Coronavirus will destroy the economy

you may have had the virus.

Anyone with half of a brain cell wouldn’t trust what he said. Chinese government might have covered it in the beginning. But soon they realized it was a huge issue and needed to be made public. Meanwhile Americans thought this whole virus was a joke, even after Trump declared national emergency, ppl still dont give a ■■■■. Look at the clear water beach in Florida today, it’s still flooded with ppl. Even if they gave you 4 months, you will still be where you are today.

i would understand if this was teh bubonic plague with a mortality rate of 60% but this iis a joke because this disease barely kills young productive people. 0.2% for people ages 0 to 50. our natural immune system is enough stop this. so i wouldnt be all that worried contracting corona just to get it over with
now if we are talkin bout policy then it makes sense to shut down for a month to nip this in the bud, but everyone has to do it. if only some do it then the half ass measures are useless since it will still eventually spread. you are just prolonging the inevitable. vaccines will not be available until a year has passed so there is no help coming anytime soon.
the bigger issue that the us fears is the increase in hosptializations. should this spread, we dont have a strong healthcare system to handle it.they want to prolong the spread so that it is manageable, but to do so is harmful to the economy. and given the current mortality rates, i dont think its worth it enough for us to be causing such a fuss.
i think teh world needs to remember that a lot of diseases comes from china. and trump was right all along with severing ties with them. china did the right thing by quarantining. but it is important to remember what james norrington said of the pirate jack sparrow: “One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness”

“I’ve always known this was a pandemic”

-trump

valuetainment.

I may have the virus. Who knows? Not like they’re testing dudes in the 30’s with a minor runny nose. My wife is being pretty hardcore about us being quarantined. Not for our own safety. We all agree covid isn’t killing us. But, we don’t want to spread it to my mom or other old people. I do think there’s something to not overwhelming the healthcare system. So I’m cool with chilling inside for a couple weeks. After that…we’ll see.

Edit: @S2000magician edited my post to correct my grammar. I feel ashamed, rightfully disciplined, and violated. This has the making of a great PH movie.

the us healthcare system is ■■■■. we are like mexico except more corona.

And just like that, two days later, the bond market makes a complete fool of the Fed.

The dollar took on so much more demand today due to rising yields. Chances are they take rates back up sooner than later?

I knew that you would be horribly embarrassed if other users had caught even a glimpse of that apostrophe, so I felt that it was my duty to safeguard your reputation.

Pretty sure I messed up “making” vs “makings” there too.

This is probably very misleading at best. Canada and UK have similar beds per 1000 as US. Australia’s figure in your chart is also way off. Since the number of hospital beds globally is dropping as healthcare centers move more to outpatient services (attempt to save on costs), my guess is US, UK, Canada, etc… were first to start this trend.

Comon man, do some homework before posting stuff like this.

Not cool man.

lets get social

Lol I mean they are Patrick bet David’s argument. I am merely quoting. I don’t know enough I guess. But the Us inability to serve people who are sick is very real. That is why they are trying to slow down the spread through quarantines. Many health experts are calling it flattening the curve. But given what you said I guess flattening the curve is still a necessary policy for the countries with the most beds.

The us only has 2,800 hospital beds??

Nery…

lol no. its 2.8 beds per 1000 people. so 840k.

:broken_heart: :broken_heart:

I think you italicized ‘have’ instead of ‘may’ also - it’s all good though…

Who remembers when Jim Cramer almost had an heart attack on live TV? Where is he now when we need him?

TrumpVirus
TrumpPlague
KungFlu