GUACAMOLE!!!

2 bags for $5.00 at my local grocery store!!! They are ripening next to a bunch of bananas!!! :avocado: :yum:

What time is happy hour?

1 Like

I had avocado toast for brekkie AND as a late night snack today!!! :yum:

I love this soooooo much.

More avocado toast for brekkie today, on some homemade bread - and I didnā€™t skimp on the guacamole!!!. :heart_eyes: :avocado: :bread: :100:

Homemade bread - did you make it yourself? Like milling the grain and all?

Nope, but somebody has to put the store bought ingredients into the stand mixer!! :man_cook:

ETA: there is an old mill not too far from me that grinds grain!!! Mebbe Iā€™ll go buy some flour from them and do some baking!!!

Why let someone else breath their COVID particles onto your fresh flour?

I bake my bread at 425F: ainā€™t nothinā€™ gonna survive that!!! :microbe: :zombie:

Bag of 5 for $1.88 CDN!!! :avocado:

I tried freezing a ripe avocado. The texture was pretty mushy. Meh. :man_shrugging:

More avocado toast this morning and some guac on homemade bread this aft as a snack!!! :yum:

Weā€™ve added a guacamole seasoning that has a lovely hint of cumin to it!!! :yum:

Bought a bag of six last Sunday. Two have ripened nicely, the other 4 are still green and rock hard. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

ETA: Burned again by cheap avocados. :unamused: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

ETA#2: I bundled up the avocados in a plastic bag with a couple of apples. If theyā€™re not soft enough tomorrow, Iā€™m gonna cube and freeze them. Mebbe I can throw them into a smoothie or somethingā€¦ :roll_eyes:

ETA#3: (This is turning into a real shipwreck diary!!!) The avocados softened up for some mashing, but they have no flavour!!! :frowning:

Have to say Iā€™m amazed youā€™ve kept this going so long. Where are the sour dough updates?

I went on a sourdough kick last year when lockdowns got serious. It was OK at first, but itā€™s a lot of upkeep and care, so I said ā€œForget this, goshdarnit!ā€. :man_shrugging:

Think you need to rebrand them amigo

I love Avocados

1 Like

I almost lost a batch of cheap avocados: they were next to a bunch of ripe bananas and I caught them just before they turned bad!!! Mmmmmm, guacamole!!! :yum: :avocado:

Interesting discovery: my gf made guacamole and put it in a glass Mason jar with a sealing lid. It stayed relatively green for a good 2 days in the fridge!!! :+1:

You inspired my breakfast this morning. Thank you.

1 Like