Funny things that happened exam day

^^double suck

Sponge_Bob, where the heck to you live that you get the cops called on you for standing in the road? Must not be much crime where ever it is that they actually respond to that call.

It was along a 6 lane stretch of highway (4 lanes main, with 2 lanes running along for a long exit off ramp). The car broke down on the 4 lane part, but I walked over the 2 lanes to get to the side of the road to not get hit. The battery was dead so I had no hazards and after dark all people could see was someone standing on the side of the road if they were driving the 2 lane portion.

I was stuck trying to exit the parking lot from our test venue for 45 minutes!! Frustrating thing was that there was two lanes to exit, and the morons in front were only using the one lane. I was at the end of the line going f*cking BANANAS cause the other lane was clear but I couldn’t get past all the cars to get to it. Finally after 45 minutes of people being complete morons, I was able to squeeze past the fools on the left and get through the second exit. As I drove past all these idiots, they were all looking at me like I was crazy (at this point I could have killed someone). After pulling through the other exit, I peeled away and gave them all the finger. Thing that drives me totally bonkers is that some of these clowns are going to pass… There’s an arrow pointing OUT and a little light that is GREEN… HELLO PEOPLE, OPEN YOUR F*CKING EYES! If CFAI gave points for common sense, I think the pass rate might fall even more, to like 25%.

true that glen, should of seen the hassle leaving T.O parking Lot. I was a complete d**k but you had to be. These morons driving must be just out of driving school it was horrendous. I pulled a similar stunt move just like yours. Entailed me going on the shoulder (i.e making another lane of traffic to help the outflow), but to my amaze no one followed my lead. Like to say thanks to all those suckas (about 25 cars) for being such morons and not clogging up my getaway. Had a crappy spot in the parking lot plus slammed a beer but made it to Mid Toronto but 5:35, not bad timing if ya ask me.

The guy beside me, kept grunting/snorting every 2 minutes. It got worse in the PM session. At one point I almost wanted to punch him in the face!! To top it off, towards the end of the PM session, the dude let’s a big one RIP! LOUD! I was like sh!t dude.

maile Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no heat for the AM session, outside it’s 10C, rain > and windy, inside it was about 5C. Not allowed to > stay in the building for the break, we come back, > they turned the heat on for the break. turned it > off again about 2. > > at 10.30 or so in the AM some girl’s cell/mobile > went off when she went to the washroom, don’t > think they let her finish. > > also, at the end of the AM session, some guy, a > Level 2, kept writing after the “put your pencils > down”. They took his paper, put a big X thru it > and he was toast. You were in Vancouver right? That’s what happens when they put these things in a friggin hockey arena. I was oblivious to all the other stuff.

Big Babbu Wrote: > You were in Vancouver right? > That’s what happens when they put these things in > a friggin hockey arena. > I was oblivious to all the other stuff. oh yeah, I dressed in layers but I was COLD!!! the dude who kept writing was in the section infront of you L3 writers, that’s why it took so long to get up after the AM session, they had to separate his paper from all the others!

maile Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big Babbu Wrote: > > > You were in Vancouver right? > > That’s what happens when they put these things > in > > a friggin hockey arena. > > I was oblivious to all the other stuff. > > > oh yeah, I dressed in layers but I was COLD!!! > > the dude who kept writing was in the section > infront of you L3 writers, that’s why it took so > long to get up after the AM session, they had to > separate his paper from all the others! Was that at the back of the arena, or off to the left. I was right at the back two rows from the front of the L3 writers in that area. There were more L3 writers off to the left hand side. If he were in the middle section, that would have happened right in front of me and I didn’t even notice. After how long it took us to get out of there for lunch last year, that seemed speedy quick this year.

kevin002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The guy beside me, kept grunting/snorting every 2 > minutes. It got worse in the PM session. At one > point I almost wanted to punch him in the face!! > > To top it off, towards the end of the PM session, > the dude let’s a big one RIP! LOUD! I was like > sh!t dude. LOL… I’m going to keep that in mind… Might just use that next year to lighten the mood a bit… Total silence, then brrrrrrraaaaapppppp…

Same here in california…for once the women’s bathroom line was SO much shorter than the men’s. I was glad!

