Did you finish AM session?

kh.asif Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > seems like most people from AF completed AM and > also had time to review… I remember going back to a question that I would have gotten completely wrong, but made a quick change. If anything, I hope I’d get more partial credit than I would have originally.

Yes, just.

Yes, with 5 minutes to spare. The first two questions took me forever (way longer than recommended). Then I freaked out and picked up my speed. Half way through the exam I had a weird feeling that I might have missed a question so I went back to check if I had answered each part of every question. It turned out that I really did miss Q2 part E. I don’t know why - it was right there but I just didn’t see it.

Finished with 5-10 minutes to spare, but didn’t finish a cursory glance over the exam. It was tight, but I wouldn’t have changed much with extra time.

yes, with 10 minutes to go.

Yes. Two mins left.

Yes…15 mins left

I had like maybe 5 minutes left. I left the IPS question and came back to it at the end because I know if I stopped on it for too long I’d be buggered. Time was a serious issue in the AM…

No. Missed an entire item set.

Yes just. I’m unsure how people dont know there running out of time. With 180 marks/minutes all you have to do is look at how many marks you have done and what the time is. I took about 70mins to do the first 60marks so I knew I had to speed up and finished just in time. Common sense isnt it?

yes, but made a few dumb mistakes in calcs.

yes but with only 5 minutes left, not enough to go back and review. Like a few others on here, the first question tripped me up right out of the starting blocks and took way longer then it should have. I was able to catch up but time was tight.

30 minutes early. Did a bad job with time in the PM was flying through then stayed on 3 problems for forever and only had 20 minutes to go back. Should have pushed through and had an hour to check question that needed to be checked.

No. Left 9 minutes worth of the most difficult questions for me. Thanks to Stalla for the advice on grabbing your points.

Yes! with 3 minutes to spare.

Yes. With 50 mins left to review. Sitting on a hard stool with nails sticking out sure works.

1 hr to spare. Went toilet twice to pee.

regarding IPS, here’s my advice, that I got from another candidate just before the exam. Don’t do these first but save them for last. I first took a minute to scan the front of the book to find out how many questions there were, then I went to one I thought would be easier for me to start with. If you do this, you won’t realize at the end that there is one more question and you have no time for it. As schweser says, “a blank answer never earns any points.” This stuck in my mind. It was 9:10 when we started, and the question I had chosen to answer first had 22 minutes allotted to it. So, I wrote on the top of the page, before doing anything else, 9:32. I made sure to work quickly enough so that I could stop at that point. Moving on, I tried to pick up some time, attempting to complete a 16 minute question in 15 minutes, for example. Then I went to the IPS last, and had the 30 minutes to spare. Something else I did was to read the questions first, then skim the vignette to pick out what I needed to answer the exam. Doing it this way saved time, of course I missed something doing it this way, but the 30 minutes at the end let me go back and correct this.

^ sounds like a smart fella. :slight_smile:

DoubleDip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > regarding IPS, here’s my advice, that I got from > another candidate just before the exam. Don’t do > these first but save them for last. > > I first took a minute to scan the front of the > book to find out how many questions there were, > then I went to one I thought would be easier for > me to start with. If you do this, you won’t > realize at the end that there is one more question > and you have no time for it. As schweser says, “a > blank answer never earns any points.” This stuck > in my mind. > > It was 9:10 when we started, and the question I > had chosen to answer first had 22 minutes allotted > to it. So, I wrote on the top of the page, before > doing anything else, 9:32. I made sure to work > quickly enough so that I could stop at that point. > Moving on, I tried to pick up some time, > attempting to complete a 16 minute question in 15 > minutes, for example. Then I went to the IPS > last, and had the 30 minutes to spare. Something > else I did was to read the questions first, then > skim the vignette to pick out what I needed to > answer the exam. Doing it this way saved time, of > course I missed something doing it this way, but > the 30 minutes at the end let me go back and > correct this. You sound like a methodical type of investor.