F&*#@ing CFAI exams!

Alright dudes and dudettes, I’m looking at the cfai website for Sample Exam II, Swannie’s going in, setting rape alert to 11…

Kill it.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > they never replied to me. but i’m 99% sure it is > as dwight says above. Thanks for verifying. I was so pissed at this question/explanation that I answered it wrong again when it came around the second time :wink:

wear some protection.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > they never replied to me. but i’m 99% sure it > is > > as dwight says above. > > > Thanks for verifying. I was so pissed at this > question/explanation that I answered it wrong > again when it came around the second time :wink: Did the same thing. thought maybe they would catch themselves the second time around and got the red screen again.

swan, you are going to be fine.

For FCFF calculation, we should not be taking anything that is interest bearing in NWC. It would mess up the calculation. Plus, if you scored 60%, add 10% confidence interval plus add 5% for scrolling up and down and loosing data. So 60%+10%+5%=75%, pretty safe. Two of my friends CFA level 2 advised me to skim through the questions without paying attention to raw data to understand what is the topic, then read each question, go back and pick up the data that you need. There will be lot of data that may not be required but to confuse. How many sample CFAI exams are there other than the free one? I saw two of them.

Mother F*CKER!, I got a 66%, it came down to the last PM question and I was 50-50 between to choices, of course I choose the wrong one.

That’s not bad Swan. That is the hardest exam from what I have heard. If you got a 66 on that then you are looking good.

Still frustrated, plus I had two really ignorant mistakes in FCFE/FCFF that I’m still pissed at myself about, like total punch yourself in the vicinity of your facial region moments. Not to mention its literally 50 degrees in starbucks today, I can barely type and I’m not exagerating, so I can put a point or two to that. But still, really annoyed at myself right now. On a good note, the IPS questions regarding PM were generally very straight forward so maybe that’s good news for the exam. MWVT, did you do the second one yet? I’d be interested to see where you fall, I feel pretty sure that you could knock a repeat on that 77. CFAS, isn’t that what you got too, based on that and the first exam, I’m thinking we’re pretty much evil twins, you’re gonna be at the CHI meetup right?

that’s a good score swan. i dropped below 60 on that one a few weeks ago.

Either way, I view as as fairly equivalently prepared, just it took me an insanely long time to get to your level in terms of hours. This exam makes me feel stupid, its like a mentally abusive relationship. Anyhow, you going to CHI?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- MWVT, did you do the > second one yet? I’d be interested to see where > you fall, I feel pretty sure that you could knock > a repeat on that 77. > I wouldn’t count on that. I will be giving it a go on Sunday or Monday.

you don’t want to be my twin, bro. i hit a 75 on schweser, but on the online tests, from what i can recall, i’m 70,56 (i think), and 67. i don’t know, man, i bombed that second one. i do want to make it to chicago, but not sure i can get a pass from the wife. yes, i know how pathetic that sounds.

you should feel good about that test 2 score. really.

Posting some good scores there Swan. Nicely done. The second one is a byatch. That one FCFE just made me feel retarded. Got to do some catching up. Cfasf1 you’ve been killing them too starting weeks ago. Have you finished every practice exam possible?

nope. i still have book 6 exam 3 to do, the mock from cfai. i might have to fork out the dough for the bsas. don’t know yet. oh, and i have book 7. got mid 60’s on the am of the first one there. it was harder than i thought. i’ve been reviewing and i think my scores should improve… will see. i really do hate taking tests online though. that’s not an excuse for my poor scores, but i have a tiny thinkpad and it drives me crazy. and so does knowing if my answer is right or wrong right away. bottom line is, i need to improve in these last 2 weeks. btw. i know you will be killing all these tests GM. trying to keep up with you.

I’m not saying I do this, or that I would encourage it, but if someone was so inclined, they could do a CFAI mock, choose one answer, like “A” for every question, and along the way print screen each probloem and answer to powerpoint, at the end you’ll have a full paper exam and you can print it out and take it. I’m just saying.

This weekend is going to be a good test of preparedness. Nice to have 3 straight days to hit it hard without work getting in the way. Going for Schweser am, and pm test 2 and then I think I’m going to dive in and hit the mock. I’m with you. I HATE the online exams… If they offered it, I’d drive to one of those stupid testing centers that are monitored and take a paper test and then forfeit the test back to them. It’s getting pretty intense though only 14 days away from the exam…

true. if i were to do that, which i would not even think of doing, it would prevent me from yelling F*CK!! out loud at the library and scaring the children and the old men reading newspapers. just saying. GM. 14 days. still no cfa dreams. i’ve been too complacent. but now i’m freaked out.