CAIA - Level 1 Results

Best method, doing the same ^

any chance that we still get the results today?

What’s going on everyone. Not trying to blow up this thread but had some news that is relevant to everyone who took the L1 Exam in September. I just got off of the phone with a lady at the CAIA HQ and spoke to her regarding the glitch in the system on our profiles this morning and how it applies to test scores. I asked her about how the profiles earlier came up as “Registered for L2 or L1 2017” and she said it was a glitch in the system due to the new website and registration opening today. She said regardless of what message you saw, all profiles got mixed up and have NO INDICATION if you passed or failed based on the message you may have seen. She says scores haven’t even been entered into the system/website yet or whatever that means. I asked if we could expect to get results today and said she couldn’t tell me. She did say we will 100% find out by Friday and it could be before that as well so keep checking. Hope this helps those with concerns. Best of luck.

@Jg you the real MVP!!!

Thanks @Jg. Appreciate the update. Maybe that explains why my password didn’t work this morning. I had it stored in Chrome and it kept telling me I was using the wrong password.

Thanks JG6! As I got the “Registered for L1 2017” message, it’s comforting to know that I haven’t failed L1 (yet!).

From what I’ve seen on past year’s Fall exam threads, L1 results were released on Mon or Tue of the equivalent week (i.e. the week beginning with Columbus Day). The major thing that’s different this year in contrast to past years seems to be the updating of the entire CAIA website.

The results also seemed to be released by 10 AM ET in years past, so I’m thinking the earliest for us is tomorrow.

If I had to guess, the CAIA Institute has all of the L1 results internally determined but just needs to ensure the website is glitch free before releasing them to us.

Best of luck!

Bravo. It was a pretty awful feeling to log-in last night and see “Candidate X is registered for Level 1 in March 2017”. I guess that’s what happens when a very small not-for-profit tries doing too many things at once (e.g., updating website, launching early registration, and wrapping up grades). It would be better if in future they simply state that results will ONLY be released on X date. I’d rather know that I have to wait three weeks instead of frantically checking my e-mail every few hours.

Thanks for the info jg! However I can even input information and register for the spring level 1…and it really feels bad to wait for another 2 days :frowning:

Wondering if today might be the day. For what it’s worth, when I click on the register link on the initial home page (with myself already logged in from that computer), I’m not able to register for anything and instead get the “already registered for L1 Spring 2017” message.

At this point, I’m not going to read anything into this, but I do think there should have been a message with something like “Fall 2016 results to be released” rather than anything about Spring 2017.

For what it’s worth, when I click on the register link on the initial home page (with myself already logged in from that computer), I’m not able to register for anything and instead get the “already registered for L1 Spring 2017” message.

Exactly the case when I log in too. Not going to read much into it as well - but my feeling is that this is going to be a Friday thing, I will completely Tune this out until Friday morning, am not the patient kind. Back to CFA level 1 prep - these 8 weeks are going to be intense, not going to take any chances with that one.

And Hi all by the way, have been lurking on here for years, finally decided to join the discourse of distinguished individuals on here.

Ya, one of the posters above called CaIA and they said that was a bug in the system and not to read into it since they apparently haven’t even imported grades into the system yet…I don’t buy it but whatever. Seems like they are really frantically trying to get everything done for Friday so I wouldn’t hold my breath that it will be released before then (as per previous years). All in all, the organization seems very very small and rather disorganized.

I can’t stand this anymore

Agree with highbeta. At this point, I’m going to mentally pencil in Friday morning as the release time, but if the results come out earlier than then, all the better.

You are starting cfa level 1 prep now (Dec exam) or were studying for CaIA and cfa at the same time? Either way, that sounds like a disaster.

I agree it sounds like a disaster, when doing the CAIA - I only focused on it. And now I am turning my attention to the CFA. In addition to that I commute 3 hours a day round trip, work at least 9 hours a day, have a 3 year old at home who needs my attention constantly and enrolled in my final year of graduate school, taking 2 classes a quarter. Moral of the story being - if someone like me can actually pass - (if i do pass) - anyone can do it. Thank you for your input highbeta :slight_smile:

I commend your work ethic, but all of this combined can’t be good for your health. Letters after your name MAY improve your likelihood of getting a great job but that won’t matter if you’ve shaved 10 years off your life from stress. Stress is a KILLER, man. That’s why so many of us are on drugs. I work at JPM and it isn’t uncommon to see some frequent bathroom breaks for those in the front office.

But back to the topic of this thread. I wish everyone the best of luck, and if you fail, just be happy you can re write it in 4-5 months and it will be based on the same material (unlike level 2…they got screwed)

big day tomorrow

Did anyone who took LEVEL 1 see that they were already registered for LEVEL 2 on the website? In reading through the thread it seems that everyone who saw this saw that they were registered for level 1, except for one who cited level 2, but this person actually took the level 2 exam.

This would make me believe that this notification is not a proxy for exam results.

One of the above posters contacted CAIA and they apologised saying it was a website error and that they hadn’t even imported our grades into the system. I don’t know how truthful that is to be honest. It seems that this year’s release was quite sloppy since they also had to contend with launching a new website. At any rate, I hope they are following this thread and change their policy to simply release results ON a specific day instead of making people reload their inbox every hour.

this is simply ridiculous: instead of posting this nonsense at their twitter account:

‘Early Registration is now open for the Spring 2017 CAIA Exams. Are you ready for the next step in your career? http://bit.ly/2dtCxFP

they should rather come up with the results.