Drinking a requirement for sucess in Finance

Also, SomewhatDamaged, there are TONS of muslim punjabis, myself included…anyone from Lahore (which is in the province of Punjab, Pakistan) is Punjabi:P

Also, SomewhatDamaged, there are TONS of muslim punjabis, myself included…anyone from Lahore (which is in the province of Punjab, Pakistan) is Punjabi:P

Wait a sec, you guys don’t drink, don’t watch football, don’t like fantasy football, and don’t play golf? What they hell do you do on sundays? Don’t tell me you’re some of those artsy fartsy types, cause you don’t wanna know what I do to artsy fartsy types. It involves some chains, an American flag and a TV with Schwarzenager movies

It’s all good. I respect your willpower (though I’m assuming you’ve never had a drop of alcohol ever in your life). I was much of the same when I was a youngster up until the age of 21, where I never drank at all and didn’t care to try or bother with it. I’ll bring you to the dark side yet, you booze virgin. What’s interesting is that I think I’m actually more intelligent/witty when I’m buzzing. That’s either a) REALLY sad for me, or b) pretty freakin cool. I’ll stick to b, and no one will tell me otherwise. :slight_smile: I’m actually surprised that none of my good muslim friends have tried preaching to me, but I think they realize that if I ever switched over to Islam, I would single handedly cause the demise of a couple thousand year old religion with my bastardized haraamfulness. It wouldn’t be pretty. :stuck_out_tongue:

SomewhatDamaged: many have tried:P luckily, I happen to be unbelievably witty and charming sober…and incredibly modest as well;)

It takes a real man to order a Shirley Temple.

SomewhatDamaged Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a muslim, isn’t earning interest also a > faux-pas? (what are the views on capital gains?) > > You’re in the wrong industry dudes! Yeah but there is always zero coupon bonds! :wink:

Somewhatdamaged, i feel you’ll not live 5 long centuries to see that particular religion couple of thousand years old, bcause despite your mixed religion you’re still a human being with max 100 yrs life expectancy.

MFE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > shouldn’t hurt as long as you are buying the lap > dances for everyone thats something i have a problem with, i can drink em under a table but strip clubs creep me out.

"SomewhatDamaged Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a muslim, isn’t earning interest also a > faux-pas? (what are the views on capital gains?) > > You’re in the wrong industry dudes! Yeah but there is always zero coupon bonds! ;)u " Actually, you can use Sukuks

cfa_toronto_on Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SomewhatDamaged, what religion is punjabi? probably sikh

SomewhatDamaged Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfa_toronto_on Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > SomewhatDamaged, what religion is punjabi? > > > I wasn’t trying to imply that punjabi is a > religion, but I see how my comment could have been > extrapolated as such. I do know that muslim > punjabi’s exist, but there aren’t many. > > To clarify, I’m actually half hindu and half sikh. yeah there aren’t too many punjabi muslims. I think there’s only 80 million or so of them in Pakistan’s punjab province. Atleast that is what someone told me.

cfa_toronto_on Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SomewhatDamaged Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cfa_toronto_on Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > SomewhatDamaged, what religion is punjabi? > > > > > > I wasn’t trying to imply that punjabi is a > > religion, but I see how my comment could have > been > > extrapolated as such. I do know that muslim > > punjabi’s exist, but there aren’t many. > > > > To clarify, I’m actually half hindu and half > sikh. > > yeah there aren’t too many punjabi muslims. I > think there’s only 80 million or so of them in > Pakistan’s punjab province. Atleast that is what > someone told me. They’re just wannabe’s.

I find it hard to stop drinking when I’m out with co-workers. I usually end up coming home around 3 AM and completely hammered. Hung-over the next day doesn’t help either.

ss_toronto: looks like there has been a bit of a misunderstanding here…i am not against muslims or christians or jews or hindus or punjabis or anything…and i know many americans who are not either…i was just pointing out the harsh fact that you guys are on the "endangered species list"in usa… its a fact…kind of like the fact that global warming is happening, whether one admits it or not!..and if it makes you feel better, i am one of the weirdos who are actually trying to conserve the endangered species :wink: …so technically…i m on your side… no hurt feelings man! sorry if hurt you (or anyone else)… …so go and have a drink on me…well i mean…have a coke or sprite on me (in the original can, not on a small glass) :smiley: … -ron- ss_toronto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Turkish, you got me :wink: > Actually, I’m trying to get over ronyusa’s > comment:P

I am Muslim too, what I do is, show up in these happy hours or whatever it is, but instead of getting a Beer I got a sprite and if they ask, say it is Koniac.

so heres what i think, take or leave it dont ever change your true views about anything for anybody, dont drink ?? then dont change for nothing/nobody… if somebody doesnt respect you because of that, they are an f*&*(ing insecure loser football? just the americans talking… nobody knows what that is outside of the 300m people that live in the us… thats their sport, how about bball, soccer, hockey all right, rant is over, get back to talking amongst yourselves

No drinking or pork, but Islamic Jihad–hey, no problemo.

“I am Muslim too, what I do is, show up in these happy hours or whatever it is, but instead of getting a Beer I got a sprite and if they ask, say it is Koniac.” Ok, I’ll bite, what is Koniac?

I think he meant Cognac