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maile Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Big Babbu Wrote: > > > > > You were in Vancouver right? > > > That’s what happens when they put these > things > > in > > > a friggin hockey arena. > > > I was oblivious to all the other stuff. > > > > > > oh yeah, I dressed in layers but I was COLD!!! > > > > the dude who kept writing was in the section > > infront of you L3 writers, that’s why it took > so > > long to get up after the AM session, they had > to > > separate his paper from all the others! > > Was that at the back of the arena, or off to the > left. > I was right at the back two rows from the front of > the L3 writers in that area. > There were more L3 writers off to the left hand > side. > If he were in the middle section, that would have > happened right in front of me and I didn’t even > notice. > After how long it took us to get out of there for > lunch last year, that seemed speedy quick this > year. i was on the far right side underneath the bleachers and i didn’t notice anything save for consternation of the faces of most of the exam writers

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > i was on the far right side underneath the > bleachers and i didn’t notice anything save for > consternation of the faces of most of the exam > writers That’s where I was, in the back, near the ladies (Sect G) this happened in section K (my colleague was in that section and saw it)

SkyinBrian521 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was surprised at the number of people wearing > thong sandals and shorts…CFAI suggests dressing > in layers. I have nothing against the thong > sandals as I own a pair myself and wear it in the > summer a lot but for a 6 hour test in air > conditioning? > Exactly!!! In Hong Kong, I once took Level 2 in sandals, trousers and t-shirt. What a mistake!!! The room was so cold that by the end of the 6 hours I was literally shivering from the cold. It kept me awake though :slight_smile:

I was surprised at the number of people wearing > thong sandals and shorts…CFAI suggests dressing > in layers. I have nothing against the thong > sandals as I own a pair myself and wear it in the > summer a lot but for a 6 hour test in air > conditioning? > Exactly!!! In Hong Kong, I once took Level 2 in sandals, trousers and t-shirt. What a mistake!!! The room was so cold that by the end of the 6 hours I was literally shivering from the cold. It kept me awake though :slight_smile: Thong shorts? Yeah, that would be a bit surprising.

steinmd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How about the ppl who bring like 10+ pencils in > with them? What are they expecting to happen? > Place a confidence interval around that one! (I > think I’m delirious) I was one of those people…I must have had at least 7. I did it without even thinking about it and didn’t even realize it until about two days later - “man, I brought a lot of pencils.” I’m sure all the guys around me were probably laughing about it…in addition to my hot pink earplugs complete with a compact carrying case.

AFJunkie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chicago, there was some kind of roller derby going > on in the PM. Wasnt very loud but someone in > McCromick place was bowling I think… So that’s what all that whistling was? I could have sworn I heard a whistle go off a couple of times and for some reason I thought it was people being caught for “violations”…once again, the hot pink earplugs.

At the start of the AM session, I was surprised to see instructions for completing the LIII essay portion of the exam. Turns out the Proctors were handing out the LIII paper in error. From scanning the LIII forum, maybe I should have just gone straight to LIII & hoped for the best?

kellyc319 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same here in california…for once the women’s > bathroom line was SO much shorter than the men’s. > I was glad! Same in Toronto. I’ve never seen that phenomenon before I started doing CFA exams :slight_smile:

After the AM session as the time was called I just managed to finish circling the last oval. The proctor was standing right behind me and didn’t say anything. When I came back for the PM session she politely told me that I have been reported for writing after time… I was stunned and for a minute could not speak anything… Only I know how I managed to complete PM session. Finally when PM session ended the proctor said, “Stop writing or you will be reported” as she looked sarcastically at me. After the exam I was waiting for a friend and the proctor walks by. She stops and asks me how I am doing. I said, look I prepared so hard and you have reported me without any reason. She said, " I have only reported that you marked an answer and that will hardly make any difference. We are supposed to report a few incidences every time. I am really sorry and good luck with everything" I just kept quiet and walked away… Have been in a rollarcoster ride since then…