Anyone able to apply for the 2018 scholarship? I am able to, is that telling?

very true, flash.

just those pre-results jitters creeping in, that’s all.

Could be a dumb question but could this be related to the number of times some people have applied and withdrawn? Those who can’t see it, how many times did you apply and withdraw?

Grading is done during week 4 and 5 according to this document https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Documents/exam_results_timeline_june.pdf

This is the 7th week… i.e., The Board convenes to set the MPS for Level III

Interesting reading about the grading process on page 10 of the document - https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/Documents/cfa_program_theory_meets_practice.pdf

After all examinations have been fully graded during the first week of grading, approximately the middle 50% of the distribution of scores are graded again in their entirety—a process known as senior grading.”

a youtube video on grading process… this was previously posted on AF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGroE9-gpDo

i have a scholarship saved since july 8. my screen is like markols post.

Do we really think they set the MPS the first day of this week and already updated the site?

Doubt it… and I don’t buy this scholarship theory… would wait till 8/8

If you apply for scholarship, you would probably pass 'cause they won’t sponsoring you. :slight_smile:

Guess I’m screwed, still see Access Scholarship.

Was not even aware that they had a scholarship program until this L3 thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

or maybe it’s the other way around… people who don’t see it are screwed D:

To be quite honest, if this is a sign I would venture to guess it isn’t the other way around. It would take a miracle for me to pass.

We are like some stupid morons. Some religious sect.:slight_smile:

Sure! But there might be some merit to this. Think about it, two years ago level III results were accidentally released / available when Level I and Level II results were available. That would mean that scoring would pretty much need to be wrapped up this week. See y’all next year, fellas.

So I am now wondering if this is a systematic tell sign (across all levels). Talked to a couple of guys taking Level III that do not have the option, but here is the weird thing. The option, access scholarship, is not available to some guys that are waiting on Level II results.

Maybe means nothing. There is some “blind” hold status when you apply for something as scholarship in this case and then withdraw when status may appear as blank for some period. Try in 5-6 days and maybe this option would appear again . As I recall, last year was something different with this scholarship status. I applied and withdrew in June but missed check this page status after withdrawal. I was concentrated only on my Resource page as always. Didn’t even know for this profile page. Also is worth noting that members has a bit different options than candidates as per non-member’s screenshot above.

Good to know. My guess is that it means nothing then and this is just a simple bug in the website. Can’t see why this would apply to other levels.