you get any free coffee & tea?

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I mean every job has some grunt work associated > with it. I think the value of this position was > the contacts you get to establish and the learning > you get. And I mean $50K is not bad for a strictly > 9 to 5 job. The odd time there may be over time > work but I really don’t see it being regular. > > Willy Do you have movie Mondays? If so, I am totally applying.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WillyR Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I mean every job has some grunt work associated > > with it. I think the value of this position was > > the contacts you get to establish and the > learning > > you get. And I mean $50K is not bad for a > strictly > > 9 to 5 job. The odd time there may be over time > > work but I really don’t see it being regular. > > > > Willy > > > Do you have movie Mondays? If so, I am totally > applying. “The only cure for the Monday blues is…VARSITY BLUES!”

I love how the salary started out at $60K and is now $50K. Willy, if you hire me I’m willing to work for $40K. I feel the quality of the experience gained will offset the fact that I’d have to live off Fancy Feast cat food. I have a PhD in fluid dynamics, MBA, LLB, all three levels of the CFA, FRM, CAIA, CSC, CPH, IFC, PFPC, and a ‘G’ drivers license. My hobbies include eating boy butter and watching Herbie Fully Loaded.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I mean every job has some grunt work associated > with it. I think the value of this position was > the contacts you get to establish and the learning > you get. And I mean $50K is not bad for a strictly > 9 to 5 job. The odd time there may be over time > work but I really don’t see it being regular. > > Willy Not only that, but for $50K, they’d get to work for you(!).