Attack against French Magazine

Isildurr believes its ok to kill people because you’re offended. Its just reflective of his values. Don’t judge. He’s a backwards guy, that’s all. Understand him, don’t hate him.

**deleted for offensive material

Quoting this so resident low-life can’t edit it. Boardmembers, are you going to tolerate this filth ?

Viceroy, board is discussing next steps now. It is noticed.

Someone please ban this retard.

hardly, try emmigrating to any country outside of Western Europe or North America and report back on how it goes. Unless you’re taking a shit load of money with you you won’t get treated half as well as even the French treat people that turn up clinging to the underside of a lorry.

Try moving to an Islamic country and denouncing Islam and report back.

^ yeah this is terrible. also, the posted pictures are surely inappropriate for a professional forum. ban please.

Anyway, another attack in France today, really sad stuff. Hopefully not the beginning of something sustained.

lets not mix the discussion here, it’s not a case of the West vs the Muslim world. Yes, some terrible crimes were committed in detention centres but that can’t be held up as rationale for people murdering people for drawing a cartoon.

in a side note, I can see UKIP picking up some votes as a result of all this.

in b4 the ban

Why were isildurrr’s pictures removed?

It seems slightly strange when people are lamenting the attacks on freedom. Sure, it might have been a bit startling for a professional forum but they were not doctored, altered in any way and depicted the reality of what happened in Abu Gharib.

It most definitely might not have been appropriate for a financial forum but it is strange that a lot of other stuff is allowed to fly under the guise of ‘interesting discussion’ yet this was removed instantly. Does the demographic division of the forum decide what is above and below reproach here?

^ You don’t understand the distinction between public expression and privately owned for-profit business. Its not illegal to publish those photos in the US (but publishing a cartoon could get you killed, easily, in the Middle East), but the managers of this business have the right to determine what’s appropriate in light of their sponsors, etc.

^^

My god, can you really not grasp why the posts were removed ? Or are you another troll account ?

I understand the distinction. I’m just mildly curious as to who is drawing the line and where. I mean there was a thread a while back referring to Muslim prayers as making moo sounds that was allowed to float which while mildly amusing is not appropriate. There was also a dude from Pakistan who got jumped with quite frankly obnoxious and stupid questions where both Canadians weren’t even warned. Not that it matters like but nevertheless. Vice sure is cranky today though.

The board. via email.

isildurr is just a terrorist apologist, who is likely a muslim. I have plenty of muslim friends who are perfectly rational but are sympathetic to muslim causes. I didn’t get a chance to read isildurr’s posts before they were removed, but attempting to justify terror attacks should NOT be a banable offense. After all, this whole situation has been about freedom of speech to a certain extent and, while most of us don’t agree with it, we shouldn’t ban people who have difference perspectives on issues because that’s what makes this board fun and interesting to read.

Isildurr has totally different beliefs than I do and most others on this forum, but I actually do find it interesting reading his thoughts. Having said that, it seems that he posted some photos that don’t belong on a professional forum, which is a totally different issue.

I’m actually with Isuldurr/Zidhai on the irony of the pics being taken down.

I agree with Zidhai as well. It is curious that the same posters who would talk about freedom would want photos censored.

I have to admit, I think taking down the photos was heavily ironic, although within the mod’s rights. They did serve to make a point and they were not completely out of line with SFW standards. To me they were the least offensive of the things he posted.

That being said, he should be banned if he hasn’t been already. Not because of the pictures, but because posting the level of profanity and vileness of his content as well as the wishes that other posters would be decapitated are not even remotely within the forum guidelines or the general scope of a professional forum.